“Nice hotel”

Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Nice hotel”
Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

Thien Thao Hotel
This is a great wee hotel for the price - we paid £46 ( ) for three nights, including breakfast - that's not too far from the main part of town. Once you get the hang of the traffic, walking to the main attractions is pretty much a nice 20 minute walk.

The room was a decent size, with a large, comfortable bed - albeit two singles crashed together, and clean bedding. The bathroom especially could do with some tlc and upgrading, but the shower was hot and powerful.

A nice selection at breakfast, the only thing that let it down was on our last morning when we were leaving at 7am. Breakfast should have started at 6.30, but wasn't set up when we got down a few minutes after. It finally arrived around 6.45 so we had time to grab a quick bite before the taxi arrived (pre-paid thee being before at reception, so avoids any haggling.)

All in all, this is a nice home from home if you plan on being out most of the day.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank James M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 26 January 2014

I can not say enough about what an amazing group of people they have at this establishment. My friends and I only stayed two days but felt like family because of how well we were treated. I wouldn't dream of staying anywhere else in sai gon

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 18 January 2014

I pretty much agree with the reviews I've read on TA. District 3 has few tourists yet it's a 10 min $3 taxi ride to district 1. The pancake / omelette place across the road is great. Booking, service, room, wifi etc were all OK. Breakfast was ample but the hot food was cold. I'd read you get tea, coffee etc but no cup; it's true! I 'borrowed' one from the dining area. I booked a Happy Tour Mekong tour at the hotel which was all fine until drop off. I was 'dumped' in District 1 with all the others and ended up in a 'fake' taxi and ripped off. Thien Thao were good about it though and refunded part of my money.

Room Tip: I asked for rooms to the rear (before and after tour) and they were fine; no noise.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Espoo, Finland
Reviewed 7 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed for one night in Thien Thao. Room was great, 8th floor. Good beds, clean, a bit worn out room with ac and safety deposits in the room. Some holes in the linen, but they were clean, as everything.
Brilliant sleep in a noisy area. No noise after 8 pm. We got to the breakfast during rush hour and seats were taken by travellers planning their routes. When we got a table, lots of dishes were finished, but we managed to eat well anyway. Our only true disapointment was the airport taxi voucher service. The driver asked for toll fees after dropping us off at the wrong terminal. The toll fees were supposed to be included in the voucher fee. So we argued with the driver and he kept asking for more money til we got furious and left. This is not the hotels fault, other than they sold us a service that did not work as promised. Vietnamese taxi drivers...

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Tarja J
ThienThao, General Manager at Thien Thao Hotel Ho Chi Minh City, responded to this review, 7 January 2014
Dear. Ms. Jarja,

Thank you so much for your visiting us recently. We believe that the Airport drop off Taxi driver was the point that make your trip turn down during your staying with us. Thank you so much for your understanding that this was not our fault. We have had a time to speak tieh my co-operation Taxi Company, and they aplogize for this thing happened. A email was sent to you last night to explain about this situation and I hope that it will work well. Please enjouy your rest days in Vietnam and we are looking forward to welcome you back.
Aomori, Japan
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Staff was fantastic, very very helpful. Room was good . Breakfast was great. I liked that the hotel is not in District 1(too touristy). Across the street are 6 big restaurants and are all very popular with Vietnamese family's especially on Saturday's and Sundays's.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Somerset, Kentucky, USA
Reviewed 9 October 2013

The hotel was good compare to other comparably price at Ho Chi Minh city. The receptionist was very friendly when I check in the room, and he also speak English quite well. Good experience. Overall the stay was good. The bed was comfy and the food service was not all that bad.

Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank William H
Reviewed 13 September 2013 via mobile

We have stayed at the thao thien hotel for the last four days and are leaving for nha trang tonight ,I have to say this would be the best hotel I have stayed at in Ho Chi Minh city ,the staff are extremely helpful and really go out if there way to help ,my father being old decided he needed a walking frame to help him around I asked the girl at front desk where I could buy one in lest than thirty minutes one had arrived at the hotel put together at no cost to the hotel ,I would say also that the tours we arranged at the hotel were excellent value and a lot cheaper than most other tour company's Mekong day trip only 22 dollars pp including lunch ,once again big thank you to all the staff for making our stay a most enjoyable one

Stayed September 2013, travelled with family