“Great location, great service”
Review of Meraki Hotel

Meraki Hotel
Ranked #124 of 476 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Reviewed 15 June 2014

I stayed only one night in order to catch some sleep (en route from Phan Thiet) before flying home to Denmark and to have a place to put my bag so I could enjoy one last day walking around Ho Chi Minh. The room really filled exactly those needs: very comfortable bed (the sheets are almost worth a point of their own), great amenities and a really nice shower (with hot water) - and then the most central of locations (the backpacker district), so it was quick to get around. Even more importantly, the hotel staff was really great - I forgot a folder with all my important papers and some cash on the check-in counter (it was quite late at night after a long bus ride!) and the receptionist brought it up minutes after I had settled in. Also, when you check out the cleaning staff double checks that you haven't forgotten anything in the room - and the receptionists were very nice at helping me hail a cab and negotiating a price. So all in all, I would happily stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank akbhatia

Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I spent 3 nights here in June 2014.

We discovered bed bugs in our bed at midnight and quickly told the gentleman at reception who changed our room straight away for us. However, the new room had a faulty electricity point and when we put our key in, sparks came out and the fuse went. We then told reception again who changed us once more and we had no more issues with our new room.

The rooms themselves are basic but clean and big enough. Our beds were very comfortable and our shower always had hot water (unlike our first room which was always cold). The room is provided with a safe, hairdryer, toiletries and clean towels every day.

Breakfast is very basic and the ladies did not speak great English who served us, unlike reception who speak excellent English.

Reception gave us information about tours and a map. We booked the cu chi tunnels tour which was very interesting and we had a great tour guide called Mickey. We also went on the day trip to the Mekong delta which was just as good and worth the money! The hotel also booked us a taxi to HCMC airport for only $20.

Overall, we had a pleasant stay at this hotel. My only point that you should know is that the hotel is next door to a very loud bar. If you want to be a bit away from the noise of the backpackers area, don't stay here!

We thank all the staff for their hospitality and great service! :).

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

This was a great budget hotel. My boyfriend's bag was lost by the airline, and the hotel staff did everything to help us. Our first room was a standard on the 2nd floor. It was a bit small for me and a little noisy (dead in the center of the amazing backpacker district, so what did I expect?). We extended our stay after the initial 2 nights because we really liked the location and beeakfast was lovely, and we upgraded to the delux room, 6th floor, city view, loads of space. Loved this room! We ended up staying 4 additional nights. The staff is lovely, they have an excellent breakfast selection and you couldn't ask for a better location next to all the great bars and restaurants! Loved this budget hotel.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Peter L
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I have a great vacation with my family in Ho Chi Minh and we stayed bizu hotel. We booked 3 rooms for my big family.
It is a nice hotel, good value and helpful staff
We will come back Vietnam and stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014
4  Thank Suri N
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Read alot reviews before book this hotel. It's very good: location, staff, breakfast....
the room not small so much, you can get the Deluxe room if you need for 3 persons. Very useful when we have safety box in the room. Bathroom is so so.
But the staff in here very friendly, they'll recommened Tour informations and book taxi for us to the Airport ( in Saigon have a lots " 'Ghost Taxis ", we're scaired about that).
we're recommed this Bizu hotel. We'll come back again.

Room Tip: the room no window not noisy, but if you would like enjoy the good view, can ask the high floor
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank davidphu
Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

We had excellent time in this hotel.

Staff is excellent, always ready to help, not pushy, we felt really nice and welcome here.

Rooms are very nice, cleaned everyday and of quite high standard. Everything looks like recently renovated. WiFi is strong and reliable.

Breakfast served from 7 to 9.30 has good choice and is partly self service. I would recommend booking room with breakfast.

There are plenty of local + western eating options around, also shops. I would recommend B Smart - cheaper than the rest, good choice. I you had enough of pho and sticky rice, go to a northern end of buy vien street. There is lotteria chain with combo meals including drinks for 35k from 10 am to 2 pm.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank ondrique
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I was there for my honey moon and i'm very happy with the service, and employees were friendly, rooms were clean, it placed in center of city so we can walk around the city easily. We will come back if we have another vacation.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple