All reviewsbedroom apartmentwasher and dryergames roomtable tenniscoop supermarketping pongthree bedroomhourly shuttle busfull kitchenlarge supermarketkids loved the poolroom servicelaundry roomwell equipped gymfamily holidayfacilities are greatwar remnants museum
Reviewed 22 December 2012

I wanted to stay just outside of District 1 and Sherwood Residence was conveniently located in District 3, still walking distance to the sites in D1. One of the best Pho places in HCMC, Pho Hoa Pasteur, is located about 3 blocks away. Delicious!!! Banh Xeo 46a is nearby as well.

Anyways, the hotel has quite a few ways to keep yourself entertained if you feel like staying in. Swimming pool, pool table, ping pong, video games, theater room, just to name a few. Oh, and the staff was super friendly, Ngoc was especially helpful and showed us all the amenities as well as our actual apartment. She was always eager to help and answer any questions we ever had. She saved me on my last full day in town by finding the exact location of an air-conditioned shopping center I had visited in the past but forgot the name of. I loaded up on souvenirs here. Thank you Ngoc! You and everyone at Sherwood Residence made our stay memorable. All in all a great trip to this amazing city, I look forward to staying at Sherwood Residence when I return to Vietnam.

Ricardo H. akabuddyrich

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank akabuddyrich
TanjaKessel, Rooms Operation Manager at Sherwood Residence, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2012

Thank you very much for posting your review on Trip Advisor after your stay with us at Sherwood Residence.

We are delighted that you found whatever you were looking for at our property.
Your comments have been shared with Ngoc and the entire hotel team and the entire Sherwood team is really happy that our efforts have been recognized and that we have made your stay with us, one to remember!

We hope that you had a safe trip back home and to be able to welcoming you to our property in the near future.

Reviewed 17 December 2012

prime location. helpful and friendly receptions.
good security system
units are spacious, prefect for long or short stays.
will definitely choose this over hotels.
facilities include swimming pool, exercise rooms, entertainment room. Did not have a chance to use the business center though. Free wi fi in room was really handy.

Room Tip: all rooms are good, some have laundry facilities.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank aycl
TanjaKessel, Rooms Operation Manager at Sherwood Residence, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2012

Thank you most kindly for your very complimentary feedback following your stay at our property.

We are indeed, very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you will continue to come back again to Sherwood Residence.

Your comments have been shared with all our associates and they were very pleased that their efforts have been duly appreciated and recognized.

We wish you and your family happy holidays and hope to be able to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 15 December 2012

hmm sherwood residence....okay. when i went to check in, my room wasnt ready - i had to wait 2 and a half hours. and staffs were really disappointing. I expected them to offer to show me around the hotel, instead they DROVE me our to explore the city? whaaat? anyways. the room makes up for their lackluster performance. I mean having FIVE people in front desk and not one of them had the initiative to meet my needs. Rita was fantastic, nice eyes girl!. Anyways, my apartment was so [--] amazing! top notch lads, top notch! no minor/major issues with the interior. However, the location of the hotel totally sucks. to get to an off licence shop i have to WALK for 15 minutes or take a TAXI. thats not good. I may return, but i may not. First impression really shook me up..............

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Canai_E5
TanjaKessel, Rooms Operations Manager at Sherwood Residence, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2012

Thank you very much for posting your most valuable comments on trip advisor following your recent stay at Sherwood Residence.

Attentively we have read through your description and assure you that your first impression is not the Sherwood Residence way and I would like to sincerely apologize for it.

Nevertheless, we are delighted to read that Ms. Rita has offered you a memorable service and that you were satisfied with our in room facilities.

We hope to be able to welcoming you at a later point of time and wish you happy holidays!

Reviewed 7 December 2012

Troubles start even before I stay.
I booked Sherwood Residence more than a month ago. Now they tell me the apartment I booked for my second stay on 31 Dec. are not available due to their renovation delay, and they are going to sale me to other hotel which in district 5 and need pay extra for their problem. Do you feel a bit strange that my first stay ( 26 Dec~28 Dec.) is available but second(31 Dec) is not due to renovation delay. And I was also been told the three bed apartment only take max 5 adults, can't have extra bed for my 14 years old boy, which I checked with them before I book the hotel and they said they can. I just have to cancel my booking, cause I really don't know what kind apartment I will be given. Now time close to Christmas time. I just have to pay more to booking other hotel.

Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your most valuable comments about your reservation at Sherwood Residence on Trip Advisor.

An unforeseen circumstance and internal miss communication has led to this unfortunate incident you are describing and I do sincerely apologize for it.

I have already worked with the concerned departments and I do hope that there will be an opportunity to show you the Sherwood Way at a later point.

Best regards and happy holidays to you and your family during your stay in beautiful Ho Chi Minh City!

Reviewed 6 December 2012

The Sherwood was lovely. We had a huge 3 bedroom apartment with 2 bathrooms, a full kitchen, laundry, balcony and enourmous living space. The pool was fantastic as was the gym and the restaurant for breakfast. We ended our 18 day stay here and we were so glad that we did it was just lovely..a bit like a palace. Somme of the staff were not too friendly but most of them were great and helpful. It was just a magic place to stay and not too far from all of the Saigon action..a 2 dollar taxi ride away.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
TanjaKessel, Rooms Operation Manager at Sherwood Residence, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2012

Thank you most kindly for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor following your stay at Sherwood Residence.

We are delighted to read that you have enjoyed the last moments in Vietnam at our property and that you have taken a memorable stay back home with you calling it " a magic place to stay".

Hoping that you had a safe trip back home, we remain with

best regards from Ho Chi Minh City!