“Fine for one night.”

Ranked #63 of 580 Hotels in Hanoi
London, United Kingdom
“Fine for one night.”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

It's a very busy hotel (and when we stayed they were hosting travel agents from around the world). Our room was okay but clear that it was not often let so presume the better rooms went to the travel agents. However, the bed was comfortable, the bathroom was huge and well - equipped. Both the room and bathroom were clean.

Breakfast was terrible with the travel agents all arriving at the one time and they ran out of tables meaning we had to wait for breakfast - not great.

The staff were hard working, friendly and did their best to help.

It's quite a good location and just a short taxi ride to the centre.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank TerryMinuit
G_Manager-ICH, General Manager at InterContinental Hanoi Westlake, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Dear TerryMinuit,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior. Your comments will certainly be looked into. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

We hope you will consider InterContinental Hanoi Westlake for your future travel needs so we can show you the guest experience as we design it.

Adam McDonald

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (520)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Hanoi, Vietnam
Reviewed 11 August 2014

My wife & I stayed 3 nights here as part of our Uni World Mekong Tour. This is a very comfortable hotel with super friendly staff, very good food, very comfortable beds, large rooms & large ensuites, very well equipped gym for your stay & good masseurs. The weather here has been very hot so therefore the pool warmed up a bit but that can't be helped. One area that I want to mention is the great food & friendly staff in Café Du Lac where Mr Tuan is one of the F & B Supervisors. He did a great job in looking after us when w were in the restaurant. Adam McDonald - the Gen Mgr of the hotel is an Aussie from Melbourne & runs a great hotel. He is very friendly & approachable should you need to contact him.
Keep up the great work Adam & well done to you & your team & thanks for a wonderful stay.

Room Tip: The rooms over looking the pool & the Lake have great views & balconies you can sit out on.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 88Bruce_R
G_Manager-ICH, General Manager at InterContinental Hanoi Westlake, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Dear 88Bruce_R,

Thank you for your great compliment to our hotel.
It was a great pleasure to welcoming you and your wife at InterContinental Hanoi Westlake. Thank you for your kind feedback and your special mention of our services. I will pass on your compliment to Mr. Tuan - our supervisor at Cafe du Lac restaurant.
We are happy that you enjoy your stay with us.
We are looking forward to your next visit.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

I have been staying in a number of hotels in Vietnam and Hanoi specifically. I also stayed in Intercontinental Saigon last month. From all my experience in those hotels I have stayed I only can say that Intercontinental West Lake is the best. Best view ever, spacious room, nice food (especially seafood) and a helpful crew. I can name a few of the hotel staffs who have helped me: Quyen from reception desk who lended my her iphone charger, Phong at the restaurant who recommended me great dishes...I will surely come back in the near future :)

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Vanessavu
Dear Vanessavu,

I am very happy to receive such a great comment about our hotel. Those comments encourage us very much to do our best. We are very proud of our personalized service and I will share your comment with my team.

We hope to see you again soon.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 10 August 2014

We recently stayed at the Intercon Westlake for a few days. The hotel itself is in a great position on Westlake, we booked into a Overwater Panoramic view Lotus Suite room with Club benefits, wonderful room, excellent value with the Club benefits, we had breakfast in the Club room which was so lovely, plus there were drinks and nibbles (nibbles are great and more like a meal) each night. Staff fantastic, so friendly and caring. My only issue would be the pool, it's rather tired and run down, needs a re-vamp, but the hotel itself is great. Westlake is about 10 min from Hanoi (depending on traffic), we chose to stay here to enjoy Hanoi but escape back to the hotel for peace and quiet, sunset over the lake is just beautiful.

Room Tip: Overwater Panoramic view Lotus Suite room with Club benefits, worth every cent
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Traveller_Chelly10
G_Manager-ICH, General Manager at InterContinental Hanoi Westlake, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Dear Traveller_Chelly10,

Thank you for your recent correspondence regarding InterContinental Hanoi Westlake
It is delight to know that you enjoyed staying with us. I agreed with you that our exclusive InterContinental has been designed to ensure you will receive the highest levels of comfort, convenience and personalized service during your stay with us.
The hotel has a unique location which is built on the surface of the West Lake. From your room you can have a very beautiful view over the lake.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back.

Adam McDonald,
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Truly 5 star hotel, relaxing beautiful view not only from the room but also from sunset bar. The hotel is not close to the central but quiet and clean. The staffs are extremely friendly and helpful. They go out of their way to make you feel welcome and comfortable.
Make sure you try food in Saigon Restaurant in the hotel. I tried some traditional Vietnamese food in the restaurant and it was amazing. Great thanks to Mr Dan, FB manager for introducing us Pho as well as Vietnamese culture, making our trip memorable.
Definitely be back again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Gemmy D
G_Manager-ICH, General Manager at InterContinental Hanoi Westlake, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Dear Gemmy D,

I am very happy that you have a memorable exprerience at InterContinental Hanoi Westlake.
Our hotel has a unique location in Hanoi where you can relax and enjoy the quiet and peaceful environment although not so far to the city center, only 10 minutes by taxi.
I am very proud that my team can anticipate your needs. I will share your comments with the Saigon restaurant teamto recognize their efforts.
Thank you to sharing your experience and we are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 9 August 2014

I recently stayed within this hotel for three nights and loved it. I paid about $75 Australia with a mate to stay in this grand hotel. The hotel itself is located about 10mins taxi ride out of the centre of old town.
But even know your away from all the city action you wont be disappointed. The pool is big and warm, the outdoor bar is amazing and overlooks the city on the other side of the lake. Drinks are very expensive here but the quality is great.
If you upgrade your package and get the deluxe package you will get all the alcohol you can drink and canepes to eat. The cocktails are deadly and they throw way to much alcohol in them and ruin the flavour. The food is great though. we ate like kings when we went there.
Hotel is about 45mins to the airport and will cost you about 380 000 dong if you get the set price with the taxi company
If you want to pay the extra bucks then this is the place for you. Highly recommended. 8/10 stay.

Room Tip: try to get a room on the pool side. the other side over looks the local houses
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Hendo_Glenn,

Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor.
I am happy that you enjoyed your stay at InterContinental Hanoi Westlake. I agreed with you that our exclusive InterContinental has been designed to ensure you will receive the highest levels of comfort, convenience and personalised service during your stay with us.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back.

Manama, Bahrain
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

First visit to Vietnam and coming to Hanoi as the first city, I must say that I was not too happy with the city itself - but the hotel and the stay was amazing.

On the way to the hotel - I was "shocked" with the old town, but the moment I entered the hotel... I was happy. Despite the late check in at around 10pm, the team members were very attentive. The bellboy was a bit too tough, but it was alright.

Breakfast at Cafe du lac was delicious, with freshly baked croissants pass around every day. The healthy, fresh juice corner was very thoughtful too. During my stay, I also visited Saigon Restaurant and it is definitely a must-try!!

Did not get to try the swimming pool however the gym was small but great.

Overall the stay at InterContinental Hanoi Westlake was great and will definitely stay here again if we ever return to the city. Highly recommended!!

• Stayed August 2014
3 Thank Yoonie129
G_Manager-ICH, Manager at InterContinental Hanoi Westlake, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear Yoonie129

Thank you for your great feedback.
It was with true pleasure I read your review about your recent stay at InterContinental Hanoi Westlake. I am truly delighted to learn that the team made such a great impression on you and that the hotel facilities met your expectations during your last stay with us.

Thank you for your kind comments about Cafe Du Lac and our signature restaurant for authentic Vietnamese food, Saigon and the provided service during your stay. I have already shared your comments in our last team meeting as I know they appreciate learning how they truly made a stay "in the know" and memorable.

It will be our true pleasure welcoming you back to InterContinental Hanoi Westlake. If I can be of any assistance on any upcoming visit, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Warm Regards