“Tan Hai Long 3- Beware small superior room with no windows!”

Roseland Point Hotel
Ranked #98 of 462 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Not one of our best hotel experiences!
All the hotels selected for our trip through Vietnam were good to excellent. This is the one that was a big disappointment to us.
It is well located next to the Sky tower in District 1. That is probably its best feature.
As many boutique hotels in Vietnam are described this is a very thin frontage 9 storey (or so) building and as a consequence the rooms are small (at least the three we saw were).
We were shown to room 302, which was just about enough room to place a small double in. It had no windows nor did the tiny en-suite. We both experienced the insides of the Chu Chi tunnels without too much claustrophobia but one minute in this room prompted us to ask for a change!
After viewing a couple of other rooms we upgraded to a room on the seventh floor. It was larger, had a view to the rear but was in poor repair.
Within a short while of moving into this room, late evening, the door lock jammed trapping my wife in the bathroom. After spending some time trying to free her I called down and two obliging young men arrived, obviously concerned, with a tool bag and tried but also failed. After being trapped for 20 minutes my wife moved as far away from the door whilst the young men took it in turns to shoulder the door open. Leaning against the dated corner bath/shower caused it to come away from the wall, which was an accident waiting to happen.
Needless to say sleeping on it, we decided to move out first thing in the morning. Sadly, the reception staff were not too gracious as I paid for the ‘upgrade’ and left.
Maybe we were unlucky but this is a budget hotel with facilities that were not to our liking.
Breakfast was Vietnamese fare with little international options. It was served in a narrow ground floor room.
Just check you know what you are getting at this hotel before you book.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 17 January 2014

I stayed at this hotel for three nights and booked it as Silverlands Hotel (there are a few hotels by same name but it is the same hotel same street address and have checked all photos and saw my exact room) Anyway the hotel, staff and location were great - clean rooms and all facilities including restaurant/breakfast room were of a high standard. From reading the review posted by a traveller from Japan (assuming this as he mentioned the dispute was over pre-booking the Grand Suite paid for 3months earlier in Japanese Yen) - all I can say is - maybe expectations a little high for $85 per night for 3people in a suite or possibly next time stay at an up-market hotel chain that offers 'consistency across international borders/numerous countries' - then you get what you pay for' - just a thought. I also have the business card of the manager of this hotel and spoke with him during my stay of 3days - yes a male so was surprised you mentioned 'Jessica' the manager who apologised about your issues at check-in. I have nothing but praise for this hotel and the manager and his staff.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Most enjoyable stay here, very good service and a clean hotel. Some rooms are small, although upgrades are inexpensive. Would stay here again, seems to be close to everything. Right next to the Saigon skydeck which makes it very easy to locate where the path to get home. If you're interested in going up, it costs $10, although to get the same view visit the bar upstairs where a drink is $8.

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

We stayed 4 nights, the room was small but adequate, as we spent most of our time out in the city.
The room was clean but not spotless, the bathroom could of been cleaner but was ok.
There is free wifi, usual tea & coffee & minibar. The bed was hard and very squeaky, but we slept ok.
The location is great, its walking distance to most major sights.
Breakfast is buffet style with some western & asian food. But get in early if you want a good selection as they dont seam to replenish the dishes too often. The coffee was good.
Overall a good budget choice for a short stay. We would stay again.

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 19 December 2013

This hotel is an absolute must in Saigon. We stayed here as a couple for 4 nights and originally booked a standard room for $40 per night. After checking in we realised that the room had no window, it was like residing in a moist coffin. We immediately returned to reception and demanded an upgrade, they apologised and upgraded us to a suite free of charge which was worth $80 per night!

The room had a hot tub with a dolphin shaped tap, the bathroom stank of mould and made me and my wife both gag due to the smell of rot. The room had fake pillars and the paint work was several years old, it attempted to give the impression of grandeur but utterly failed.

My wife was appalled and left the hotel in a huff, as you can expect after being exposed to such terrible surroundings. I immediately phoned down to reception to complain. In response the receptionist sent a maid up to the room for further inspection. The maid entered in sexually provocative clothing, her skirt barely covered her backside. She approached me without saying a word and before I knew it her hand was cupping my package. 30 minutes later I was happy with the room and my wife returned to the hotel accepting the fact that we cannot always stay in perfect establishments.

I would strongly recommend complaining to reception if you are not happy with your room, believe me their service is top quality.

Room Tip: Only book a suite or you will not get a window.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Alex B
Reviewed 25 November 2013

We stayed two nights at this hotel, just before leaving Saigon, and we experienced two days with no water or only cold water, at best. Our superior/de luxe room (60 USD per night) was spacious, well kept and clean, the bathroom was ok. However the A/C system is very noisy. Breakfast was modest, and not based on western taste. After one shower on arrival, we had no water or only cold water for two days. When we complained about that, the receptionist sent a waiter to our room with a pot of boiled water. We had fun at this offer, and took it easy. On checking out, the manager offered a free transfer to the airport (about 150.000 VND or 7-8 USD = 5% discount). The location is quite good, between the riverside and the Opera House, a walking distance from Saigon Square and the Central Market. Yet the place is quiet. Should the water system work, our rate would be better.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank peder22
Reviewed 23 November 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights. The location is great, only few walks to city and shopping center. The service was very good, only complainted that the housekeeping team talked very loudly around 08:00 front of your door. The facilities were quite old and my deluxe room was small, very basic but quite clean and no window. It was around 14m2 only. The double bed in fact was combined by 2 single beds. It has the gap in between so I did not feel comfortable. The bathroom was very old fashion style. The breakfast was good with Vietnamese cusine. The hotel will be much better if the owner spend some money to renovate the facilities.

Room Tip: You should choose the room with window.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business