See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 31 December 2013 via mobile

I would definitely recommend anyone staying at this guest house.
We have stayed in several 'top choices' in the Lonely Planet but this is by far the best.
Great location, excellent value for money and the staff are lovely and very helpful! We stayed in a small double room which was totally fine if you are only staying for a few nights. Bathroom is very clean and great shower! Wifi connection was also very good.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Dervala
Reviewed 31 December 2013 via mobile

Clean & great location in the heart of District 1.

Only negatives are that they get you on the exchange rate if you pay by card & overcharge for a taxi to the airport - it's best to book yourself via Vinasun if possible.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 December 2013

We had a great stay at Giang Son Guesthouse - right in the middle of it all, and very easy to get to things. The staff was especially helpful whenever I needed something and I had many special requests as I was trying to find my Vietnamese family in Ho Chi Minh without speaking much Vietnamese :) Their breakfast was simple but always hot and on-demand. Having free wi-fi in the lobby was very helpful as well. A little bit more expensive than the others, but it was comfortable, clean, and helpful.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 December 2013 via mobile

This place is about two dollars more than the others in the alley but it's worth it. The beds are extremely comfortable - the best is experienced in vietnam - and the staff are lovely. Breakfast is included - baguette and egg etc, standard viet fare. Everything is super clean and the decor is minimally sophisticated.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 December 2013 via mobile

We stayed only one night but it was great, we had arranged a pick up at the airport with Giang Son just to make it easier on ourselves it worked out great. We toured around the area lots of sites to see in old Saigon. Lots of shopping and markets as well. The staff at the hotel were very helpful and helped arrange our bus tickets to Mui ne. Breakfast was simple but good. I would stay here again anytime I'm in Saigon.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple