“I didn't feel safe”

Ranked #207 of 453 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Vancouver, Canada
“I didn't feel safe”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I booked this hotel based on the reviews.. The hotel was hard to find to me. I'm not used to the little dark alleys off the main streets of Saigon. There was no one at the desk when I arrived, although a friendly young man appeared right away. I was led to a 3rd floor room. Very simple and clean. However, the lock on the door was VERY basic. No further locks from inside. I seriously worried about the safety of my belongings when traveling with a lap top and expensive camera. No safe in room. With no front desk security, the sketchy guy who gave me directions in the alley could have easily followed me in and picked the lock. I ditched my 3 night online booking and $80 tonight.

Female, Canadian, traveling alone.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Jill20

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

When we arrived at 10pm the guest house had shut although they had our booking written down in the book.
We were rudely greeted but three boys who were obviously more concerned about their own social meeting than us as guests.
We were shown to our room and the floor was dirty with hair and the beds only had one tiny pillow so sleep wasn't exactly restful.
I was told off for speaking on the phone in the corridor which I could understand totally if it wasnt for the blaring electronic dance music the host was playing in the lobby the next morning!
It is also worth noting ad a couple we ordered a double room but were given two hard single beds
Obviously we left the next morning for one of the many better hotels in the city.
I understand it was a budget hotel but we have stayed in much nicer for the same price and ended up on paying a few dollars more for a much more suitable hotel in Ho Chi Minh city

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Joe7oaks
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Simple but clean and quiet room. No frills, but none needed with this price and location! Friendly and accommodating staff. Great location in the heart of district 1 excitement. Happily spent a night here when I first visited HCM, and then came back later for a whole week.

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 June 2014

For an exceptionally cheap rate, you get a nice bed, a clean bathroom, working AC, and a great location. It's a small room but hopefully you won't be in there other than to rest/shower anyway.

The staff is very friendly and helpful and absolutely would not accept tIps. I was never locked out...they would wake up and open the gate for me even at 4am... so yes it's a good place if you like to party.

Highly recommended!

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank puzzlermike
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 24 June 2014

For its price, shouldn't expect too much from this hotel. The basics are there and the guy running this hotel is very approachable. For its location and price, this hotel is very value for money. You can also book tours from this hotel, trustworthy and reliable.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank markgoh5
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Highly recommended!!! Thien - the person in charge (receptionists, bell boy, room boy etc!!) is a very very good person! Always available if you need help in almost everything. He arranged all the tours for me (two separate tours around Saigon). The location is great - close to everything (food centers, shopping center, city center, city tourist spots, etc). I am a frequent solo traveler and I prefer to stay in places like this one, clean rooms, affordable rates, and safe. Thank you Thuan Duc!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

I highly reccomend this place. The staff are so helpful. They went above and beyond for us and always greeted us with a big smile. Cheap accommodation with all the basics you need. Located in ideal location just a small walk from the markets and very close to Bui Vein street.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple