“Yummy splurge, beautiful decor!”
Review of Tandoor

Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Authentic Indian cuisine in the heart of city
Reviewed 27 June 2018

We wanted to splurge a little on our last night in HCMC and found this while we were exploring the area, lucky because we had a great night! Very pretty decor and attentive staff, butter chicken was lovely but maybe a bit stingy on the meat, bulk sauce. The garlic naan was not very garlicky, more plain, nice selection of drinks, vegetarian dumplings were soooo yummy, as was the beef vindaloo. I wish I could remember our dishes in more detail, but overall we loved it.

Best of all was the location for an evening stroll (much needed after our overindulgence!) past the Town Hall, and HCM Memorial Park, so pretty lit up at night! Yummy and a great visit. I also loved the fresh orchids on the table. Beautiful.

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

The restaurant certainly hv a good ambience compared to other Indian restaurants in HIM city. The food is above average but not exceptional. Prices are also on a higher side. Over all a mixed bag.

Reviewed 23 June 2018

I wanted to try Indian in Saigon and came across Tandoor, situated in the busy precinct of Ho chi Minh. Very cold welcome from the so called Manager who got me seated with a Menu. Came really quickly without giving me a chance to glance through the menu. I asked for the best dish they prepare and he advised Butter Chicken - Cliche'. Anyway I advised I have a bad throat and he suggested (upselling) me Murg Malai Tikka, which I accepted. I ordered Roti and garlic Naan. Asked for warm water which I was served. After few minutes I added Tadka Dal.
After about 15 minutes without any interaction from any of the staff I was served Dal with Roti first and when I asked for Chicken they advised me 5 more minutes. The dal was okie. The roti and Naan were served on a stainless steel dish with Banana leaf with no cover and was getting cold as I was waiting for my Murg. My Chicken dish arrived after 10 minutes of waiting and by this time my roti and naan were hard as rock. The surprising thing was Murg had boiled Sliced egg on top which kind of threw the authenticity of the dish away. The gravy looked like made with peanuts and not cashew, very thin and watery.
All this time I was not approached by any of the waitstaff to check on my meal as they were busy preparing buffet for a Group and they didnot care for any of the other guests. Hospitality marks will be "0" for them. Food was below average except the Tadka Dal.
They really need to up their game or a good competition will soon wipe them out.

Reviewed 16 June 2018

Stumbled across this curry house and decided to give it a go. Having spent a month away from the UK we needed our 'curry' fix.
The restaurant was really busy and having eaten there I can understand why. The quality and quantity of the food served was amazing, succulent pieces of chicken breast cooked to perfection and wonderfully spiced.
We visited the curry house twice and on our first visit had starters. Gave it a miss the second time as the main course was substantial therefore didn't need it.
Staff were polite, friendly and accommodating.
Great value for money and a great atmosphere.

Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

I would have given the restaurant 4 stars but was disappointed with the quality of the food. It advertises as traditional but the flavours were far from traditional. I like my curry or Indian dish with a bit of a kick, sadly the food that ordered was bland and probably catered for the clientele who couldn't tell their kormas from their jalfrezis.

The staff were the only thing that stood out, although the level of maybe English or even Hindi could be better.

A poor experience and one that I would not repeat.