“we liked it here”

Ranked #92 of 447 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Karlsfeld, Germany
“we liked it here”
Reviewed 1 April 2014

My husband an me spent a few days in Saigon vor sightseeing and holidays and had a very pleasant stay. The people were very friendly, helpfull and we can recommend it. We had a good room in the 5th floor streetview with aircondition and everything was really fine and clean. The area is for backpackers and very vivid, but that´s what we wanted. Breakfast was okay and enough and the price was also reasonable for what you get. We would come again.

Room Tip: My husband an me spent a few days in Saigon vor sightseeing and holidays and had a very pleasant sta...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Vietnamese first
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

The staff are lovely, the room was spotless, good hot water and thanks to blackout curtains (and my earplugs!) I had a really good night's sleep.
I didn't find it too noisy at all, but we did splash out on a superior room which was at the back of the hotel.
On the flipside the wifi was pretty lousy on our floor and most of the TV channels were unwatchable. The water in the mini bar is an outrageous example of overcharging - there is nothing to tell you that it isn't free (quite a few hotels in this price bracket give you at least two for free).. But it's 12,000 dong for a small 500ml bottle.. Do yourself a favour and walk a minute outside in any direction and you can get 1.5ltrs for 8-10,000.
Finally a note on the area. Great if you want to party all night or need easy access to lots of travel agents, but it is what it is, you shouldn't really stay anywhere here and expect it to be quiet.

2 Thank Grant_UK
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Survey has it this is THE street to be on. Bumpin night life and great coffee two doors down for the morning. I had full trust in my travel companion when he booked this hotel. However, I had no idea i'd love it a much as i did. Bizu hotel is the best - the staff blew me away. They were incredibly helpful, kind, patient, and accommodating. Good internet, clean rooms, great breakfast, excellent service. They went above and beyond helping me track down hard to find souvenirs. No complaints here.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

A lovely welcome on arrival at midnight! Room was nice. I read some reviews that mentioned it was noisy so I was a little worried about this but we didn't hear any noise. Maybe we were in a room away from the street. On the backpackers street which gets really busy and lively at night but if you aren't into that sort of thing it shouldn't affect your stay. The staff will help you find your way around Ho chi Minh city. I am so thankful to Mr Harry because I left my tablet in my room and went to Phnom Penh and realised on my way there. I didn't think I'd get it back by Mr Harry sent it to me the following day - so honest and helpful! Thank you all staff at Bizu especially Mr Harry. From Donna and Guy

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Last year we only spent one night at this hotel before travelling further south for a wedding. When we returned we chose a different hotel just for comparison really. This year we decided to try a more expensive hotel in a different area but then decided we liked the backpackers area much better and this hotel :)
We have spent 9 nights at this hotel in the VIP room which is huge and has a great view. The hotel has a lift and windows that actually open to the fresh air! My tip is to include breakfast as there is a great selection to choose from and also book the VIP room. It was cheaper than the very small room we had in the newer hotel near the waterfront.
The staff are lovely and very helpful. If we come back again this is where we would stay.

Room Tip: Always ask for the VIP room or at least the deluxe room and include breakfast
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Gavle, Sweden
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Nice and clean rooms, helpful staff. Great value.
The hotell is in the backpacker which we really enjoyed, many great bars around.
We have nothing bad to say about this hotel.
We had a great stay at Bizu.
Albin & Lisa

Thornlie
Reviewed 11 March 2014

We are from Perth, W.Australia. We travelled as a couple with another set of couple to HCM city for the first time from 28/2/2014 to 10/3/2014.

We booked into a simple, small hotel called Bizu Hotel District 1.
Althought the hotel may not be as grand as some others. It's clean, and funtion well with it's facilities.

The location is situation in the busy street of Bui Vien St, where eateries are very convinent.
Our room were clean, and spacious enough for us.
The air con works very well.

The staffs are the most helpful, kind and friendly people I've come across in Vietnam. Our sincere thanks goes out especially to Mr Harry, the manager and Jolie, the receptionist.
Their effortless helping hand and their patience in assisting us with our needs is tremendous.
Every staffs at the hotel are very much the same. Their smile, easy to get along, happy faces sure made our trip a truely memorable one.

When we return to HCM city again, this hotel will be sure to be our first pick.
:) Peter & Valerie McCann