“Friendly staff”

Nguyen Khang Hotel
Ranked #132 of 458 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
“Friendly staff”
Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

Very helpful staff, good location to shops and bars. Adequate rooms for the price and clean also. Happy with the overall experience. Would definitely stay again when in HCMC. The guy on reception can't do enough to help you out

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Meg O

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Korean first
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 20 April 2014

I booked direct with the hotel and was given a quotation for the duration of my stay which I confirmed. When I was about to pay, the hotel manager, the owner himself, said he made a mistake and was charging me more than what we agreed on. I have considered other hotels with similar high ratings but chose Nguyen Khang because it gave me the lowest price. Have I known that I would have to pay more, I should have chosen another hotel much closer to Ben Tanh.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Connie888_12
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Our final stay in Vietnam was in Ho Chi Minh City. We arrived from the beautiful, relaxing Phu Quoc into the hustle and bustle of Ho Chi Minh City. After advice from trip advisor we booked here at Nguyen Khang hotel and were very pleased. The reception is amazing, the hotel is very clean (they even ask all patrons to remove shoes in the lobby to decrease incoming dirt, and the rooms are a nice size. The stairs are a killer, but werent an issue for us. We chose a windowless room (unless you count the window into the hallway) and found this totally fine for our needs. We were offered an upgrade if we wanted, but didnt mind at all. We got a lot of advice on places to visit, were offered taxi bookings and really enjoyed the food and service. They were very good at reminding us to be careful of potential pick pockets and were genuinely concerned for our well being and enjoyment. There was a minor issue with wifi when we arrived which they very quickly attended to. This is a great hotel to stay in, perfect location in the back packers district and wonderful staff.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Very clean hotel, warm And accommodating staff, even the Manager he help us. I recommend this hotel to everyone who wants to stay in Vietnam. Thank you for taking care of us during our stay there, for the goog food and assistance. Great hotel to stay. Thank you Ngoc and Me. Huy.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank AnnitaNiJab
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 10 April 2014

We found a cheaper hotel around the corner in the main district. The room was a shoe box- there were people working on the hotel outside our window which couldn't be helped. But it did come with a toilet & shower. There were power issues while we were there, meaning that the wifi and lights were useless, but the hotel did it's best to cope with this. You get a complimentary breakfast, although it was quite poor. This sounds very picky so I'l get to my main point. The Washing service is ridiculous. I can't remember how much it cost but it was basically almost the same amount it costs to stay there a night. And this is to collect it dumped in a bag. For this price back home I can get my coats dry cleaned. Stick to the back packer's washing in the sink basin with shampoo. I think it was ten Australian dollars for a couple items. On check out, there was a man in the lobby smoking a cigarette and ashing out on the ground. It left a bitter taste in my mouth about this place. For such a high ranking on trip advisor there must surely be a better place to stay in Ho Chi Minh.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Natashaszew
Surfers Paradise, Australia
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Stayed here in March and had no problems.
It is a basic hotel but clean and close to most things.
The first time I stayed for 4 nights then went to Cambodia and stayed another 4 nights when I got back.
Ms. Huong always replied to my email inquiries promptly.
I booked this hotel because of the closeness to the Mekong Express bus stop. Just a two - three minute walk from Nguyen Khang but there are a lot of other tour buses that stop there as well.
All staff I found to be very friendly and very helpful. They will help you with any requests that you may have.
On arrival I got a free cool drink but they also seem to give you a free cool drink when you’re just sitting in the lobby.
I booked a room with the window facing the corridor but was given a room with a window instead. I stayed in room 501 and if you do not like stairs or have a lot of luggage, I would recommend a room on either floor 2 or 3 anything above is a bit of a hike but I had no problems with it. 501 can be a bit hot when you first get back to your hotel during the day but they do have air cons in the rooms.
I also stayed in room 502 which is smaller than 501. The only downsides with these rooms is that it is near the washing room, so you can hear the washing machine through the walls and they do washing late at night as well but it was not a problem for me. The WIFI in room 501 kept cutting out but I found it was much better in room 502.
Both rooms had double beds, TV with lots of channel choices and air con.
Rooms were also cleaned every day.
There are plenty of places to eat around here as well.
Breakfast is included but as I had a tour every day I did not try it but the owner of the hotel offered me free beef noodle soup as it was my last night. Great way to feel welcomed. Thank you very much it was delicious!
I would definitely recommend staying here but do take into account which room you would like as there are no elevators.

Room Tip: "Choose a room between the 2nd and 3rd floor as there are no elevators if you have too much lug...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Gryka
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights then went to Can Tho for a night and came back again for another night. Even though the staff struggle with English they all did their best to accommodate our family. Rooms are basic but what you need whilst there. Breakfast is also very basic but included in the price so we weren't complaining. A great little hotel and very central. Would stay again if back in Saigon.

Room Tip: If you don't like stairs ask for the bottom floors!!! Rooms at the back that d not get the after...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family