“great location, nice rooms, no lift” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Prince Hanoi Hotel

Prince Hanoi Hotel
Ranked #321 of 578 Hotels in Hanoi
United Kingdom
“great location, nice rooms, no lift”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2012

Check in quick and easy - told on 5th floor but NO LIFT!!! Room quite big and had on PC with internet. Bathroom small but functional. Fairly clean and tidy. Staff helpful most of time (was one rude woman though). No restaurant - breakfast served at communal table next to check in. Not good breakfast - seek elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank katie2686

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2012

Stayed there for a night last Aug 17-18. The hotel staff is very courteous and accommodating and able to provide even personal needs at no cost. The hotel is also cheap compared to the one I was booked 2 years back but the ameneties of Prince Hotel is much better. I would definitely would choose and recommend this hotel to my relatives and friends.

• Stayed August 2012
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2012

I stayed here for 2 non consecutive nights in Mar12 after reading some good reviews on trip advisor and I wasn't disappointed. The staff responded very quickly to my emails regarding booking the room and were fine with me checking in gone midnight due to late flights.

Both rooms I stayed in were very spacious, had a safe and a PC, also free wifi, and were clean so no problems there either. Location is really good in the heart of the old quarter. Overal, very good value for money and I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
Tel Aviv, Israel
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2012

I booked early based on travelers recommendation.

Pros:
- The location is within the old quarter, 7 minutes walk from the lake.
- room was spacious, equipped with PC, WiFi, air condition, and a safe (though they didn't have the key for the safe).
- Prior to booking, we exchanged emails and they were VERY responsive, answering all my detailed questions about tour options.
- The same owner seems to run the AST travel company (http://asttravelvietnam.com/Home/). I booked some tours in advance and they offered discounted price (lower than the advertised price on AST).
- Breakfast is quite modest, but fine (egg, bread, fruit, coffee).
- Service was excellent and friendly
- They allowed me early check-in (even when I arrived at 6 AM) at no extra charge
- free storage for the luggage while I took an overnight tour out of Hanoi
- decent exchange rate when changing USD to VND.

Cons:
- I did need to ask them to change the blanket cover, because it was stained with someone's blood.
- I did notice two little ants on my bed (but I guess that can happen anywhere)
- When paying by credit card they asked for additional 4%, which they did not mention when we exchanged emails.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank elodTlv
Zurich
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2011

We have stayed both in Prince I and II. Bothe hotels heve very friendly staff (english speaking) and are situated in the city center (bothe in the same road). I liked Prince II better as there are computers in every room and it's a lot cleaner. I'd recommend both hotels though (Prince II is a little bit more expensive)

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tanja_87_10
Karmiel, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2011

One of the nicest hotels we stayed in in Vietnam. Great value! We booked a superior room. It was large, clean, very nice. Has everyting you need , including Wi-Fi and a computer. Friendly staff. Left our luggage there when we travelled to SaPa. Allowed us to check in very early when we were back from SaPa. Cheap laundry services. Great location. Breakfast a little limited but got the same selection in more pricy hotels in Vietnam.

Room Tip: We always book a good room at a cheap hotel and not a cheap room at a pricy hotel
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Rosa A
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2011

We used this hotel as a rest day between 2 train journeys so we arrived 5am and left at 8pm. We paid $30 but really thought the room was great. We understood that they had to charge us the full rate.

It was on the 6th level (maybe 7th) I think on the street side. Not sure what the class of room was but we felt really comfortable here. Bed was really comfy. Everything clean. Nice wooden flooring. Good bathroom.

It was luck that brought us to this hotel. We arrived in Hanoi at 4am not knowing what we were doing. We were not feeling great so wanted a room to rest. A man at the station showed us a picture of "his" hotel and put us in a taxi, telling the cab driver to take us there for 50k VND.

We arrived at the hotel and it was all shutup. The owner comes down and says they are full. A little "discussion" ensued between me, the taxi driver and the hotel owner while Jen was dying quietly in the gutter. Anyway it ended with me eventually paying the taxi driver, him swearing (although I didn't understand what he was saying, I'm pretty sure 75% of the words were not nice ones), the hotel owner scrunching up the map we had and throwing it on ground with much dark fervor. Short of it was we were standing alone at 430am - Jenny almost dying - darkness - in a city we'd never been to and having no idea where we were. Goooood morning Hanoooi.

We then proceeded to knock on garage like doors until we found the Prince hotel 20 minutes later. They take being woken up pretty well I must say.

Breakfast - the singing chef. Was simple was fresh and tasty.

Computer in the room - very helpful.

Anyway, it may be the "prince in shining armor coming to rescue us from our darkest moments" veil that puts this hotel in a very good light for us but we're very happy to give it 4 stars.

It's seems a bit Jekyll and Hyde though from some of the other reports. Maybe they are working their way down the building with renos? Maybe you need to request a new room? Ours was 601 (I think)

Location is another plus. Pretty close to the crazy tai chi lake

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple