“Ok place but sure if looked could find better” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Hotel

Holiday Hotel
Ranked #75 of 820 Ho Chi Minh City B&B and Inns
essex
“Ok place but sure if looked could find better”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2012

Stayed here one night. Got in late, left early but wasnt impressed with time was there

• Stayed March 2012

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Brisbane
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2011

Ive stayed at this hotel many times, and it is great. The prices are very reasonable, and include breakfast. The hotel also provides free wi-fi in the entire property, and is conveniently located near KFC and convenience stores. The rooms are beautiful and contain elegant furniture and TOTO branded bathroom fittings, making it feel a little luxe without the price. Overall, this is a hotel worth its price. GREAT!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank tcnguyen91
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2010

First time in HCMC... arrived at Holiday Hotel, staff took my bags. Check in was efficient, taken to room shown safe and how electronics work, informed breakfast, location etc. Staff very helpful with info and good english.
7mins walk from Ben Tanh market, lots of little restaurants and markets around hotel, cabs very quick and easy to get (staff will do it for you). Breakfast is basic but sufficient. Room clean, tidy, spacious, relatively quiet. Feel safe and secure. Beds are hardish.. but that's generally asian beds for you. Good value for money. I'm fussy and this was a very positive experience.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank reviewingdec2010
Kowloon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2010

I would like to share my experience wih this hotel.
I have been to this hotel 3 times between July 2009 - Jan 2010 and I found the manager of this hotel Dung and Viet they are great with friendly and helpful manner.
We ask them advices for rent car or local tour they used to give us choices and we have to decided on our own consideration. The communication between tour company and the traveller must make it clear before you pay for it to avoid any confused .
The hotel location very good it is near by Ben Thanh market in the central of Sai Gon ( Ho Chi Minh city ). The staff at there very kindly to give you some tips for your own safety when you travel around in town. I stay there with my mom who 70 years old ,you can feel as home with their warmly care to guest.
Breakfast at there not thing special , hopefully there can be something special as (banh cuon Ho Tay) or (Pho Ga) for the breakfast it will be great.
The hygience of towels and dusty at room can be improve is much appreciate.
I used to recomment to my friend who travell to Sai Gon that the best choice to stay at the Holiday Hotel Q 1 Ly Tu Trong.

• Stayed January 2010
1 Thank mailoanla
new york city
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2010

i stayed in this hotel for a few days and the place is excellent on all levels .
the staff were very nice and was helpful on any concerns you had about the city .
there are computers to use for free and the breakfast was simple and good .
eggs and bread are given to you in the morning .
the rooms were large and clean and bathroom was nice .
i would stay here again .
also they will help you with any tours you need to set up unless you go to the many agencies through out the city .
this hotel is a few blocks from the famous market they have around the corner .

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank davidejagger
winnipeg
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2010

My boyfriend and I wanted to go to Vung Tau (a beach 1 hr away from HCMC) and asked the manager, Viet, if he knew of any good buses that would take us there. He advise me that Tuan Travel was reliable and more so than the well-known Sinh Cafe Bus so he gave me the number to contact them and I booked Tuan Travel. Tuan Travel asked me hand them the money the day before our departure and it was $7US per person which I had no problems in paying. The next day when the driver picked my boyfriend and I up tp catch our so-called air-conditioned bus for our trip to Vung Tua. To our disappointed, it was a mini van that seated 8 people & instead was cramped with 14 people. In the middle of our trip, the driver stopped to ask for payment of each of the passengers for $55,000 Dong ($3) right in front of my face and right there was when I realized they charged my boyfriend and I double the price. When we got to Vung Tau where I met up with a friend, he asked how much we paid for our ride to Vung Tau and was shocked to hear it was $160,000 Dong ($7 per person) that we had to pay. My friend and a few others advised us that we got ripped off and that the manager of the hotel also gets commision for recommending the place to us. I know $7 is cheap and i can well afford it but it's the principle. If you want to rip me off do it discreetly and not in front of my face. Don't let me see that everyone pays $3 while my boyfriend and I pay $7 because we're foreigners. Also, when we wanted to stay an extra day and asked for a copy of our reciept that we paid for an extra day the manager felt offended and refuse to give us a reciept. Also, the ceiling of the washing was not completed so u can see the electricals hanging out from the hole in the ceiling which is very hazardous. Don't quite recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
hawaii
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2009

I'm from Hawaii, I have been travel to Vietnam multiple occasions, and stay at all different type of hotels from 5 stars to service apartment, and this hotel give me the best services, very helpful staffs, very warm, make us feel like family. I never have this kind of feeling thru out my traveling experience, I'm glad I found this hotel by this website. I would recommend any one planning to travel to Vietnam, please stay at this hotel and enjoy your trip.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with friends