“Hanoi City Palace Hotel - an amazing first experience in Hanoi!”

Hanoi City Palace Hotel
Ranked #114 of 591 Hotels in Hanoi
Brisbane, Australia
“Hanoi City Palace Hotel - an amazing first experience in Hanoi!”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Mr Pham; the manager and all of the staff are absolutely amazing and fully understand how important service is with a friendly smile and laugh. Loved the location - we had a beautiful junior suite with balcony which was great to watch the traffic go by. Breakfast was simply wonderful with beautiful touches like fresh flowers and cut fruit on the table. Hotel offered pick up/drop off service from the hotel and arranged great tours for us (Hoa Lu/Tam Coc and Food on Foot Tour) and were always ready with a superb recommendation for dinner around town. My husband and I could not ask for a better first experience in Hanoi and we must say that we will be back!
A great big thank you to all of the Hanoi City Palace Hotel Staff!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Feathers2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We have just come back from Vietnam and had a great time. First time travellers to Vietnam. The location of the City palace is excellent...right in the middle of the old quarter. It is walking distance to everything....if you can negotiate the traffic. The staff at the hotel were excellent. We first stayed in a standard room which was fine. We only upgraded to the balcony room as we arrived back from Sapa at 6.00am and it was the only room ready. We are glad we did upgrade as it was bigger and we could watch the city go by. The Hotel was very clean...aircon fantastic and all staff extremely accommodating." Hoy" even took us up the street to get a sim card for our phone. "Junie" at reception could do no wrong....Palm, Luc and all the staff ...thank you for a great stay. We will definitely be back

Room Tip: Get a balcony room as it is much bigger
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank JMartin270
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Great location and staff who couldn't do enough to help...nothing was a problem for them...Location was great easy to get places and the included breakfast superb...definitely recommend as a place to stay in Hanoi!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 938Camille
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 23 May 2014

I liked very much to stay at this beautiful hotel. The staff is very friendly. The room was very clean. The bed was very confortable. The breakfast was very good. The location are perfect at the old city. They stored my baggage when I went to Halong Bay and Sapa. I am very happy to choice this fabulous hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Nicole M
Gold Coast, Australia
Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

The manager and senior staff need to understand how to respond to problems better.

I did not have internet working in my room and notified reception as soon as I got there. As most travellers these days rely on internet to connect with family and friends, this was important to me.
The reception man came to my room and used the in room computer to see what was wrong. I tried to tell him that the wifi was connecting but was not making a connection to the internet. He persisted and sat in my room and even on my bed for a good half an hour.
When he couldn't work it out, he said he would contact the manager. I suggested they move me to another room where it was working. He said that he would but nothing happened.
After 5 hours, and me calling reception again to find out what was happening, the manager came to my room and tried to see what was happening just as the previous person did: from the in room computer.
As he couldn't get it working...surprise, surprise, he was about to leave and I once again suggested they just move me to another room. At this stage I was getting pretty frustrated that they had not done anything and it was me who suggested the move, not them. I even suggested an upgraded room for the inconvenience caused. I got upgraded but still no wifi. I gave up and just went to reception where it was working when I needed to use the internet.

In short, they could have easily fixed the problem by moving me to a room where they knew it was working, and even upgrading me but they didn't until I suggested it.
It turned out to be an internet line down from the provider, nothing to do with their wifi, as I had been trying to explain to them right from the start.

This hotel staff need to know the simple things they can do to resolve problems...possibly a manager/staff change or training.

It's not "free wifi", it's just included in the price of the room.

Room was ok. Location was ok. Nothing special. Have a look around and make sure their internet is working if that is an important factor in your accommodation needs.

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Glenn P
PhongPham, Hotel Director at Hanoi City Palace Hotel, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear Glenn P

Thank you for sharing the experience of your recent stay and we regret that we have not been able to meet your expectations during your visit. This is certainly not the experience we want our beloved customer to have while staying at our hotel. Please rest assured that we have had a meeting to draw it as a precious lesson.

We would also like to take this chance to inform that we have successfully upgraded the ADSL internet by FTTH internet, so the connection is at the best stable and high speed

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience that you have been caused and thank you for your constructive feedback which remind us to investigate and take corrective action as appropriate.

Once again thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback and we look forward to welcome you all to our hotel!

Yours sincerely,
Phong Pham, Hotel Director
Perth Australia
Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

Thank you to all the staff at City Palace Hotel they made us very welcome and couldn't do enough for you. The Manager even took us down the street to get a sim card for our phone and organised our entry visa letter for us before we arrived. Beds were comfortable and they stored our luggage while we went to Halong Bay .

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank harro58
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I traveled with my husband, and we had been warmly welcomed, as the hotel staff politely served us drinks and had some talks after our long journey from Sapa. They – the staffs also carried our luggage to the rooms and didn’t forget to tell us the wifi password. We stayed there 2 nights and felt easy to sleep, everything was clean and breakfast was good. The hotel was conveniently located within Hanoi Old quarter, so we could easily discover a real Hanoi. We highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple