“Great location if you are heading to Airport at early morning”
Review of PARKROYAL Saigon

PARKROYAL Saigon
Ranked #43 of 466 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I have stayed at Park Royal Hotel several times at other country, however, this time, I checked in to this hotel because the hotel I stayed in HCMC town District 1 is chaotic. I stayed here because of the safety as it is very near to airport.

To my surprise, the room quality was very good, and it was well thought, even the travellers adapter was prepared. Room was spacious, bathtub overseeing the bed, and it was luxurious.

I had a best sleep in the hotel, until when around 7:55am, I was waked up by the terrific shake and noise, they are doing kitchen renovation at 7:55am. I then contacted the front desk, telling them it was not acceptable at a 5 star hotel, and the renovation work starts at not even 8am. I was comforted that it will stop in 15 minutes, and it had really stopped after 15 minutes. but not for long, the work resumed, and it was really terrible as I am staying at 3rd floor, I get up and go for my breakfast.

I then noticed that a paper was left at the table, informing customer that the renovation work from 9am to 11am, followed by noon session, but it was totally not acceptable, 9am in a 5 star hotel, renovation?

The breakfast selection was good, with all the continent food across asia, it was great in fact. When i prepared to take my breakfast, I discovered that there is a hair at my fork. I politely asked the staff to replace one for me, and it was replaced, maybe due to the language barrier, they do not know how to apologise.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
graceagatep, Director of Sales and Marketing at PARKROYAL Saigon, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking time to share your experiences during your stay with us. We are glad that you liked our room and the comfort that served your satisfaction beyond your expectations. Our clubrooms are truly luxurious and very much preferred by our discerning guests.

It was just so unfortunate that your sound sleep was disturbed by the renovation noise and we apologize for the inconvenience it caused you. Noise has now diminished to very tolerable level as the hacking is over and the project will be completed in about two weeks.

Hope to be of service to you again on your visit.

Best regards,

Reviewed 20 May 2014

I stayed at this hotel during my recent trip to Vietnam for 8 days. This hotel was suggested by my local partner due to its proximity to the airport and their office. I was greeted warmly upon arrival by the reception staff. The check in was very fast, smooth and efficient and I was upgraded to the Orchid club room. The hotel's wifi in the lobby is very good and they have both cable/wifi in the room. The breakfast spread was decent and the staff there were very friendly. Being a vegetarian I could manage decent food from the menu. The swimming pool looked good enough for a relaxing dip but I never got a chance to use it. The gym was well equipped.

This hotel is conveniently located just 5 minutes from the airport and 5-10 minutes from the District 1; which is a tourist area. Worth recommending!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

It gives us much delight reading your very nice comments about your experiences staying in our hotel. Our people always ensure that our guests are welcomed with sincere hospitality and very well taken care of at all times.

Apart from the great facilities, the ambience of the hotel is so relaxing that made your stay so wonderful. Thank you and we look forward to your next visit.

Best regards,

Reviewed 17 May 2014

I have stayed at the Park Royal several times, the last time being in Jan 2014. The hotel is very close to the airport and usually less than 10 minutes by taxi.

The rooms are well sized and clean. Breakfast is ok but quite expensive. There are a couple of noodle places within a short walk, but not a lot to see or do in the immediate vicinity.

I like the atmosphere of the lobby but the noise can be a little loud if you are staying on the first few floors. I prefer to stay on the upper floors on the side away from the street.

My main gripe over the course of my stays is the gym: it does not always open at the advertised time and it is quite small.

I stayed at the hotel on business.

Room Tip: Stay on the higher floors to avoid any noise from the lobby.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We chose to stay here for 3 nights as we are GHA members. Unfortunately our stay did not meet our expectations for a hotel of this class. The standard of English at reception was poor and the staff not overly friendly. We were given our upgraded room and were advised we had access to the Club lounge as well. Our first evening was fine, even though one poured one's own drinks and the canapés on offer were average to say the least and rather stale.
Alhough the hotel had been given several months notice of my dietary requirements, and a follow up email, I was not provided with any gluten free breads etc for breakfast, and was told to 'eat the fried rice' as the chef would not make rice flour pancakes for me. The 2nd night we were told we could not access the club lounge, and our room access card no longer worked in the lift. This led to a confrontation with the duty manager, and we then had our privileges re- instated. Upsetting and unnecessary. I was then provided with GF pancakes the following morning. The A/C in our room was fine, but inadequate throughout the rest of the hotel's open areas. If the hotel wants to maintain it's advertised standards, management needs to pick up their act. We were rather disappointed with the hotel in general.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 May 2014

This property is unbelievably close to the airport. While not close enough to be linked by a bridge or walkway, it is less than 5 minutes away from the airport by car. Proximity to the airport is the biggest thing that the Parkroyal Saigon has going for it, other than that it is a standard business hotel with rooms that look like they have been updated at some point over the past 5-10 years but otherwise barely hides its age. Great place to stay if - like me - you arriving in SGN late at night and need to leave early the next morning.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LuxeTravelerHK
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I stayed here in April 2014, between a city tour and a flight home the next day. In Europe the same hotel would cost 5-10 times as much, and the staff were very helpful (and with good English skills).

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
graceagatep, Director of Sales and Marketing at PARKROYAL Saigon, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the perfect rating and we are so proud being of service to you. Our great facilities and uncompromised services as well as our great hotel associates are what make our guests keep coming back to us.

We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

I stayed here with my partner for 3 nights in March as part of a longer trip around Vietnam and Cambodia. This hotel was the perfect choice for us as it is very close to the airport (5 mins drive) so if you are travelling around and want to minimise any transfers as far as possible then it is ideal.

It is on a main road but our room overlooked the pool in the centre of the hotel so we did not experience any noise. Regular shuttle to centre of Saigon provided by the hotel and taxis very cheap. It takes around 15 minutes to drive in to the centre.

Hotel rooms were very good, modermn and spotlessly clean with everything you would expect from this standard of hotel. Complimentary water provided daily which was a nice touch. We ate breakfast in the hotel which was amazing, everything you can imagine, egg station, lots of fresh fruit, noodles, breads, pastries etc. Also had a lunch and one dinner in the hotel and again the food was delicious. Hotel has a nice little bar area and the pool was lovely, very serene so great to come back to after a day walking in the heat and chaos that is Saigon! As the prices were good we also had a massage treatment in the spa which was lovely and offers a good range of treatments.

Out of the hotel there is not that much in the way of bars/restaurants in the immediate area but we walked down the main road into town one night and found a few places. Once in the centre fo Saigon then obviously there is more choice.

Saigon itself was a briliant experience, once we figured out how to cross the roads - pretty much just set off walking and the traffic will go around you! 3 nights was probably about right, felt like we had seen the major sites and were ready to move on.

If I did go back I would definitely stay here again, could not fault it at all, great hotel and service, lovely staff who just could not do enough for you. Would highly recommend.

Room Tip: upgrade to deluxe pool view -qiueter and sunlounger on balcony
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,

Nothing delights us more than receiving an excellent rating with very good reviews from a guest like you. Your satisfaction is what matters and it truly was a pleasure having you with us.

We are also glad that we were part of your brilliant experience here in Saigon and thank you for highly recommending us to the massive readers of Tripadvisor.

Hope you would have another time to visit us again.