“Adequate, Clean, Good Service”
Review of Hoang Linh Hotel

Hoang Linh Hotel
Ranked #406 of 459 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Reviewed 10 July 2013

This hotel is in a good location within walking distance of many of the sites we were interested in seeing. The room was clean, A/C was strong, and the hotel has an elevator which is a nice luxury in this price range. There is good nightlife within easy walking distance. We booked onward travel through the hotel and were treated fairly.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Hoang Linh Hotel

Reviewed 23 June 2013

This little hotel was really clean and staff here is friendly. Location is excellent right in the backpackers area but suprised quiet at night. will stay here again.
Choose a room with 1 double and 1 single bed

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 June 2013

I used to stay at this hotel all the time when I m travel in Vietnam.this time I place my wallet n luggage at my room.after the housekeeper make up my room when I return back from shopping.i found out I had lost 300usd in my wallet.such a bad housekeeper,she is new staff.the old staff was ok.beware the new housekeeper...don't put any money inner luggage otherwise u will get the same case that I face it..such a bad experience in Vietnam..they should put CCTV camera on every floor to prevent housekeeper theft,,,,bear in mind

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Thierryeurope
Reviewed 21 May 2013 via mobile

The service here is so good. We got so much help with booking tours and buses and flights onwards from Ho Chi, and the staff was always friendly. Localisation is good and rooms ok, surprisingly quiet, though some ants here and there. Wi fi was a bit on and off, but worked in the reception. Breakfast was simple but very good!

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed 17 October 2012

Finding a hotel in back packer is not really complicated at all. It will all depend on your budget. I stayed here twice and I would say it's just "okay" given the money that you pay.
The room has AC the TV sometimes no cable channels.

My only advise is bring your own towels. The towels they provide is filthy and not very clean looking.

The location is very walk-able in all areas of District 1.

Room Tip: Choose a higher floor with window
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 May 2012

Great location from bus drop off point, just a short 2 minute walk. Bargained a standard double with a/c for $14 plus extra $1 per person for breakfast if we wanted. Located just a short walk from the main street bars just turn right at the crazy buffalo for 10,000 dong saigon or 20,000 vodka mixers.
The room was basic, fridge, tv, big window however it was on the front of the building and although we were up on the 5th floor you could still here some street noise. There is an elevator which is a bonus no need to carry your bag up the stairs.
We were advised it was unlikely the wifi would work on the 5th floor but the next day we could move to a lower floor and the wifi would work and for the mean time we could sit in the lobby area. There is also a computer for guests use in the lobby. Unfortunately we were not getting wifi connections on either the laptop or smart phone so we decided to ask about the other room. They were wanting to charge us the same price for a smaller room with no window and two single beds, not a double so we stayed in our current room. The wifi however was still not connecting even when we were sittting right next to the router, we were eager to plan our next trip to Cambodia and we had flights to book so the internet was an important feature. (Some staff were also very secretive when giving out the wifi password, i was not allowed to keep the bit of paper they had written it on. Even though i explained i needed the password again for my laptop!)
After two days of no internet we checked out. Breakfast was very basic baguette and a fried egg for $1 i would search about in Cafe's.
For good food great portion sizes and cheap go down bar street (right at the crazy buffallo) keep walking and you will see Lam Cafe or Hello Saigon - same place just over opposite sides of the street - very good food ate here 3 nights in a row also the strawberry milkshakes are great.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 January 2012

As stated in my title, this hotel is located 3 doors away from the famous Sinh Tourist (travel agency) and barely 3 minutes walk to multiple bars/clubs. Just a stone's throw away is a bar that has live music performances every night.

There are many rooms, five floors - they have a lift and stairs.

The room I stayed in is pretty small. Tiny bathroom/toilet. This feels like a 'no frills' hotel to me, I have no complains as I am not fussy when it comes to accommodation, as long as it is clean and not dodgy.

Guy at the reception is really friendly. On my first night in HCMC, I went out till pretty late (eve of X'mas eve...) and they've locked the doors - good security. I stood outside for a few minutes with another traveler who was staying in the same hotel and was locked out. The guy eventually woke up and opened the door (I was staying there with my mum for 2 nights, she had to knock on his door to wake him). The next night, he told my mum that he will stay up and wait till I get back before locking up. :)

At the entrance of the hotel, there's a tour desk. My friend and I booked a trip to Cu Chi Tunnels with them (we were transferred to another tour agent on the day of our trip anyway).

Good service, okay rooms.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family