“Never mind the stars but best service ever”

Hanoi City Palace Hotel
Ranked #103 of 580 Hotels in Hanoi
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Never mind the stars but best service ever”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

I thought this was a 3 star hotel but read that it was just 2 star??? That is irrelevant now really. We stayed in this hotel and I am very particular where cleanliness and service is concerned and this hotel has it all. The rooms are comfortable and clean. The staff are so well mannered that they would greet and walked with us the minute we step foot into the hotel to the lift. Breakfast is made to order with a lot of variety. It is truly a great hotel to stay. 7 star service !

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank travellingbeebee

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

This is a two star hotel, but it is definitely of a very high standard. The staff here are amazing and the air conditioning is top notch, which is very important for this very humid city. The hotel is in a great location and within walking distance of most sights. The breakfast in the hotel is not the worst, make sure your egg is cooked through, but the room service is delicious. The hotel allows you to leave luggage when you go on an overnight tour and offers a shower and towel on return. I stayed here three times and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Shionnach
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Great location, very clean and very good service.
Breakfast was fabulous, fresh fruit, omelettes, croissants etc - cooked to order daily.
Rooms are simple, linen good quality, pillows lovely and most of all rooms are clean and fresh. Most rooms are located at the rear of the building, these rooms are super quiet.
The service is brilliant, all staff members went out of their way to assist - recommend this small hotel to anyone. Will certainly stay here again next time!

Room Tip: Rooms to the rear of the building are quiet, away from the street noise.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank SBall1555
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 29 June 2014

The room that I stayed at this hotel is one of the best that I have stayed in all my holidays. The beds were comfortable and the housekeepers were incredibly efficient. The menu for breakfast was extensive with a good mix of western and local dishes. I would strongly recommend guests to try their fried noodles. It was very well cooked with lots of vegetables. The staff are all extremely friendly and honest as I had checked out of my room to go for a Halong Bay cruise and had left my gold chain on the bed. The staff made the effort to call my tour guide to inform me that they had found my gold chain and will keep it for me until I return to Hanoi. such honesty is truly commendable.
Location wise, the hotel is right at the heart of Hanoi which makes it easy for visitors to move and take in the various attractions that are spread out all over the city.
The only sore point about staying in this hotel is the rare occurrence of black outs which can be quite irritating. I hope they fix this problem as this hotel has lots of potential to be among the best in Hanoi.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank DrogbaJR
Coolangatta, Australia
Reviewed 29 June 2014

My wife and 3 kids (9,7 &4) initially stayed at the Hanoi City Palace after the hotel we had booked needed some renovations. We ended up there for 7 days and had a great stay. Unfortunately after a couple of days, my wife got rushed to hospital requiring emergency surgery (nothing to do with hotel or Vietnam, was gall stones and a gall bladder which had started to rupture). The hotel sent one of their staff with us to the hospital and he stayed there for several hours helping with our kids and with translations. Over the next few days the hotel staff went out of their way to help us in every way. The staff were very kind and friendly with our kids, playing with them whenever we passed through reception. They also were very helpful organising taxis and showing us good places to eat etc...The manager (I think his name is Mr Phong) was very nice and visited my wife in hospital and gave her a big bunch of flowers. He also gave my 4 year old son a toy to play with, as most of our time was up at the hospital. He was a very good and thoughtful manager, and all of his staff were caring and enthusiastic. The restaurant served really good breakfasts, all the rooms were nice and modern and well serviced. I would recommend this hotel to anyone with confidence that they would have a wonderful stay!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Jason T
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I stayed at the Hanoi City Palace hotel for two weeks to use it as a base to visit Hanoi and other sites in Northern Vietnam.
Hanoi City Palace is centrally located at 106 Hang Bong in the old quarter, staff were all excellent with Phong the manager extremely helpful with side trip bookings at the best prices. A full multi-course breakfast is included in the tariff and is more than enough to keep you going for most of the day, complimentary water and fruit are provided in the rooms daily.
Rooms are individually air conditioned, they were cleaned daily with fresh towels provided.
The personalised service provided by all staff make this an outstanding place to stay. I would completely recommend the Hanoi City Palace to anyone wanting to stay in Hanoi for a visit.

Room Tip: The recommendation for all hotels in Hanoi is to ask for a room with an external window.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank RJKTravel53100
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I have traveled a lot in the past 3 years and without a doubt the service I received at Hanoi City Palace Hotel was the best I've ever received. The hotel is in a good location, is very comfortable and clean. The breakfast is great with an extensive range of freshly cooked food which is cooked in front of you. Its a perfect start to the day.

But the best thing about this hotel is the service. All the staff from the porters to the manager are a pleasure to deal with. I've never experienced this kind of service before. The staff and especially the manager Mr. Pham made me feel so comfortable and welcome, it was like being at home. I promise that you will receive 5* service at this hotel. I loved the fact that the manager and staff escorted me to my waiting taxi when I was leaving to see me off and thank me with a genuine smile. That's another thing about Mr Pham, he is so genuine, Its obvious he really cares his customers have a great experience at his hotel.

The hotel is centrally located in the old town, within walking distance to many attractions and restaurants. The staff can arrange all tours and onward travel for you including trips to Halong Bay and Sapa.

So in summary, this is one of the best hotels I've ever stayed in and definitely has the best service I've ever experienced. I look forward to returning here someday and would recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: Some rooms have internal windows which can be a good thing as they are quite. But if you prefer natu...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo