Hanoi City Palace Hotel
Hanoi La Selva Hotel(Hanoi)
US$41
US$62
US$50
US$49
  • Breakfast included
Essence Hanoi Hotel & Spa(Hanoi)
US$74
US$40
US$39
US$72
1,254 results
All reviewshalong bayold quarterhang bong streetthe hotel stafffamily suitebreakfast staffhotel is centrally locateddeluxe roomphoairport transferinternetphamhearttoursmaplakechaos
Reviewed 28 December 2013

A great location at the heart of the Old Quarters with excellent access to shopping, restaurants and places of interest. The breakfast was fabulous -a la carte style from a menu with good choices including eggs, creeps, pancake, garlic bread, French toast, croissant, fruits, pho (Vietnamese noodles) freshly cooked, cereals, etc... The service was the best we have experienced in years of travel; the hotel manager went all the way out to make us feel comfortable and also to assist in requests. All the staff are very friendly and helpful, rendering service with a smile. Room accommodation is very clean and a laptop is even provided with Internet access. Overall it was an excellent experience.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank TKW1234
Reviewed 21 December 2013

The building look quite old and worn but the inside of the building is pretty nice and clean.
The room was quite big and there was a laptop in every room for the guest free usage. The wifi is also pretty good.
The breakfast was ala carte but eat all you can, which is better than normal buffet breakfast whereby the food was cold in the tray. The only issue was that when there was too many old, the waitresses might take the wrong order or forgot your orders.
The customer services of this hotel was excellence. All the staffs can speak some basic English and they tried their best to make you feel welcome.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 December 2013

Breakfasts are amazing. Staff are very helpful and speak good English. Great smoothie shop next door. Gave us a room to shower and freshen up in when we arrived at 5am in the morning. Gave us free water for the train trip.

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 17 December 2013

This hotel was a life savour to me, my partner, and friend after we had a horrible experience at another hotel. We walked in off the street with our suitcases and asked what the rates were for 1 night and could we see the rooms before checking in. The staff at the door were so friendly and calming after we told them of our previous hotel experince. I would definately recommed this hotel for anyone staying in Hanoi. When we checked in they gave us a welcome drink and a small briefing of the area with a map and recommended some sights and restaurants to go to. My partner and I even left our 2 phones and a camera in the safe in our room and only realised once we had checked into our next hotel in Hoi An. The staff at Hanoi City Palace Hotel were kind enough to collect our belongings and send them to our next hotel as we requested. Our belongings arrived 2 days later carefully wrapped and we were extremely grateful. If you want a lovely, clean hotel in a good location with amazingly helpful and friendly staff then stay at Hanoi City Palace Hotel!

Room Tip: The room I stayed in had a small outside courtyard off the bedroom which was nice to sit and have a coffee in the morning.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 December 2013

I stayed here November 20, 2013 and really loved the hotel. It was centrally located in the old quarter and very easy to get around.

Mr Phong Pham , the manager was so kind and so were all the people at the front desk. The staff was so helpful with directions and places to eat in town. They were also able to get my knit sweater fixed while I went to Halong Bay! They arranged my Halong bay tour as well and that was great!

The breakfast included in your room rate was delicious. It was served a la carte, so made to order and you could order as much as you want.

If possible, ask for a room at the front because they have small balconies and windows and much brighter. The other rooms tend to be a bit dark and slightly depressing.
I asked for a higher floor due to the noise on the street but truly you are so tired after touring the city that you hardly notice it. I am a light sleeper and had no issues falling and staying asleep.

I was scheduled to leave at 4:00 am to go to Phu Quoc and they staff was up and so helpful I getting me a cab and making sure to have the cabbie guide me at the airport.

The one suggestion I would make to the hotel is to invest in better towels, they are small and rough.
This is not a five star hotel so if you want that, this is not for you. This is a reasonably priced hotel with great service!

I thank Mr Phong Pham and his team on the great and kind service!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo