“Serviceable hotel with good location”

Paradise Hotel Hanoi
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hanoi
Paradise Hotel Hanoi
Ranked #181 of 591 Hotels in Hanoi
Tokyo, Japan
“Serviceable hotel with good location”
Reviewed 7 May 2010

I was directed to this hotel when my first choice was full.

The rooms are fine. The A/C sometimes stopped for unknown reasons but only when the rooms were cool. Free wifi was available but sometimes rather slow. The shower in my room was located so that it was hard to avoid it wetting the bathroom floor. The hot water also ran out during my first shower so from then on I conserved my hot water. Contrary to another review, there is an elevator in this hotel.

One negative was the phone charges. They first wanted to charge me VND 140,000 for a few local cellphone calls. After I questioned it, they mysteriously managed to come up with a lower charge, about half as much. Since it wasn't much money, I paid. Here I believe I was overcharged.

The breakfast was good. The service was very attentive overall with a number of hotel staff eager to offer good service. But USD 40 may be a tad overpriced for this level in Hanoi. The hotel is located on Hang Bac which is in the middle of the Old Quarter. It is very convenient for late night eating for example.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Thai first
Tipperary Ireland
Reviewed 27 July 2009

My husband and I stayed here after having read other reviews and were also attracted by the the free car service from the airport. The hotel was clean, the room was spacious, towels and linen were perfect and the computer in the room was an absolute luxury as we dont generally travel with a laptop. We had a room with an indoor window, it looked down on the reception which was great because Hanoi is a noisy place!! The breakfast wasnt anything special but at least the dont charge you extra for extra fruit or yoghurt. The staff were ok, friendly and helpful but not overly so. I would stay there again as the standard is good but I just feel that at $60 a night it is overpriced when we were able to compare with prices further down south.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
Australia
Reviewed 25 February 2009

We booked this hotel in advance via the internet. Initially seemed good - we were picked up from airport as arranged. However, on arrival were told that there was a problem with our booking (which was for four nights) and that we could only stay that night, then would have to move to another hotel for two nights, and then come back for one night. As we were travelling on business, this was extremely inconvenient (as it also would have been if you were on a holiday!).

We were reassured that the new hotel we would be checked into would be of the same quality or higher (Paradise Hotel already had our money for four nights via the website we had booked through). On first glance the new hotel did appear to be similar - in fact it is not at all, and is very poorly set up for business travellers. However we were told there weren't other options, and to take it or leave it (which would have involved leaving our pre payment as well!).

Staff initially apologetic, and then just difficult. Would probably be fine for walk up travellers, but don't pay money in advance through any of the internet booking systems

• Stayed February 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank Frustrated_in_Hanoi
sydney
Reviewed 30 January 2009

nice clean room, in a great location, but the owner and staff are extremely pushy and try and hook you up with every tour, special etc etc that there is going. gets to the point where you run through the foyer.

• Liked — quiet
  • Disliked — staff
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled as a couple
Upminster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 September 2008

My wife and I arrived late in the evening, tired after a long journey. Got an upgrade to a family room, and the receptionist, a charming young lady sent out one of her lads to get dinner for us. This hotel is well placed for visiting all the attractions of the city on foot if you've got the energy. It is in a very vibrant and noisy part of the city but the hotel is quiet and the rooms are very comfortable. We had a 3 night stay and after 2 nights they asked us to move to a standard room because they had a family arriving. They had all been such friendly and helpful people we were very pleased to agree with this request. We packed our bags and went out for the day, when we got back everything had been moved to our new and equally comfortable room. We couldn't fault this place, it offered good value for money, the free breakfast was as good as you'll get in this city and the staff are really lovely people. We'd like to call again. Best wishes to all the staff.

• Liked — The friendly staff
  • Disliked — No restaurant
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled as a couple
Ireland
Reviewed 27 July 2008

After arriving off a long train journey from Sapa we were greeted by the lovely staff of this hotel. On first viewing the hotel was more than adequate and the staff offered us facilities to shower etc. We originally booked this hotel for 3 nights but due to commitments elsewhere we could only stay 1 night. We informed the staff of this and were told no problem. After a while the staff informed us that there is a hotel condition that they must recieve 2 days notice for cancellations and told me I had to pay for the 2nd night even though i would not be there. The receptionist produced this piece of paper from the manager stating the conditions but it was not from the offical hotel website and from another website therefore he had no comeback with me. After being put out by this,by me being right and him in the wrong I then went later on to pay my bill due to early check out the following morning only to find that 2 calls to Ireland cost 48 USD!! This hotel is a total rip off, the breakfast is not good, and you will defintitly find better for cheaper in better locations. It looks a great hotel and bargain - my advice forget it..

• Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lmred
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 27 May 2008

Booked at the Hanoi Paradise for 2 nights in May 2008 thru Whotif.com
The Air Conditioned room was big with a Queen Bed and a Single Bed.
The room price included a PC with free internet that really worked.
The hotel has recently been renovated and is great for the price.
The staff were helpful with good English .
The indoor pool was great especially after a hot day walking the Old Quarter.
I have heard some horror stories with hotels in the Old Quarter , thankfully this was not one of them.
The reception kindly looked after my bags whilst on a One night cruise on Halong Bay .
Close to the hotel you have numerous restaurants , travel agencies and shops.
I will be returning to Hanoi in July 08 and will be staying at the Hanoi Paridise Hotel on Hang Chieu Street.

• Liked — Quality of the rooms.
  • Disliked — Vietnamese Breakfast
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled solo