“Excellent value for money, Excellent housekeeping”

Roseland Point Hotel
Ranked #105 of 458 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Warwick, United Kingdom
“Excellent value for money, Excellent housekeeping”
Reviewed 31 July 2013

This was the second time that I'd stayed at this hotel (10 nights) and so used this visit as a confirmation of my original findings:

Very well managed (Huu Anh), very good housekeeping, and excellent reception service by Thuy An who is very helpful and a pleasure to know.

In terms of location you it was perfect - no noise, and very easy to get everyday things, find restaurants, etc.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on floors 2 to 4
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank AppleAdam

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Reviewed 3 July 2013

The rooms were big, clean and comfortable. The front desk staff was very helpful. I left my ATM card in an ATM and Huu Anh and Hong Anh were very helpful in getting it back. They called the bank for me, told me where to go to get it back and then reminded me the next day. Thuy An and Hong Anh were always able to give me directions or recommendations for whatever I wanted or where I wanted to go. They always greeted me with a "hello" and asked how my day was. I thought the location was very good, as it was close to the river and easily accessible the Ben Thanh Market, Bui Vien and Dong Khoi. My only complaint was that breakfast was somewhat limited and inconsistent; not as good later in the morning as on the days I was able to go early and sometimes not much of a selection beyond fruit and an omelette. The bathrooms were dated, with the tub/shower running to a drain on the floor. That being said, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Rijswijk, The Netherlands
Reviewed 3 July 2013

Although I had only a small room without a view to speak of I still enjoyed my stay here. The hotel is perfectly located, with Ben Than market almost on your doorstep and a large quantity and variety of small shops and eateries and cafes surrounding the hotel. Though in the middle of all the (touristic) action the hotel still felt ike a safe haven. Room B-604 was small but contained everything I needed or wanted, including a great shower and a good working AC. Very friendly and helpful staff that helped me a lot when I had problems with the wifi in my room.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 7 June 2013

Stayed in this hotel last year with my husband and our 10 year old son. We had good room rate which includes breakfast and was given a very spacious large room which i think can accomodate 5 people. No complaint :). Breakfast was selection of local foods, limited selection but good taste. The down side was our room did not face the road, instead it had view of stairs of the building next door and its wall.

Location wise, the hotel is very well located. 5 mins away from local market and few local food shops which some open until midnight. Right across the hotel is the Bitexco financial tower and about 10 mins walk to Bien Tanh market and ferry port, shall you plan to go to Vung Tau beach.

All and all, we enjoyed staying here, this hotel worth our money and recommended for family with kids above 5 years.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Mandaue City, Mandaue, Philippines
Reviewed 29 May 2013

The hotel gave us a good stay in Ho Chi Minh City. It was located near plenty of tourist spots such as the Ben Thanh Market, the Bitexco Financial Tower and other great spots. The only problem was we were transferred to another room of the same kind, but the new room was less functional. The temperature was still warm even with the air conditioner. The shower, as well as the toilet, does not function properly, but our stay became good because of their staff who kept giving positive vibes due to their happy faces. Their breakfast was also good.

Room Tip: Rooms located on the topmost floor give you a good view of the city.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 15 April 2013

The rooms are quite spacious but the air conditioning struggled to keep us cool in the extreme heat. We were offered an upgrade for one night of our two night stay, which we declined and were happy with the rooms we booked. Breakfast was limited but ok - recommend the freshly prepared pho for the best breakfast. There is a french bakery cafe on the same street (turn left out of the hotel and walk 100m or so and cross the road) which is fantastic. There is an upstairs air-conditioned dining area.

Room Tip: We stayed at the back of the hotel and rooms were quiet
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Karen C
TanHaiLong3, Front Office Manager at Roseland Point Hotel, responded to this review, 29 April 2013
Dear Ms.Karen C,
Thankyou so much for your kindly review to our hotel. By this great experience, we'd fixed and upgraded all hotel AC to make our Guest feel better in the heat of summer season in Vietnam. Also, we are so happy knowing that you did enjoy your holiday stay, and special, recommended the "Pho" prepared by our hotel's chef. We'd like to welcome you back and look forward to your helpful feedback.
Vo, Huong (Ms.)
Reviewed 7 April 2013 via mobile

Understandably this is a 3 star hotel, and as such you would expect issues. However, in comparison to other 3 star hotels that we have stayed at throughout Vietnam, this one is putrid. This is a small rant of issues, that you should be aware of:

1. We were given the usual customer service approach at reception- 'We have upgraded you to a deluxe room". What is meant here is, that all our rooms are pretty much all the same, but we will call it 'deluxe' so you feel that we are giving you that added service.
2. The 'deluxe' room (room 105) had a window with a view of the neighbours kitchen and a brick wall (2m outlook).
3. The air con controller was broken.
4. When the air con did work, it had a loud humming noise.
5. There was a 'rat eaten' mattress living in the corridor.
6. The shower and bath are not separate like advertised on the website.
7. The bed sheets and bath towels had stains all over them. Maybe ok, but who knows what the stain is?
8. There were 4 air con condensing units outside the window, dripping water onto the steel fire stairs all night (drip, drip, drip all night long).
9. The mini bar fridge kicks into a loud humming noise every 10 minutes.
10. When we asked if we could upgrade to a better room (willing to pay extra). The receptionist said that we had already been upgraded and that our final 2 nights of a 3 night stay would be downgraded to the standard room. I.e. we need you to pack your things up after settling in for your first night, so we can move you to another room. That's not annoying is it?

We would highly recommend you look elsewhere. The Eden or Duxton (costs a little more) are far better.
Regarding the location. It is on the outskirts of the CBD in the financial district. There are better options in terms of location.

Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Mark B
TanHaiLong3, Front Office Manager at Roseland Point Hotel, responded to this review, 24 April 2013
Dear Mr.Mark B,
We greatly appreciate your time to write a response, it is very important for our staff to address these problems in order to correct them. Your feedback is valuable to us. As we are learning everyday to achieve a satisfactory stay for our guests. We are currently looking into these issues to investigate and to improving our service. Customer satisfaction is our main concern.
Being a 2-star hotel, we have own standards and guidelines to follow to be able to compete with our competitors.We are doing our best to provide a safe and satisfactory accommodation for our guests.
As a remedy for this, I would like to invite you back for a free 1 night stay at our hotel.This complimentary stay will allows us to correct our mistakes and to provide you with a satisfactory stay at Tan Hai Long 3 Hotel. Please feel free to contact me through email or call my direct line at +84 909 839 008 the next time you're in town.
Once again, Thankyou and Best Regards,