“Superb staff!”
Review of Meraki Hotel

Meraki Hotel
Ranked #122 of 476 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

A lovely welcome on arrival at midnight! Room was nice. I read some reviews that mentioned it was noisy so I was a little worried about this but we didn't hear any noise. Maybe we were in a room away from the street. On the backpackers street which gets really busy and lively at night but if you aren't into that sort of thing it shouldn't affect your stay. The staff will help you find your way around Ho chi Minh city. I am so thankful to Mr Harry because I left my tablet in my room and went to Phnom Penh and realised on my way there. I didn't think I'd get it back by Mr Harry sent it to me the following day - so honest and helpful! Thank you all staff at Bizu especially Mr Harry. From Donna and Guy

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 16 March 2014

Last year we only spent one night at this hotel before travelling further south for a wedding. When we returned we chose a different hotel just for comparison really. This year we decided to try a more expensive hotel in a different area but then decided we liked the backpackers area much better and this hotel :)
We have spent 9 nights at this hotel in the VIP room which is huge and has a great view. The hotel has a lift and windows that actually open to the fresh air! My tip is to include breakfast as there is a great selection to choose from and also book the VIP room. It was cheaper than the very small room we had in the newer hotel near the waterfront.
The staff are lovely and very helpful. If we come back again this is where we would stay.

Room Tip: Always ask for the VIP room or at least the deluxe room and include breakfast
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Nice and clean rooms, helpful staff. Great value.
The hotell is in the backpacker which we really enjoyed, many great bars around.
We have nothing bad to say about this hotel.
We had a great stay at Bizu.
Albin & Lisa

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 March 2014

We are from Perth, W.Australia. We travelled as a couple with another set of couple to HCM city for the first time from 28/2/2014 to 10/3/2014.

We booked into a simple, small hotel called Bizu Hotel District 1.
Althought the hotel may not be as grand as some others. It's clean, and funtion well with it's facilities.

The location is situation in the busy street of Bui Vien St, where eateries are very convinent.
Our room were clean, and spacious enough for us.
The air con works very well.

The staffs are the most helpful, kind and friendly people I've come across in Vietnam. Our sincere thanks goes out especially to Mr Harry, the manager and Jolie, the receptionist.
Their effortless helping hand and their patience in assisting us with our needs is tremendous.
Every staffs at the hotel are very much the same. Their smile, easy to get along, happy faces sure made our trip a truely memorable one.

When we return to HCM city again, this hotel will be sure to be our first pick.
:) Peter & Valerie McCann

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

Very good value for money. We Stayed two nights and enyoed it. The location is amazing in the heart of bui vien street. the rooms are simple but there are all you need with hot shower, tv and free wifi.
We cam warmly recomment it and its good value for money.

Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 28 February 2014

I went to Vietnam for the first time and stayed at this hotel in January. Initially my family and I had reservations at a hotel near Cho Ben Thanh but after the first night, we realized everything around us closed at 10pm and it was too quiet and no signs of nightlife. My uncle then suggested Bizu Hotel, where he has stayed multiple times. First thing i noticed upon arriving at Bui Vien was the busy street full of people, street vendors, restaurants and bars. There were a lot of foreigners (hence the nickname "backpackers district") and everyone spoke english everywhere we went. The hotel was very clean, and quiet (even though my window was right above Bui Vien St) and the employees were so nice and accommodating. I ended up staying in 3 different rooms throughout my stay and i was pleased with all of them. The price was a deal, considering how busy the location is. The staff was so helpful..from calling taxis to checking airline fares or even giving us helpful advice on how to travel within the city. My parents, grandma and uncle ended up switching from their hotel to come stay at this one after seeing how it was when they came to visit. Thank you Kenny, Harry, Kathy, Suri, Vincent and Jenny for making my first visit such a wonderful experience! I am already planning my visit for next year and will definitely be staying here again!!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 February 2014 via mobile

We came here with our 8 month old son. This hotel is located in the heart of the busiest street in district 1. Tons of street food, restaurants and travelers. There are places to book tours and exchange dollars at good rates. The breakfast pho ga was delicious, but beware that it often runs out. The service here is outstanding. Harry (the manager) speaks great English, is so kind and helpful and made me feel extremely special. On my birthday, they surprised me with a cute note and cake. :)

We booked the suite that had a real mini fridge, tub, 2 queen beds, a twin bed table, and couch overlooking the bustling street below. Request a room high and in the back because of the noise. There's also a really loud rooster that decides when it's time to wake up and if you don't hear it the first time, he will sound the alarm a few more times at 1 hour increments.

It's not the nicest or new by any means, but it's clean and safe. The aircon was spraying water on ice and dropping ice cubes but we just stuffed it with tissues.

There's someone to get you a taxi if needed and you can pretty much walk anywhere from thos location or pay $1 to go anywhere within district 1 via taxi.

We truly enjoyed our stay here. I would recommend this place if you are looking for an affordable place that isn't a hostel.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
12,610.1 mi away
Blue River Hotel
Blue River Hotel
#104 of 476 in Ho Chi Minh City

Been to Meraki Hotel? Share your experiences!