“Very quiet, good for the money”

Hanoi Lucky Hotel I
Ranked #461 of 588 Hotels in Hanoi
Texas
“Very quiet, good for the money”
Reviewed 26 February 2010

We moved to this hotel after having a terrible experience at another hotel. It was not the nicest, but was inexpensive, in a good location, and on a side street (so it was very quiet). The rooms were not clean and the bathrooms were a bit shabby. Breakfast was unremarkable.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Korean first
Hanoi, Vietnam
Reviewed 10 February 2010

Our stay was very pleasureable. The room was a decent size with soft mattresses, wooden floorboards, fridge, cable TV, air con, and coffee/tea making facilities. The bathroom was clean with plenty of hot water available. The staff were friendly and willing to help with any requests promptly. They did not try and push day trips etc on to you. The hotel is situated in a quieter picturesque street in the Old Quater of Hanoi - a few minutes walk from Hoan Kiem lake and the market areas. There are a few bars nearby. Kitchen provides breakfast but there could be more options.

Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
Bangkok
Reviewed 24 December 2009

The hotel is ok for short stay. The service was great. They were all nice and service-minded. I love the people so much.

Just have to make sure if you book tour trip in Vietname with them, get everything exactly you requested. We asked for Tulico or Livitrans train tickets to Sapa but we got in Orient which was quite dirty and old. But it's just a lil thing compare to the wonderful experience in Hanoi.

Thanks guys!

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with friends
Vancouver
Reviewed 16 October 2009

Only stay here if you have to. You get a computer in your room, which is handy and the staff were nice enough but the room and bathroom were filthy, the bed uncomfortable, air-con noisy.... need I go no? This place needs a serious facelift.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Carysrbe
HoangNguyen, Owner at Hanoi Lucky Hotel I, responded to this review, 16 January 2010
We would like to thank you for your kind review and comments on our hotel. We hereby would like to notify that we have just recently renovated all the hotel's facilities. We replaced all the old or uncomfortable facilties by the new and good ones. So I am sure that you will feel happy when you come back to my hotel and see such a big renovation. Thanks & Best regards!

Nguyen Dang Hoang
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 14 October 2009

I've struggled to summarise anything good about this hotel, I've travelled around a lot of Asia from 5 Star Luxury Hotels to Bargain Basement Rooms and Hostels and I have to say this has got to be near the bottom of the list.

The room wasn't very clean and I arrived to a room with a distinct smell, maybe old water. There was dust around the room and there was a packet of condoms in my draw, one of which had been used. A basic clean around the room after a guest has left would of picked up something like this, but it was obviously not done/or the hotel is trying to imply additional services (which i doubt).

The showers weren't very good, the water trickled out.

I decided to have a short stay in the room and book a tour to Ha'Long Bay.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled solo