“Affordable small hotel”

Thuan Duc
Ranked #233 of 458 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
“Affordable small hotel”
Reviewed 26 August 2014

A little bit hard to find in the small alleys of the backpackers district. Very friendly and helpfull staff. The rooms are basic and clean. The location of the hotel is in the middle of the backpackers distrcict. So the location is excellent for backpackers. Overall great value for your money,

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 15 July 2014

At first it was a little hard to find as it's located in a small alley, but the location also leads to quiter rooms even though it is in the backpacker's district. Basic rooms with everything you need and great airco. The guy at the reception is super friendly and always there to help you with anything. We went back here three times during our trip through Vietnam, so would definitely recommend this place when on a budget!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Evachie
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I stayed as a solo traveller, in a room with a double bed, and it was my first stop in Vietnam. Thien, the guy who runs the reception, was great. At times, a little abrupt, but when I needed help he was amazing. Reception closes at about 11pm, but he sleeps on the floor and is happy to open up to let people in - I felt bad, but as he said (with a smile!) it's his job. I took 2 tours, booked via the hotel and they were great (to Mekong Delta & Cu Chi Tunnels). The tours were through a different travel agency, but actually I ended up paying $4USD less on each tour than other people on the same tour (booked through their respective hotels)! The bed was hard, but all beds in Vietnam seem to be hard! Facilities otherwise basic, but it was good for me. I also felt safe in the hotel, but it was a bit tricky to find as it was down an alleyway off another alleyway. One thing - there were ants, so just don't leave food out!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I booked this hotel based on the reviews.. The hotel was hard to find to me. I'm not used to the little dark alleys off the main streets of Saigon. There was no one at the desk when I arrived, although a friendly young man appeared right away. I was led to a 3rd floor room. Very simple and clean. However, the lock on the door was VERY basic. No further locks from inside. I seriously worried about the safety of my belongings when traveling with a lap top and expensive camera. No safe in room. With no front desk security, the sketchy guy who gave me directions in the alley could have easily followed me in and picked the lock. I ditched my 3 night online booking and $80 tonight.

Female, Canadian, traveling alone.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Jill20
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

When we arrived at 10pm the guest house had shut although they had our booking written down in the book.
We were rudely greeted but three boys who were obviously more concerned about their own social meeting than us as guests.
We were shown to our room and the floor was dirty with hair and the beds only had one tiny pillow so sleep wasn't exactly restful.
I was told off for speaking on the phone in the corridor which I could understand totally if it wasnt for the blaring electronic dance music the host was playing in the lobby the next morning!
It is also worth noting ad a couple we ordered a double room but were given two hard single beds
Obviously we left the next morning for one of the many better hotels in the city.
I understand it was a budget hotel but we have stayed in much nicer for the same price and ended up on paying a few dollars more for a much more suitable hotel in Ho Chi Minh city

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Joe7oaks
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Simple but clean and quiet room. No frills, but none needed with this price and location! Friendly and accommodating staff. Great location in the heart of district 1 excitement. Happily spent a night here when I first visited HCM, and then came back later for a whole week.

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 June 2014

For an exceptionally cheap rate, you get a nice bed, a clean bathroom, working AC, and a great location. It's a small room but hopefully you won't be in there other than to rest/shower anyway.

The staff is very friendly and helpful and absolutely would not accept tIps. I was never locked out...they would wake up and open the gate for me even at 4am... so yes it's a good place if you like to party.

Highly recommended!