“such friendly and helpful staff”
Review of Kangaroo Hotel

Kangaroo Hotel
Ranked #28 of 371 Speciality Lodging in Hanoi
London, United Kingdom
“such friendly and helpful staff”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Kangaroo hotel is full of such helpful staff! I was in a panic about trying to find accomidation near the airport as the internet was being so unhelpful and i had a really early flight the next day, but the staff here sorted it out for me and on top of that got me a way cheaper deal at a really nice hotel and showed me the cheapest way to get theere- just shows not everyone heere acts kindly on money. The room was nice and air con was great plus a tv with loads of great channels. I was even staying heere alone a couple of nights but never felt like i wasn't getting the help i needed. Cheap enough price for a good place. I'd say the beest thing about it is the staff so make sure you book a room before management changes!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

I was very happy and confortable while I stayed at this hotel. Every staffs tried to do their best with warm kindness whenever we need thier help. If I visit Hanoi again, I will stay at this hotel. And I will recommend my friend to stay here.

• Stayed July 2014
Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

the service here is amazing! Very warm and welcoming:) the location is in the middle of eeverything. (we walked everywhere) The room has very comfortable beds. A bathtub, and a refrigerator and AC for the warm weather in summer.
We warmly recommend this hotel :) enjoy your trip in Hanoi!

• Stayed July 2014
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

We were originally staying for 4 nights in Hanoi, and ended up staying for an extra 3. We were in our own room, big comfy double bed, a balcony and a clean bathroom with a bath tub and shower. We got free breakfast every morning, you can choose from egg on toast, jam and toast, fruit etc and a free drink. The staff were amazing, they cleaned the room
And changed the towels everyday. They learnt our names and would chat to us every time we saw them; they gave us a map and showed us the best places to go, they can book trips for you, rent motorbikes and basically tell you everything you need. They stay up at night to let you in personally, always help with whatever you want, and have ice cold refreshments which is always good. Really really enjoyed our stay, the staff really made it perfect. It's also in a good location, close to everything but peaceful at night. Thankyou so much, would totally recommend.

Stayed July 2014
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 25 June 2014

we arrived at Hanoi early and we need to leave our baggages I came to hostel early not check in time but the receptionist said we can get the room even 10 AM. They are so kind with us and help me to book the The Halong Bay. It was nice to stay here. Thank you very much Moon and Lili. You made my stay really great.

• Stayed June 2014
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Cheap price,, good service for supporting our trip such as tour reservation service, bus service, kind manner, recommendation for our trip and restaurants, breakfast included, good location, providing city map, etc.

Best value

• Stayed June 2014
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 15 June 2014

I reached Hanoi The Old Quarter at 630am from Sapa (Lai Cai) without much sleep in the train. The staff initially asked me to wait until 12pm (their check out time is 11am) when the room is vacant. However I chose to wait and rest in the lobby due to headache and slight fever. Without much hesitation, they gave me a much bigger room (price S15) while I actually paid $10 for a small single room in Agoda.com. I stayed in the big room with a balcony with street view for two nights without changing room, perhaps I was LUCKY. They never asked me to pay the balance as well.

They surprised me by cleaning the room while I was out. This is not very usual with budget accommodations.

The breakfast was great and the service at desk was excellent. I was given a map and advises on how to visit the Hanoi city. They have got all detailed information on everything.

Nobody asked me to buy any tour. I'm all HAPPY during my stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo