“First night on our first trip to South East Asia”
Review of Nguyen Khang Hotel

Nguyen Khang Hotel
Ranked #130 of 458 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Reviewed 7 December 2013

We found this hotel using some booking website and went for it because of good price they offred and location was also handy for us. After booking we contacted them regarding some tips how to get around buying tickets for HCMC - Hanoi train. We had quite a tight schedule for two week trip so it was very important to have some things sorted before. Their reply to my e-mail was too good to be true at first, because I haven't expected they'd sort everything for us so conviniently. We stayed there also on our last night of the trip and used pick up and drop off service for the airport. Good value, very helpful, I recommend!

Room Tip: They have some rooms with no windows for the outside, so don't be surprised... It's a common...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank WojtekOMB
There are newer reviews for Nguyen Khang Hotel

Reviewed 5 December 2013

The pick up from the airport was early, and the driver was very courteous and careful with his driving. Arriving at the hotel at midnight, I was welcomed warmly by Ms Li. She did not ask for my payment right away; instead, she was concerned with what I probably needed at that time. She even gave me a glass of lemonade.
All my questions and concerns throughout my stay were addressed in the best possible way. Ms Li even accompanied me to a currency exchange place (leaving her post for some minutes), and called for a taxi for me several times. She personally prepared my dinner (noodles) one time. She also arranged a city tour for me. The other receptionist (Ms Huong) was also kind and honest. When I was about to pay for my airport pick up, she reminded me that I already paid for it when I settled my bill.

I also enjoyed the free breakfast. Like previous reviews, this is the best budget hotel in a very good location in HCM.

The only thing negative I can say is that some of the guests talk loudly along the hallway, unmindfull of the other guests. However, this is not a problem caused by the hotel personnels, right?

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank joahna
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Basic but clean hotel! We had a fourth floor room which was very quiet considering the location. The staff were warm and friendly and very attentive. Only slight moan is that the breakfast was limited but the fact the staff gave advice on future travel plans made up for that.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Toolmeister100
Reviewed 2 December 2013 via mobile

Pick up from the airport was flawless, on time, clean car, safe driver.

Stayed here for four nights. First night there was a problem with my air conditioner, so second day I was moved to smaller room, third and fourth day I had a big room with fantastic view - the night in the smaller room was charged at the lower price without me even asking.

The breakfast was good, the rooms were clean. The management was fantastic, everyone who works here is absolutely lovely and friendly and helpful.

When I return to HCMC in the future this is the only place I'll stay.

• Stayed: November 2013
3  Thank LittleRunner168
Reviewed 1 December 2013

This place was recommended by one of my friend, who stayed at this place quite often. I was very pleased with the hotel. It was not so difficult to locate, rooms were clean and also had breakfast. The reception was knowledgable and also helped us book tours and bus tickets. It is also located in the backpacker area, which makes it convenient for everything.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank VyshakMV
Reviewed 30 November 2013

one of the best value for money hotel, grateful for support and hospitality forwarded by staff as specially ms. tu. Even free wifi access across room, clean, beautiful, supportive in each information and booking of bus or daily trips arrangements. will come again

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Sandeep B
Reviewed 29 November 2013

I stay serveral holtel . before I stay here . I have to say I love it . not just the price . staff are wonderful , they very helpful . highly recommend. it a distance to everywhere around the city .
I love "ben thanh " market . it right there . all the food you need all the shopping . don't have to go far .. now I know where to stay for my next visit ..

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business