All reviewsbedroom apartmentwasher and dryergames roomtable tenniscoop supermarketping pongthree bedroomhourly shuttle busfull kitchenlarge supermarketkids loved the poolroom servicelaundry roomwell equipped gymfamily holidayfacilities are greatwar remnants museum
Reviewed 7 December 2012

Troubles start even before I stay.
I booked Sherwood Residence more than a month ago. Now they tell me the apartment I booked for my second stay on 31 Dec. are not available due to their renovation delay, and they are going to sale me to other hotel which in district 5 and need pay extra for their problem. Do you feel a bit strange that my first stay ( 26 Dec~28 Dec.) is available but second(31 Dec) is not due to renovation delay. And I was also been told the three bed apartment only take max 5 adults, can't have extra bed for my 14 years old boy, which I checked with them before I book the hotel and they said they can. I just have to cancel my booking, cause I really don't know what kind apartment I will be given. Now time close to Christmas time. I just have to pay more to booking other hotel.

Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
TanjaKessel, Rooms Operation Manager at Sherwood Residence, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2012

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your most valuable comments about your reservation at Sherwood Residence on Trip Advisor.

An unforeseen circumstance and internal miss communication has led to this unfortunate incident you are describing and I do sincerely apologize for it.

I have already worked with the concerned departments and I do hope that there will be an opportunity to show you the Sherwood Way at a later point.

Best regards and happy holidays to you and your family during your stay in beautiful Ho Chi Minh City!

Reviewed 6 December 2012

The Sherwood was lovely. We had a huge 3 bedroom apartment with 2 bathrooms, a full kitchen, laundry, balcony and enourmous living space. The pool was fantastic as was the gym and the restaurant for breakfast. We ended our 18 day stay here and we were so glad that we did it was just lovely..a bit like a palace. Somme of the staff were not too friendly but most of them were great and helpful. It was just a magic place to stay and not too far from all of the Saigon action..a 2 dollar taxi ride away.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
TanjaKessel, Rooms Operation Manager at Sherwood Residence, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2012

Thank you most kindly for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor following your stay at Sherwood Residence.

We are delighted to read that you have enjoyed the last moments in Vietnam at our property and that you have taken a memorable stay back home with you calling it " a magic place to stay".

Hoping that you had a safe trip back home, we remain with

best regards from Ho Chi Minh City!

Reviewed 5 December 2012

Unique! ultra spacious rooms, rare in the city center, well soundproofed, modern equipment and comfort. Spotlessly clean and friendly staff. You can enter without hesitation in this beautiful and very well enjoy the pool and sun soft, sauna and steam room or for children, games rooms, movie theater and billiards or ping pong. I had a wonderful dream.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo

Thank you most kindly for your comments following your recent stay at Sherwood Residence.

We are delighted to read that you had a "unique" and "wonderful" experience.

To know that you have left completely satisfied and that you keep great memories with you is our biggest reward.

We wish you and your family happy holidays and hope to be able to welcoming you for another unforgettable stay at Sherwood Residence in Ho Chi Minh City in the very near future!

Best regards,

Reviewed 19 November 2012

Stayed in a 3 bedroom apartment for 4 nights. Apartment was very well equipped & more importantly clean! Absolutely fantastic stay! Hotel's location is also pretty good, free shuttle is of course a huge plus. Breakfast was also pretty commendable.

What really made my stay was the friendly and amicable staff. Kudos goes especially to Rita at the front desk and the housekeeping staff.

My only peeve will be the lack of pillows and the restaurant had insufficient choices for lunch and dinner.

Overall a splendid stay. Highly recommended!

4  Thank SamuelT1234
TanjaKessel, Rooms Operation Manager at Sherwood Residence, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2012

We are delighted to read that our biggest asset, the "friendly and amicable staff" have made your stay an unforgettable one.

Your comments have been shared with Rita and the entire staff who are rejoicing of your review and happy that their Vietnamese hospitality has created lasting memories for you.

Once again, thank you very much for your comments and we wish to be able to welcoming you back one day.

Best regards from Ho Chi Minh City,

Reviewed 17 November 2012

At the end of our trip around Vietnam my son and I returned to HCMC and did some investigation on T.A. for a classy hotel with large rooms, a balcony, kitchen, laundry and a pool & gym without having to book into an expensive Western chain hotel. We found everything we needed and more at the Sherwood Residence.
Initially we had questions about the address being in District 3, thinking we would be too far from things, but this proved to be inconsequential as there is only one street separating it from District 1. We easily walked to Ben Thanh Market in 15 mins and the Rex Hotel in 10. There is even an hourly shuttle bus if you do not wish to walk at all or if it is simply too hot.
Reception was a welcome full of smiles and an unexpected upgrade to a huge 3 bedroom apartment and we were very impressed with the young lady who showed us to our room. We inquired of her perfect English with a very slight OZ accent and she informed us that she had recently completed a 4 year hospitality degree in Melbourne. In fact, all the staff here, from pool attendants to breakfast waiting staff to doormen and reception seemed to be a cut above the norm which is a credit to the Sherwood and its training levels.
All the other good things about this hotel are very well covered in previous reviews, yes, the pool is sensational, the breakfasts excellent and the supermarket out the back has just about everything you will need, especially if you are here for a longer term. It is also very child friendly if you are visiting with a family of any size.
Also, out the back door and around the corner is an amazing Seafood restaurant called Marina, not cheap by Vietnamese standards but a great night for a treat, ( reviewed separately ).
On returning home, I raved about this accommodation to a friend who immediately booked it for three weeks when he visits early next year.

Highly recommended home base when in Saigon.

Room Tip: In- room WIFI can be expensive but the business centre downstairs is about $5/hr.
3  Thank Wellmax229

Thank you very much for this most positive review about your recent stay at Sherwood Residence praising our location, smiley receptionists, Ms. Huong who escorted you to the room, the pool attendants, breakfast staff, doormen and at the end recommending our property to your friend upon your return back home.

Your comments have been shared with all our associates and they were very pleased that their efforts have been duly appreciated and recognized. Bearing in mind that there is always scope for further improvement, I would like you to know that our associates undergo frequent training such as guest satisfaction and guest recognition and we are glad that our valued customers are benefiting from these training exercises as you did.

We hope that we will be able to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Best regards from Ho Chi Minh City!