Silverland Central Hotel
PARKROYAL Saigon(Ho Chi Minh City)
US$116
US$93
US$204
US$194
InterContinental
Great 4.5/5
Sanouva Saigon Hotel(Ho Chi Minh City)
US$79
US$61
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Nikko Saigon(Ho Chi Minh City)
US$132
US$113
Great 4.5/5
Huong Sen Hotel(Ho Chi Minh City)
US$79
US$58
  • Breakfast included
New World Saigon Hotel(Ho Chi Minh City)
US$194
US$140
  • Pool
Saigon View Residences(Ho Chi Minh City)
US$55
US$45
US$176
US$159
  • Restaurant
Grand Hotel Saigon(Ho Chi Minh City)
US$135
US$106
Trip.com
  • Breakfast included
Renaissance Riverside Hotel Saigon(Ho Chi Minh City)
US$163
US$159
  • Restaurant
1,241 results
All reviewsnight marketben thanh marketgreat locationjunior suitetan hai long hotelkl sparooftop barstar hotelhalal foodwalking distancephosaigon squaretour deskmain marketthe hotel staffairport transferegg station
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 December 2012

I stayed at Tan Hai Long for 3 nights on my very first trip to Vietnam. My total bill was 260 USD. The taxi ride from the airport to THL costs about 80,000 dongs, which is roughly 4-5 USD. Once we arrived, our luggage was brought in by the bellboys/doormen, and check-in was very smooth. We were treated with excellent customer service, and through out our trip, we felt very comfortable with asking for directions and recommendations.

Location wise, THL is a very central location in district 1, and is a stone's throw away from the Ben Thanh Market. THL has a front and back entrance, which made it very convenient for us; we often left the the back entrance to walk to the market. Doormen are standing on both entrances, so the hotel is very secure. The jewelry shop is right across the street for convenient currency exchange. Restaurants and markets are plentiful in this area; fresh fruits, alcohol, food, it's all here in this area. My girlfriend and I ate at the stalls across the street inside the Ben Thanh Market to eat noodle soups, which costs around 2 USD, or 40,000 dongs. Crossing the street can be a problem for some people, but where THL is situated, you won't have to cross busy streets to get to everything I just mentioned. In the evenings around 7pm, when the Ben Thanh Market shuts down, a night market opens. You will see outdoor restaurants and vendors, along w/ stalls that you would see inside the Ben Thanh Market, such as clothing or handbags for example. Walking out the back entrance of THL, you will see the market, you don't even need to cross the street.

THL is also a sister hotel for New World Saigon, and we paid around 6-7 USD extra per day to use there fitness and spa facility. The facility at New world Saigon, located just 2 blocks away from THL, is a beautiful facility with a large pool and gym. The locker room is very clean, as well as the facility in general. My girlfriend and I started our day with a short workout and swim at New World, and we would also shower there as well; we were provided towels and a locker. We would head back to THL after our morning swim to eat breakfast. Prior to this trip, my girlfriend (who is Vietnamese) got me hooked on eating a baguette (or banh mi) with pate and a fried egg. She told me this is a type of breakfast eaten by a lot of Vietnamese. I ate this every morning at the hotel, along with a bowl of pho (Vietnamese noodles). Surprisingly, their pho is quite good and is better than most places in the states.

Taxi is very cheap in Saigon, and we always went with the two most reputable companies, which is Vinasun and Mai Linh. Taxi is always available in the front of the hotel; and there is always a doorman there to tell the taxi driver where we wanted to go. Always carry smaller change with you, such as 20,000 dong bills, so you don't give anyone the chance to tell you they don't have any change, bc that happened to me w/ a taxi driver.

I got a massage one night at the hotel, and it was around 20-25 USD, and it was probably one of the best massages I've ever had. For an hour, the masseuse who was a petite female in her late 20s, early 30s, kept up the pressure, and gave me a great massage that put me to sleep; my girlfriend even said I started to snore. Overall, I enjoyed my massage a lot, and I paid half or even more than that, for what I would have paid in the states. Overall, I was very satisfied with THL. There are hotels that are 20-30 USD per night in the area, but I will still choose THL. The location is perfect, along w/ their breakfast and access to New World Saigon's pool, I will be staying with them again the next time I return.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Thanh_Dat_Luu, General Manager at Silverland Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2012

Dear TerraCottaSoldiers,

Thank you for choosing Tan Hai Long Hotel & Spa for your most recent stay with us!

On behalf of my hotel team, allow me to extend our appreciation for your compliments about the Hotel on TripAdvisor. These such reviews are the utmost reward to us.

I will share your compliments among team and make sure your next stay at Tan Hai Long Hotel & Spa more enjoyable.

Reviewed 11 December 2012

The part I looked forward to most when staying at Tan Hai Long was the breakfast each morning! While most dishes weren't outstanding, most were above average and there is such a huge variety, from pho (made to order), omelettes (also made to order), congee, pork ribs, spring rolls, and list just goes on. Some dishes almost felt like it is for a dinner buffet.

The next best thing is its proximity to Ben Thanh market and night market. Feeling hungry at 10pm? No worries, just go downstairs and you have pho2000, pho24 and the night market restaurants.

Just a couple of negatives.

- there are a few tan hai long/silverland hotels in HCM. Be sure to give clear address details to your driver when arriving. I took a motorbike and didn't realize until I hopped off and had paid the motor taxi that I had been dropped off at another Silverland hotel. The concierge at this hotel hailed a taxi for me to go to the right hotel, and despite me showing him the address and a picture of Tan Hai Long, he actually had instructed the driver to go to ANOTHER silverland hotel. Can be a bit confusing...

- Room size was a bit small but perhaps this is quite standard for HCM. So far on this trip, I also found the bed at this hotel to be least comfortable. But I realize beds are a very personal thing...

- shower and toilet are in the same area and there is no curtain or door so when you shower, the whole toilet gets wet.

- I also had an issue with the fridge (bad smell and perhaps leaking oil from somewhere) which spoiled some fruit I had in the fridge. This was a comment I left on the feedback form so hopefully that will get fixed.

Besides these minor issues, my stay was very pleasant. The staff were polite and spoke good English.

I can also recommend going to KL spa. I had a great massage there with the 40% discount voucher that the hotel provided to its guests.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
Thanh_Dat_Luu, General Manager at Silverland Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2012

Dear LCBriz,

Warm greetings from Tan Hai Long Hotel & Spa!

I am very happy to hear that your most recent stay with us was enjoyable. However, a couples of your feedback must be something that we take a look into it seriously. Thank you for your time to help us improve.

I do apologize for any of inconvenience caused during the stay.

Please do consider me as you personal contact if there is plan to come back to Saigon in the near future.

Reviewed 10 December 2012

It is my first time to visited Vietnam, very impressed, a lot of motorcycles, I felt that I lost my way while I walked on the street at night . Actully, it is a nice city, very relax, slow life style. good for look around. I like it. I was living in a small Hotel, named Tan Hai Long Hotel and Spa. It is a small and tidy Hotel, service is great, and good price, and breakfast was ok for me , I choose the family room, it is a big and comfortable room, and clearn. The Hotel is nearby a Market where is sell the local things. I stay here for 4 days, very enjoyed it.

Room Tip: Family Room is great
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business

Dear Kitty760510,

Thank you for choosing Tan Hai Long Hotel & Spa for your most recent stay in Saigon!

On be half of our team, I would like to express our appreciation to your compliments on TripAdvisor. Although there are some respects that not make your stay perfect but we know we are on the right track of improving our service. It is all your compliments about mean to us.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if any further assistance required. We are look forward to welcoming you back to Tan Hai Long Hotel & Spa in the near future.

Reviewed 4 December 2012

The location of the hotel is fantastic and very close to the Ben Thanh market where there is plenty of food, drinks and fruit available - all within walking distance.

The service is top notch with the staff very attentive, helpful and friendly, we received a free upgrade for one of the rooms and complimentary airport shuttle service from the airport.
Oh, and breakfast buffet is fantastic here!! So many delicious foods to choose from.

We also utlised the spa facilities and got a hot stone massage - it was very relaxing and good way to spoil yourself! The massage room and towels used were very clean.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Thanh_Dat_Luu, General Manager at Silverland Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2012

Dear angllovetravel,

Thank you for choosing Tan Hai Long Hotel & Spa for your recent stay with us!

We are very happy to hear that you have enjoyed the stay and it is definitely the utmost reward to our level of service, for sure, I will share your compliments among team.

Reviewed 1 December 2012

Stayed from 26-30 Nov 2012.Hotel is nearby to the bustling city of HCM.Everything is walking distance.Weather is a bit warm.

Hotel deluxe room is a bit small and the view is been blocked.Faclities wise all ok.standard details with LCD TV.Room is clean and internet access is great.

Food are great and service is tip top.I recommend to stay around this area since there is halal food provided and 2 shops outside the hotel serving muslim food.Easy access to night market near the ben Than Market.

The tour organise by the hotel to Chu Ci tunnel is great.The Tour guide is helpful and excellent.It's a WTS travel company if not mistaken.

Spa was great due to promotion 40%.You may get additional 10% discount if you are a guest.Asked the receptionist.

Nvr take the airport transfer as the cab outside is cheaper than what the hotel offer.

Room Tip: Choose a room with view or bigger room.Deluxe does not mean nice view
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
Thanh_Dat_Luu, General Manager at Silverland Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2012

Dear Iszraei,

Warm greetings from Tan Hai Long Hotel & Spa!

On behalf of the Hotel team members, I would like to extend my truly thank for your compliments about us posted on TripAdvisor.

Although there were still some issues in regards to room features that not make your stay perfectly, but I think we are on the right track of pushing up our level of service. And, only this such review like yours can make it happen.