“As yellow as sunshine :-)”
Review of Yellow House Hotel

Yellow House Hotel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ho Chi Minh City
Yellow House Hotel
Kent, England
“As yellow as sunshine :-)”
Reviewed 28 July 2009

Ok, it's basic but it's cheap, clean and in a brilliant location. I stayed in the only dorm room (mixed, 8 beds) which was fun - and no bunk beds in sight! I did see single rooms and double rooms in this hotel too (through friends I made) and they seemed on a par with my personal accomodation.

The internet connection was slow but, again, cheap. and I was in vietnam - what more could I expect?! lovely staff, and nice simple breakfast included in the price.

all in all a great place to have as a base :-)

• Stayed September 2007, travelled solo

Business
Cagayan de Oro, Philippines
Reviewed 23 July 2009

What's good about the hotel is that it's really cheap at US$7 a night for mixed dorms and that's inclusive of breakfast. A clean towel is also provided daily. It is within the backpackers' area of Ho Chi Minh and nearby are pubs, restaurants, shops, bus stops and stations. The staff take charge of the safety of your important belongings like your passport. They're nice, friendly and quite helpful.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled solo
QCPhilippines
Reviewed 5 June 2009

We stayed here for 2 nights. We booked a room for 3 people. They gave us a room with a double bed and a single bed. The bathroom was clean. The air con was a bit noisy. We had a 14 inch TV with cable. They just provide toilet papers and towels. Our cabinet was a little broken.
Our breakfast was simple. They served coffee, french breads, jam and egg.
The staff were friendly. The night staff sleeps at the middle of the looby at night time. I asked for a wake up call but they never called, but they apologised for it. It was a bit noisy.
We can conversations from the hall way and kitchen utensils. We stayed on the second floor. Meybe it would be more quiet on a higher floor.
The location was great. It was within walking distance to Benh Tanh Market , travel agencies, stores and reataurants.
You will book this hotel because of its location and price.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with family
Montevideo, Uruguay
Reviewed 26 May 2009

it's well located. Basic rooms but with a/c. Good Breakfast. Good attention

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with friends
Washington, DC
Reviewed 3 May 2009

This hotel is ok value for the money. The location is good, surrounded by restaurants and travel companies in the middle of the 'backpacker ghetto'. The lower floors can be noisy from street noise. The room was a little moldy. There is free internet in the lobby and the free breakfast was ok.

I did have an interesting experience with housekeeping trying to barge into my room at 4:30pm to give me towels. I was literally holding the door with my foot and shouting for them to come back and it was not until I cracked the door open that she figured things out. It was ridiculous.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
Australia
Reviewed 6 February 2009

Firstly I must say that the Yellow house hotel is in a very good location! Rooms were simple but did the job! We paid 7USD a night per person for a 4 dorm room. On the second day... while we were out my friends 2 rings went missing. We suspect it was the cleaners but when we asked them they "knew nothing about it"! Other than that beakfast was included and consisted or a bagette, eggs, jam and a cofee or tea! Internet included! Good value for money

• Stayed January 2009, travelled with friends