“Top notch service, rooms, and breakfast” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hanoi City Palace Hotel

Hanoi City Palace Hotel
Ranked #88 of 578 Hotels in Hanoi
Austin, Texas
“Top notch service, rooms, and breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2012

I have no complaints about the Elegance Sapphire whatsoever. The service is out of this world, the rooms were clean, spacious, and fully featured, and the breakfast was very decent. The staff in reality is what really shines, however. It is more than evident that the hotel goes to great lengths to ensure that each staff member displays the utmost professionalism, service, and courtesy. In fact, they may have actually overdone the "sir" at the end of every sentence but this just goes to show the emphasis on respect for the guest. During our stay there, the staff organized the Ha Long tour for us when our other operator canceled on us, booked us with another hotel of equal quality at the same rate we were paying there when one of our two day/one night tours fell through, and even transferred our luggage back to the Elegance when we had come back from another tour. To top it off, one of the receptionists even did research for me to see where I could find a very specific souvenir which I had been searching for throughout all of Vietnam. The Elegance also has a car service to the airport which while perhaps a tad more expensive than other more economic hotels will save you headaches and scams at the airport. Finally, our breakfast was included with the price and was one of the better ones I had during my vacation. It is quick, complete, and satisfying. All in all, I would grade my stay at the Elegance Sapphire as one of my best hotel experiences during my month long trek through SE Asia. Highly, highly recommended!

Room Tip: Triple room, at least in our experience, was actually a room with two double beds and an extra twin...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank RicardoYB

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2012

I chose this hotel because of reviews of its customer service. And it didn't disappoint. The staff are great, so helpful and friendly. In addition, the hotel is very well located. An interesting area to be in. My room had several issues, but hey, its not the Metropole!

Room Tip: A room with a window may mean a window into the corridor! To get a real window you will need a stree...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Steve P
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2012

We stayed in the family room for 3 nights and wuld recommend the hotel highly and will stay when we next travel to Hanoi. The room was well presented spotless and with all the amenities. Breakfast was fantastic and the staff could not have been more friendly or helpful.

Room Tip: Family room was great and easily fitted 2 adults and 2 children
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank LKarenN
Winchester, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2012

Located close to old city and the water puppet show. Hotel is very nice, clean and comfortable and the staff is friendly and accomodating. I had visa/passport issues and the hotel employee at the business center was kind enough to scan my passports and email then to me so i coud then email them to my travel agent. He did it in a matter of minutes and was a life saver. While I had my own laptop, our room - and I think all rooms - was equipped with a laptop with instant internet access that was very fast. That's a nice touch. Breakfast was from a menu (6 or so selections and you could have one of each) and it was excellent with the banana pancakes to die for. My wife had one of each on the selections (and loved them all) and a young server brought me the Englsih version for the Saigon paper. We did not have any issues with thin walls but that might be because of the location of our room. This is a great place to stay!

Room Tip: We had room 502.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank nriemen
Pacifica, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2012

My family of five greatly enjoyed our stay at the Elegance Sapphire Hotel. The rooms are spotless and comfortable and the staff is very friendly and helpful. The breakfast is abundant and delicious. Plus the location is central and within walking distance of the sites. I would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: For a great view of Hanoi street life, request a room overlooking the street.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Hwy1AllTheWay
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2012

Just got back from a great trip to Hanoi Vietnam. We stayed at Hanoi Elegance Sapphire Hotel, Hanoi and really did enjoy our stay. We couldn't fault anything. It was a very nice boutique hotel at great location with friendly staff and nice breakfast. I would stay there again if or when I am back in Hanoi.
The Manager was very helpful with booking another tour stright away for us after we found out that in the morning that we cannot go to our planned Halong Bay trip due to bus being full. I have stayed in more expensive hotel like hilton but never got the service I received at this hotel. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Frida001
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2012

We stayed in family room, the room amenities and cleanliness is perfect. the bed was very comfy with very clean and high quality bedsheets.. There is laptop and free w-ifi, on top of other facilities in the room. The location is great quite in the middle of old quarter, and very close to the lake, historical sites and museums, and the french quarter as well.. But the most important of everything for us was the very attentive and helpful staff, from front desk to travel agent to breakfast service.. We booked not only the hotel room, but also the whole Vietnam trip such as Sa Pa train tickets, Ha long Bay cruise tickets and the transfers etc from the hotel's travel agent, and we received a perfect service.. They did take care of every small detail during our transfers from place to place, kindly offered some free facilities in the hotel as per availability at that time.. When they handed over a small address card of the hotel to each one of us upon our arrival, I was sure they would really take care of us in case we had any problem in the city.. So we felt very much welcomed, secure and comfortable..

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family