“Flawless hotel, highly recommended for families.”
Review of Sherwood Residence

Sherwood Residence
Ranked #14 of 468 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Reviewed 27 December 2012

We stayed at Sherwood Residence from December 6, 2012 to December 15, 2012 inclusive. Our family of four (kids aged 10 and 12) booked a 2 bedrooms apartment but were given a 3 bedroom apartment (Room 18G) without extra charge (what a bonus!).

We are from Australia. We as a family travel every year on holiday and are quite fussy when it comes to accomodation.

We would like to let you know that we thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Sherwood Residence. It was my husband and children's 1st visit to Vietnam. We were quite nervous about the visit before we arrived in Vietnam, but as soon as we walked in Sherwwod Residence, we felt right at home. The place was so clean, spacious and elegantly decorated. The staff (at reception, cleaning, service and maintanence, etc.) were all very polite, friendly and helpful. They responded promptly to our requests for help, and they always carried a smile on their faces. My 10 year old son particularly enjoyed playing at the club house, he wandered down to play the games all by himself and we felt safe for him to do so.

Also, the location of your hotel is excellent. We enjoyed our walks around the area, but we also appreciated the convenience of their free shuttle buses. My husband loved to explore the food and drinks at nearby restaurants. The whole family misses Vietnamese ice milk coffee very much.

I would rate the hotel 10/10 and if we ever visit Viet nam again, we will definitely stay at Sherwood Residence.

We would like to acknowledge Ms Cindy Nguen, Mr. Hoa at the reception and Ms. Helen (Deputy Residence Manager). Their friendly smiles and helpfulness made our stay even more pleasant.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank HappiNess111
TanjaKessel, Rooms Operation Manager at Sherwood Residence, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a detailed and complimentary review of your recent stay at Sherwood Residence.

It is indeed very rewarding to learn that you enjoyed so many aspects of the hotel and found the service, rooms and facilities to be "right at home". Your kind comments will surely be shared with the team and appreciated, as they will find it very inspiring and encouraging.

We always strive to ensure complete guest satisfaction at Sherwood Residence, and it is rewarding to learn it has been achieved on this occasion.

We definitely look forward to the opportunity of once again welcoming you to the hotel.

Reviewed 25 December 2012

I stayed at this hotel on the recommendation of a colleague and was not disappointed. The hotel is well-maintained and well located, right in the heart of District 1 and in close proximity to all the sites such as the Reunification Palace and the war museum.

I was in a 2 bedroom apartment, which was reasonably sized and had everything you could possibly want, including a washing machine and dryer. A supermarket and food court are conveniently located directly across the road.

I was blown away by the friendly and helpful nature of the staff at this hotel, particularly a gentleman on the front desk named Hoa, who was extremely friendly and helped my colleague and I find SIM cards for our Iphone 5s.

I would definitely stay at this hotel again if I return to HCMC.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
TanjaKessel, Rooms Operation Manager at Sherwood Residence, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2012

Thank you most kindly for your comments following your recent stay at Sherwood Residence.

We are delighted to read that you have been "blown away by the friendly and helpful nature of the staff" which are our bigget asset.

To know that you have left completely satisfied, that you keep great memories with you and that you would "definitely stay" with us again is our biggest reward.

We wish to be able to welcoming you for another unforgettable stay at Sherwood Residence in the very near future!

Best regards from Ho Chi Minh City,

Reviewed 25 December 2012

Great space for a family of four. Clean, modern, good facilities. Breakfast buffet like a small hotel not big 5 star hotel. Totally sufficient. Pool and entertainment options great for kids. Made use of gym and treadmills overlooking pool. Room service prices very reasonable. Bit of a walk into the main heart of the city. Use taxis if you have younger children. Free shuttle also runs into town centre, market etc. Booked a 2 bedroom apartment and ended up in 3 bed 2 bath apt so kids were happy! Able to do washing, cooking if you choose!

Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank millieWa

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review following your recent stay at Sherwood Residence.

It was with pleasure to read that you really enjoyed your stay with us with our various facilities and services as well as the space that the 3 bedroom unit provided for you and your family.

We hope that you had a safe trip back home and to be able to welcoming you in the very near future.

Reviewed 25 December 2012

The Sherwood Residences offers you the option of 1-3 bedrooms in the District 3 area. I was traveling with two other friends and we chose the 3 bedroom with kitchen. We didn't use the kitchen much but it did come in handy having a frige and a place to prepare cocktails or small meals. The Sherwood is a hi-rise and offers some very good views and gives you some perspective of the city of Saigon.
The property is very nice with a pool and it is within 5-10 minutes of the downtown Saigon area and very easy to get to. Make sure that you get into the correct taxi or you will be sure to be gouged! Just ask the people at the front desk and they will tell you which taxi is the correct one.
Our breakfast was included in the price and was a very good western breakfast. We stayed for a week and, during that time, I got to know the manager (I don't remember his name!) but he was very helpful and a good guy in general.
I may stay in downtown Saigon on my next visit just because I do like more activity, but for a family or people that prefer a little less action this is a GREAT place to stay. I would highly reccomend the Sherwood Residence!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends

Thank you very much for taking the time to share the experience following your recent stay at Sherwood Residence.

I was happy to know you and your friends had an enjoyable stay and you are recommending our property to travelling families.

The team and I are delighted to receive such feedback and your comments will be shared with all of them especially Mr. Duong our Duty Manager.

We hope that you had a safe trip back home and remain with best regards from
Ho Chi Minh City!

Reviewed 22 December 2012

I wanted to stay just outside of District 1 and Sherwood Residence was conveniently located in District 3, still walking distance to the sites in D1. One of the best Pho places in HCMC, Pho Hoa Pasteur, is located about 3 blocks away. Delicious!!! Banh Xeo 46a is nearby as well.

Anyways, the hotel has quite a few ways to keep yourself entertained if you feel like staying in. Swimming pool, pool table, ping pong, video games, theater room, just to name a few. Oh, and the staff was super friendly, Ngoc was especially helpful and showed us all the amenities as well as our actual apartment. She was always eager to help and answer any questions we ever had. She saved me on my last full day in town by finding the exact location of an air-conditioned shopping center I had visited in the past but forgot the name of. I loaded up on souvenirs here. Thank you Ngoc! You and everyone at Sherwood Residence made our stay memorable. All in all a great trip to this amazing city, I look forward to staying at Sherwood Residence when I return to Vietnam.

Ricardo H. akabuddyrich

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank akabuddyrich

Thank you very much for posting your review on Trip Advisor after your stay with us at Sherwood Residence.

We are delighted that you found whatever you were looking for at our property.
Your comments have been shared with Ngoc and the entire hotel team and the entire Sherwood team is really happy that our efforts have been recognized and that we have made your stay with us, one to remember!

We hope that you had a safe trip back home and to be able to welcoming you to our property in the near future.

Reviewed 17 December 2012

prime location. helpful and friendly receptions.
good security system
units are spacious, prefect for long or short stays.
will definitely choose this over hotels.
facilities include swimming pool, exercise rooms, entertainment room. Did not have a chance to use the business center though. Free wi fi in room was really handy.

Room Tip: all rooms are good, some have laundry facilities.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank aycl
TanjaKessel, Rooms Operation Manager at Sherwood Residence, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2012

Thank you most kindly for your very complimentary feedback following your stay at our property.

We are indeed, very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you will continue to come back again to Sherwood Residence.

Your comments have been shared with all our associates and they were very pleased that their efforts have been duly appreciated and recognized.

We wish you and your family happy holidays and hope to be able to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 15 December 2012

hmm sherwood residence....okay. when i went to check in, my room wasnt ready - i had to wait 2 and a half hours. and staffs were really disappointing. I expected them to offer to show me around the hotel, instead they DROVE me our to explore the city? whaaat? anyways. the room makes up for their lackluster performance. I mean having FIVE people in front desk and not one of them had the initiative to meet my needs. Rita was fantastic, nice eyes girl!. Anyways, my apartment was so [--] amazing! top notch lads, top notch! no minor/major issues with the interior. However, the location of the hotel totally sucks. to get to an off licence shop i have to WALK for 15 minutes or take a TAXI. thats not good. I may return, but i may not. First impression really shook me up..............

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Canai_E5
TanjaKessel, Rooms Operations Manager at Sherwood Residence, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2012

Thank you very much for posting your most valuable comments on trip advisor following your recent stay at Sherwood Residence.

Attentively we have read through your description and assure you that your first impression is not the Sherwood Residence way and I would like to sincerely apologize for it.

Nevertheless, we are delighted to read that Ms. Rita has offered you a memorable service and that you were satisfied with our in room facilities.

We hope to be able to welcoming you at a later point of time and wish you happy holidays!