“Friendly helpful staff make this good hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Nhat Ha 1 Hotel

Nhat Ha 1 Hotel
Ranked #177 of 447 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Melbourne, Australia
“Friendly helpful staff make this good hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2013

Firendliness creates friendliness. The staff are friendly and helpful. They respond to friendliness and humour. Reception staff were very helpful. Ngan went out of her way to make bookings for a country trip and cloaked my bag whilst I was away. I spoke little Vietnamese but she made it an easy taxi and bus trip for me.
The price is good and hopefully it doesn't increase at the rate that many have in HCM City.
Yes it is a smoking hotel. This is Asia not a western society. Simple to advise reception or cleaning staff and they will supply a sweet smelling smoke fan will clean up the smell whilst you go for shopping at nearby Ban Tien market or stroll down to the nearby park for an ice-cream in the sun.
The breakfast is a-la-carte with asorted hot breakfasts. The coffee is very good. The staff friendly. My highlights were lemon juice and the bread roll (baguette) that accompanied the breakfast.
I am not hard to please but I love interaction and a smile and I was rewarded with the same. Hotel is clean which is a must for me.

Room Tip: Smile and be respectful. If there's a problem staff will assist. Enjoy your breakfast as I did e...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank Kevin M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Vietnamese first
Thailand
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2013 via mobile

I have stayed several times in both Hhat Ha hotels. Location is perfect. Upper rear rooms have great view over the City. Air cons work fine and rooms are bright and cheerful. All Grade A except for one very disturbing factor. The stench of tobacco is everywhere. I asked for and got Room 1105 on the rear. The ghastly smoke smell was so strong I could not remain there more than a couple of minutes. A young lady finally appeared after three requests. I was ready to check out. We procured a colorful "Smoke Machine" from another room that did clear most of the smell. It ran all night. A hot bath in their comfortable deep tub relieved much of my aggravation. Walking up one floor in the morning, I ordered breakfast. Their eggs, bacon, delicious warm baguette and scrumptious coffee was a good start to the day.
Walking out of the hotel, the lobby was thick with strong stinking smoke. Such a shame that this disturbing factor will prevent me from staying here again. I visited their Nhat Ha2 Hotel this afternoon and found it clear and clean smelling and booked it for later in June.
Goodbye to the Nhat Ha1.

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank sanmyn
Leeds
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2013

Chose this hotel for its excellent location close to Ben Tranh Market and walkable to all the other main sights in Ho Chi Minh. Helpful and friendly staff at the desk, but we were very disappointed having booked a superior room to get one with no window and were told no other available that night, bed was alsomvery hard. Very stuffy in room and hard to sleep even with air con on. We moved to another room next day was such a relief to get a window and the bed was much more comfortable too. It seemed to mainly cater for asian guest rather than being an international or backpacker hotel when we were there.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank owlyian
Tampa, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2013

they just try to show up for tip. The receptionist woman is not polite at all. They let people smoke in the room, the bar on the top (restaurant) and in the lobby. I couldn't enjoy my breakfast because people smoked in the restaurant room. I stayed on the 11th floor, people who work on the 12th floor always make noise. we never ever come back to this hotel

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank erecca
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 December 2012 via mobile

We stayed in the 6th floor. Our room was very clean. Mini fridge room w good decor.

Service. Staff are really good and helpful. English speaking staff. Room housekeeping was great as we always requested more towels all the time.

Wireless Internet was very fast.

Free Breakfast on the 12th floor was good. Get the ice coffee with Milk. Strong and sweet. Great kick start before heading to haggle at the Market.

Overall for a budget hotel, this is a 9 out of 10. Only bad part was the one elevator was slow.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank Ahn556
Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2012

Travelled with my family Dec 2012.

I was quite impress with this hotel, considering that its only a 3 star hotel.

Hotel staff: They were extremely friendly. They are able to speak proper english. Able to direct and recomend you places to go in HCM.

Location : Probably 40 mins drive from the airport. 5 mins walk to ben tanh market, 20 mins walk from Vincom/Notre damne cathedral.

Breakfast: It was all right, its not buffet style but rather ala carte from their breakfast menu. Coffee was good though.

Rooms. Spacious and huge. Very clean. Ambience is great too.

I don't think there is a fitness center and swimming pool in this hotel

Would totally recomend it to my friends if they are travelling in HCM for the first time

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank rinoa_carol
Quezon City, Philippines
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2012

This hotel is a very short walk to Ben Tranh Market, the mecca for shopping at HCM. The room is not too big, but adequate, nice bathroom. Bed may be a little hard, but still good. Only complaint was that the room had no windows. But certainly this is value for your money. Breakfast is simple, but filling. But the thing I like the most is that the front desk people are the most helpful. Thay really go out of their way to help out.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple