“Good, comfortable place!”

Thien Hong Guesthouse
Ranked #302 of 964 Ho Chi Minh City B&B and Inns
Reviewed 8 July 2013

I arrived late, about 9pm from the bus and ended up at Thien Hong, which was very clean and the owners were very sweet and helpful. The next day she gave me a map and also offered me good prices for transport and tour tickets (sometimes better than in the main street) which gave me good negotiation ability and a nice introduction to Vietnam. My room was very nice (I picked a front room as the air-con was super quiet there, which meant a little more street noise than a back room), but all the rooms were attractively presented. I was used to paying less in Cambodia for a nice room, so can't be sure about value, and sleep is never going to be easy in the middle of a big city on Saturday night with the nightclubs going in the background, but these are no faults of the owner an all in all it was a very nice place to stay, that I was happy with!

Room Tip: Back rooms are quieter, but some had a strong smell from the cleaning, and I ended up in a front roo...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 26 June 2013

This is clean hotel. They actually ask visitors to leave their shoes outside. The gate is closed between 10 pm and 7 am. There is no elevator. Rooms are clean and nice looking. Bathroom is the type that floor is always wet after shower. (Don't forget your slippers.) The location is quiet because this is not close to main roads. But if you are affraid of narrow alleys don't come here. Owners are helpful and they like to make bookings, call taxi, sell water bottles or deliver your laundry. And all with reasonable price. If I travelled to Ho Chi Minh City again I would consider to return this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 June 2013

Stayed for 3 nights in one of their cheapest rooms. The rooms was not very large but was well appointed, clean and comfortable. The couple running the place were very friendly and helpful. We will definitely consider going back there..

Room Tip: Not all rooms include windows..and even if you have one, chances are that you will be facing a wall...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 May 2013

We were very happy to find this guesthouse after arriving in HCMC at 6am. The rooms were very clean with en suite and was very good value for money, also the owners helped us book the bus to Cambodia and done it for a good price! Recommend staying here

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 24 December 2012

The room was comfy and spacious, not forgetting the affordable price that was quoted. There were streets noises that affected my sleep at night, but hey! It is a busy city afterall. The noises lessen overtime and the street becomes peaceful after that. Had abit of difficulty communicating with the people at the front desk, however some simple body language helped. Will consider staying with them if I return to HCM city again.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 December 2012

This little hotel is run by the loveliest couple! I actually stayed here for more than 2 weeks, as I was looking for a job in HCMC, and felt welcome and safe staying at Thien Hong and because they gave me a fair deal. The room I stayed in was on the top floor. It was a small room, but it had a great balcony. The balcony could've done with a clean up, though. The man always asked me how I was doing and opened the gates for me every time I came back late to the hotel, and never seemed bothered - they close the gates at 10pm but there is a bell outside.
They arrange trips and other things too but they don't force anything on you, which was also very pleasant. They can do laundy for you as well.

To sum it all up, I don't think there are many places where you will find a good deal, feel safe, and run by friendly people, as in Thien Hong. I'll be back!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 November 2012 via mobile

What a lovely little place, right next door to saigon Youth hostel, it's down a main alley between Pham Ngu Lao and bui vien (main backpacker area ) but given its busy location its far enough down the alley that the noise doesn't reach you, maybe it depends what floor your on or what side of the building?

The couple that own it are so so friendly and always willing and waiting to help, myself and my friends booked quite a few trips through them and they were cheaper or the same as the ones being sold by agents on the street. They have a nice leaflet with set prices so you can see it nice and clearly, you may be able to haggle but the prices are so good we didn't bother. They also don't bug or hassle you either and I never felt pressured into booking through them or that I was being had.

I would definitely come back and recommend this place, the rooms were cheap very clean and equipped with ac, a fan, a fridge and large flat screen tv, we were 3 sharing and paid $6 each, oh and that's with your own bathroom with a hot shower! The rooms are not big in any way shape or form but was just right for what we needed.

Really good value for money.

Update: went back here and stayed for a night on the first floor at the front of the building, this room was noisier as you could here bikes going through the alley from the early hours - although I am a very light sleeper!

• Stayed: November 2012