“Fabulous Service”

Ranked #111 of 588 Hotels in Hanoi
Bellingham, WA
“Fabulous Service”
Reviewed 2 September 2009

This was a great hotel. Outstanding value. Very clean, comfortable, great breakfast, quiet, not quite as a good a location as Elegance 1 and 2, but a lot quieter, Very atmospheric location in the Old City. What really made it, though was the service. It was the best service if any hotel we have ever stayed at, anywhere in the world! We were treated like VIPs. When we'd travel and come back from elsewhere in the country , it felt like coming home. We miss it. The staff manages to be extremely welcoming and friendly, and extremely professional-a hard balance. They went out of their way for us so many time; we lost count. Do yourself a favor and stay there.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled on business
5 Thank Larry21

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Nieuwegein, The Netherlands
Reviewed 31 August 2009

if you read the previous reviews basically everything has been said : the hotel and especially its staff are a true paradise in the crowded and busy district of old Hanoi !

Thanks to mrs. Thao and all her colleagues we had a great stay in Hanoi. The hotel is centrally located and if you choose eg. room 402 you have a very quiet room (but without a view). Rooms have everything you need (and even more). We asked in advance for a baby-cot and also were provided with a small baby-bath. Breakfast (between 06.30 and 10.00) is super (and can be delivered to your room for free) ; you may chose (several tasteful items) from ca. 8 different menus while sitting in a cosy part of the hotel. Staff is very attentive and remembers your preferences, without being pushy or cheesy.

Examples of staff-dedication to the limits ?
1) Eg. our little daughter had her first birthday during our stay and the evening before she received two big balloons from the staff.
We were picked up by the hotel-taxi (showing the signboard with my name) from the airport and arrived in the hotel as early as 10 am. and fortunately were already allowed to move into our room.
2) While working on the computer in the breakfast-room, the staff immediately came to offer me a cool glass of water.
3) On Sunday I wanted to visit Halong Bay and arranged the tour through the hotel; 30 USD per person for a one day trip (from 8 am. to 8 pm.; but if you have time : stay overnight !) with a small group of 10 : an absolute must and soon to be chosen as one of the seven Natural Wonders of the World !). However, I also wanted to see the Ho Chi Min mausoleum (which opens at 07.30 and closes at 10.30 am) before departing to Halong Bay, which would normally be impossible. Nevertheless, hotel-staff arranged with the tour-company that I was the last to be picked up from the hotel.
4) During our visit to the neighbouring night-market (only on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays, from 18.00 - 24.00 hrs) my wallet was stolen (a stupid unattentative provocation from my side to leave it in one of my pockets ....; be careful at such very crowded places !) and the next morning mrs. Thao accompanied me to the police-station (3 times) and arranged a police-declaration (not that easy, as the police don't like to see their crime-statistics turn more negative ...).

Leaving the hotel (by hotel airport taxi; 16 USD; not a bargain but without hassle) gave a sad feeling : after only two nights in the hotel we felt like at home .....

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
5 Thank MichaelNieuwegein
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 22 August 2009

During my last trip to Hanoi, I decided to book this hotel because of so many good comments about the place. Because I normally traveling on business, I chose to stay in a more expensive hotel, but I was wrong all along. Hanoi Elegance 3 answers all my needs much better than 4 or 5 star hotels!

I requested an airport pick up from the hotel, which costs a little bit more than normal taxi fare, but much better than being asked questions and being suggested service that I don't need along the way. The hotel check-in was smooth and the hotel arranged the room for me earlier than normal check-in time.

The room is basic, with an ok bed, powerful hot shower, cable TV (that I never watched), and free internet connection in the room. The hotel actually provided desktop computer in room, but I mentioned that I'd like to use my own laptop. The hotel manager immediately asked the staff to remove the desktop so I could have more space to work on my laptop.

The staff are so friendly and trying hard to meet every request efficiently. the level of English is very good. They were so attentive that they remembered where I normally took taxi to every morning, and that I prefer my drinks with ice. If I requested for something twice, they'd provide it for me without having to ask again. The staff both morning and evening shift, recognized me by the face and provided me with the key without asking for the room number.

This is a 5 star service that even a certain 5 star hotel in Hanoi cannot provide. Next time I'm in town, I'll definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business
4 Thank breakofdawning
HCMC
Reviewed 17 August 2009

Quiet and clean, a rare find in itself for a hotel located in the Old Quarter.

Staff very professional and helpful, fluent in English.After we checked out, we were in the Hanoi train station trying to get onto our train bound for Sapa. It was chaos in the the train station and I called the hotel for help as the counter staff did not speak much English. The Hanoi Elegance 3 staff turned up at the train station within minutes after my call to help us get onto our train.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with friends
2 Thank Cloudlife
Cornwall
Reviewed 16 August 2009

Stayed 4 nights in this delightful hotel. We arrived in the morning after breakfast. Realising we had not eaten that morning, they insisted on serving us breakfast. Nothing was too much trouble and the staff went the extra mile. Rooms were large and cleaned thoroughly each day. There was a good choice of breakfast and fresh fruit in our room each day. Free internet service was a real bonus. Thank you Nam Elegance for looking after us so well!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
4 Thank MaryCornwall
norwich
Reviewed 11 August 2009

As soon as we arrived at the elegance 3 we were welcomed by the friendly staff and calm atmosphere. It is our frist visit to Vietnam and this hotel made everything so easy for us; booking our water puppet theatre trip, halong bay tour and flights to Hue. The staff went out of their way to be helpful wherever possible.
The room was clean and spacious and very quiet.
The hotel is located a short walk from the Lake and also some good places to eat.
This hotel and our experiences in Hanoi marked the start of what has been an amazing honeymoon!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
4 Thank winks76
Shepperton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 August 2009

Our 9 night stay at HE3 was everything and more than the glowing reviews on Tripadvisor.
The staff felt like friends, the room felt like home with tea and coffee making facilities, TV and internet. Breakfast was excellent (personally would have liked muesli as an option). Nothing was too much trouble. When I became unwell they arranged an appointment at Family Medical Centre staffed by international doctors, well done!

Rarely have I met such a team of people working together with such a common aim- the guests satisfaction. We return at the end of August for a few days and can't wait to be at a true home from home!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple