“AMAZING!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #88 of 578 Hotels in Hanoi
wishing I was elsewhere
“AMAZING!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2010

Without a doubt the best hotel I have ever stayed in! The staff are very nice and willing to help with everything, the location is great, the rooms are great, the food is great, I really cant fault it in any way! If I come back to Hanoi this is where I will be staying and I'll make sure my friends and family do the same.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank britt88

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Galway, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2010

We started our trip in Vietnam with Hanoi. We were collected at the airport by the hotel. The transfer from the airport to the hotel was hassle free and very comfortable.
When we arrived to the hotel we were warmly welcomed, given welcome drinks and a map and brief info on the area.

The room was very very nice. Simple but very comfortable, clean and very nice looking. We were given fresh fruit and free bottled water daily. We also had a mini bar, and our own computer with free internet in our room! There also is an ATM at the hotel door which is very useful.

The breakfast was also quite nice. It had both international and Vietnamese options. The pancakes with chocolate are very nice!! Breakfast was included in the price.

The best service I experience here was when a tour to Halong Bay, which I booked personally, was cancelled. The staff were so great in helping us rearranging our plans, even though we had not booked the tour with them. The service in this hotel really was just outstanding.

The hotel was in a brilliant location, very very central in the old quarter.

Overall fantastic service, lovely rooms, good rooms and all for a very very good price. Would recommend to all!

• Stayed August 2010
2 Thank LorF
Cecina, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2010

I have really to thank tripadvisor to let me know this great hotel!!!! We stayed there for almost ten days. The buiding is new and very nice, very very clean and full of fresh flowers, in the middle of old quarter...as soon as we arrive in the room they brouht to us a cake , a bottle of wine and a bounch of flowers because we were in honey moon!! The best thing was the hotel staff....they worked for us as a travel agency : they organized for us a the Halong Bay trip ( paradise cruise...really a paradise!!!) and the sapa tour, bringing us to the tran station and picking us up at the retourn...we did not see other tourists having the same treatment by their hotel!!!! They even booked for us the hotel in Hoi an...the best Hotel we could find...a resort with swimming pool and big grarden..I really really reccomend you the Hanoi Elegance Sapphire!! It is the best hotel we stayed in 30 days trip in vietnam and cambogia!!!!!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank martapierpa
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2010

A small group of us landed in Hanoi not really knowing what to expect from this Hotel. Having driven from the airport into the old quarter and witnessed through the taxi window the crazy but beautiful chaos that is Hanoi I feared the worst. Not being hardcore backpackers we do enjoy clean sheets, a soft bed and a semi quiet location. Fortunately this Hotel provided all three and more. It rightfully earns the name elegance, with its marble pillars and chandeliers in the typically narrow reception area. Once you step through the doors you are in another world from the crazy hustle and bustle outside.
The staff are extremely eager to please and are helpful to a fault. The rooms are modern, very clean, quiet and comfortable. Ours even had a bathroom suite fir for a Queen. With a wall mounted TV and free internet I dont think we couldve asked for more. The breakfast was up to standard too.
We were made so welcome here that we took rooms twice more for showers and a quick nap each time we returned from 3 day excursions to Halong Bay and Sapa.
We all agreed that this Hotel deserved a mention on here.
Mark Forrester. Birmingham , England

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank MarkForrester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2010

I've been on the road for 7 weeks, and this was the best hotel I've seen so far. It was truly such a marvelous experience staying there. When I first checked in, the concierge offered me a seat and a nice refreshing beverage. The next morning, the hotel's free breakfast was very tasty and delicious. The entire time I was there, the staff was amazingly friendly and helpful. I spent 2 hours one morning speaking with Thu (Autumn) and Chang (Sunny) at the travel desk about life in Vietnam, and it was a true pleasure learning from them and becomming friends with them. When I stayed at the Hanoi Saphire, I felt more like part of the family, rather than a tourist guest.

The location was great - it was right in the center of town.

One problem I've had with other hotels is the inability to trust their recommendations for food and activities (e.g., some are paid to recommend certain places), but here you can trust what Thu and Chang tell you. They sent me to a wide variety of excellent places - from a hole-in-the-wall bun cha & nem restaurant to a top rated place for my friend's birthday dinner (not to mention that they all celebrated with us at breakfast by playing birthday music all meal long for him).

Definitely stay here...and make an effort to know the staff!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends
2 Thank sunny108
South Yorkshire, England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2010

The location of this hotel is fantastic - being in the Old Quarter of Hanoi. The staff's English is excellent and they are friendly, always ready to help. The rooms were clean, comfortable and roomy. Excellent value for money. There are plenty of good places to eat nearby.

Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LLKTL
Antalya, Turkey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2010

It may not be the largest hotel, but for service, cleanliness, pleasantness/helpfulness of the staff and general ambiance it is amongst the world's finest . Whoever manages and selects the staff at this hotel should be running a hospitality training academy, they have got it right. Needless to say out next stop, at the "Asian Airport Hotel of the Year" at KL Airport a bit of a disappointment. I thoroughly recommend the Hanoi Elegance Sapphire, the location is good as well.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple