“Great vegetarian options”

Lantern Lounge
Ranked #128 of 2,765 Restaurants in Hanoi
Cuisines: European, Vietnamese
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Find yourself in a unique environment in the heart of Hanoi. A mesmerising place where you can hang out with friends, work and feel home. In our lounge we aim to provide traditional, fresh and nutritious food.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Amazing vegetarian options and the setting is lovely. I had fresh spring rolls and braised egg plant with bean curd but there were many other choices also. Recommended

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My husband and I visited Lantern Lounge one evening while looking for a restaurant with good vegetarian options. Whilst the menu looked promising, and service was good (hence the 2 stars in my review), the food was dreadful. I ordered vegetarian Vietnamese soup and my husband ordered a vegetarian quesadilla. My soup tasted like boiled cabbage and was loaded with raw onions and I simply couldn’t eat it. My husband was able to eat his vegetarian quesadilla, but said it was the worst meal he ate in Vietnam. It isn’t often that I can’t eat food, but this was like eating the cabbage soup described in Rohl Dahl’s Charlie and The Chocolate Factory, a wholely unenjoyable experience. Vegetarian food doesn’t have to be tasteless and boring, lots of fresh herbs, some fresh lime, soy sauce and chilli make dishes come alive, sadly these were absent on our visit. Perhaps the meat dishes fare better, but we do not recommend eating here if you’re vegetarian!

Reviewed 15 May 2018 via mobile

We had the clay pots they were nice, fresh and tasty, good value, nice service. Spring rolls were delicious

Reviewed 14 May 2018

We went here for drinks. Very cool and chill atmosphere. Good service. One needs to go through the ground floor restaurant and up the stairs to get to the lounge.

Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

Best meal ever during in Vietnam. Very nice decoration with a lot lantern. Comfortable sitting and relax. Of course food was amazing, the toilet also clean too. Sure to come back.