“I love this place, great and wonderful overall...”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
the wine lounge and tree house window
tree house fully furnished with mini fridge, stereo system, tv, wine lounge and more
Heavenly Tree House - The one and only tree house in Hanoi Vietnam
built securely on two giant oak trees in an artist house
view from below the tree house
tree house facade
sun deck adjunct with the tree house
sun roof - beautiful garden view
sun deck fully furnished
sun roof comes with benches for guests to sit and chill out
tree house comes with its own ensuit toilette
main building front entrance
beautiful garden view
sun lounge with shisha table
common area, fireplace lounge
tea lounge with antiques and paintings
fireplace
cosy fireplace
tea lounge
beautiful artist gallery
our lovely guests
guests joined us for delicious homemade meals
guests jointed us for family dinner
garden tikki bar
garden sculptures lighted up at night
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

traveling...
Montreal, Canada
“Disappointment”
Reviewed 29 August 2016 for a stay in August 2016
people found this review helpful

I was really excited about booking this place on a third party website the moment I saw it. I immediately made my booking for my first night after reading up on some decent reviews on tripadvisor and others.

Arriving there was a different story. The room I was led to was the clay (clay I believe?) treehouse with no window (the clay treehouse and other hours can also be found on tripadvisor).

The owner said the ad was posted by her daughter (who's based in another country) and that he had no clue what was put on the websites. He tried calling the daughter to no avail. I told him that none of the other rooms cost nearly USD100/night so while "clay house" was fine in its own right, it was just not what I had anticipated and paid for. He insisted that all the other rooms costs USD100/night so it would have been the same regardless where we stayed.

Finally I had to reach the third-party website where I made the booking from, provided them with the evidence and only then did we all come to terms for a refund, which then saw us then booking with another hotel.

When making the booking, I knew the place would be far from major attractions and that I would need to cab in and out to/from of the place, I knew it cost more than a whole lot of other options I could choose from at the Old Quarter. I chose it, knowing it would be far and pricier because of what was advertised.

To be fair, I am not saying the clay house was bad but that simply was not what I was expecting from the pictures or what I paid for. It certainly was not something I expected to deal with after the flight on my first day arriving in Hanoi.

I tried reaching out via Facebook to the treehouse before arrival for specific direction and a few other questions but received no response so it's not like I could have asked for any clarification. I am sure (as I read) some other had had better experience than I. I simply did not.

If you're booking here, good luck!

Bedding & mattresses Service
Liked best: The deceiving pictures
Liked least: The reality
Travelling group: Other
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
10 Nov 2016
Thank you for your great comment. We are trying to make it better and better to make more satisfied for the guests. Hoping to see you next time soon. Wish all the best to you
taiyorkey
Hong Kong, China
“I love this place, great and wonderful overall stay”
Reviewed 9 June 2016 for a stay in June 2016

Our stay in the tree house was wonderful and unique. You likely will not find a more interesting way to experience Hanoi. Jenny was excellent with communication leading up to our arrival. Dao Anh Khan was great when we arrived, welcoming us with beer and treats. Ming was the real star though, providing us breakfast each day and ensuring that our entire stay was what we were expecting. Highly recommended.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: house on tree
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 25-34
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Jacelyn C
Singapore, Singapore
“Super unique Tree House near Hanoi! Lovely host and delish food!”
Reviewed 14 April 2016 for a stay in December 2015

The hospitality from Khanh and Minh was absolutely fantastic. The experience of living up in the Sky tree house in the aura of nature and art was super unique. It's also interesting to learn about the Vietnamese history of communism from an artist's perspective.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Oren G
Siem Reap, Cambodia
“Magical Tree House, Amazing Host, Best Vietnamese food. 5 Star Experience!”
Reviewed 29 March 2016 for a stay in March 2016

Staying in Khanh's treehouse was the highlight of my husband's and my visit to Hanoi. It was absolutely beautifully designed and gave off a magical and tranquil vibe. As a host, Khanh is very warm and helped us to feel at home :) And the dinner provided by him and Ming was delicious and so generous! Thank you, Khanh.

Alex C
San Jose, California
“An unforgettable adventure at the most beautiful studio in Hanoi”
Reviewed 30 January 2016 for a stay in January 2016

We had a fantastic stay in this heavenly treehouse. It is located a few miles outside the city center, but easily reachable by taxi. The hosts were always helpful, providing us with traditional Vietnamese breakfast and tips on where to go in the city. Anh is truely one of a kind and full of interesting stories. The treehouse houses two persons easily. It is well equipped with electricity and air conditioning.

Floy D
New York City, New York
“Awesome, beautiful heavenly tree house - a traveller dream comes true”
Reviewed 28 January 2016 for a stay in January 2016

The Sky Treehouse and Anh were amazing! Anh is such an interesting person (former police officer turned contemporary artist) and made us feel immediately welcome. Her personally picked us up from where our last tour ended and when we arrived offered us beers and food on arrival. He spent a few hours with us sharing stories from his very interesting past and then shared a meal with us made by his amazing house keeper. When we were looking for things to do in Hanoi he gave great recommendations and helped us get taxi's to and from. The treehouse itself was very comfortable and it was so cool to sleep in a jungle in the middle of the city. An amazing experience that I would 100% recommend to anyone!

People with pets

Nigel G
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Incredibly Amazing and Unique Arts Studio in Hanoi”
Reviewed 26 January 2016 for a stay in January 2016

This is an incredibly inspiring place for an open, creative mind! The hospitality is way above average, everything I needed was taken care of right away. I really enjoyed every second of my stay and I can highly recommend it, if you are looking for a unique, one-of-a-kind experience that will touch your mind and your heart.

Travelling group: Extended Family
Families with young children

Jenny Dao
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing