“Wonderful hotel and staff”

InterContinental Saigon Hotel
Ranked #8 of 457 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
“Wonderful hotel and staff”
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Although not the cheapest hotel in HCMC, the price is well worth it. The hotel staff are all very helpful and friendly. When I sent in a comment about a minor issue during my stay, I immediately got a response from the staff. I love the food, from the breakfast buffet to in-room dining, everything tasted sumptuous!

It was also quite a treat that they gave me free laundry for 2 pieces of clothing for each night of stay in the hotel.

The room is quite relaxing, making you want to go back staight to your room after a hard day's work.

It is also conveniently located beside a lot of very good restaurants around. Hard Rock Cafe is also just around the corner.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Michaela S, Director of Sales & Marketing at InterContinental Saigon Hotel, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
Thank you very much for your kind words.

I will pass the compliments to our colleagues across the hotel, thank you once again.

I am very glad you enjoyed the food in our hotel. If you are planning to come back for Christmas or New Year, we will also add special treats (lunches and dinners) and entertainment to make sure that our guests who decide to spend the festive season with us really enjoy their time.

As you said, Hard Rock Cafe is in our building. It is the only Hard Rock Cafe in Chi Minh City and is in deed very popular.

I wish you a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year and we sincerely hope to see you again.

Best regards from all of us,

Director of Sales & Marketing

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (540)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed 29 November 2013

Excellent 5 star quality hotel; very conveniently located within walking distance to my work as well as leisure. Quite close to old quarter and its restaurants. Great team of staff - we were well looked after.

Room Tip: Pay extra to enjoy the Club facilities - enjoy the evening views over a glass of wine.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Michaela S, Director of Sales & Marketing at InterContinental Saigon Hotel, responded to this review, 1 December 2013
Thank you very much for your feedback Michael B.

I am glad that you enjoyed our Club Lounge facilities, it is a very peaceful place with spectacular views of Ho Chi Minh City.

We look forward to welcoming you back, please do not hesitate to contact me on my e-mail address: Michaela.Smith@ihg.com before your next arrival. I will be very happy to help with your reservation and say hello in person once you are in the hotel.

Thank you again and I am sending the best regards from all of us.

Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 November 2013

Good quality Hotel with helpful and friendly staff. Rooms were what you expected. Buffet restaurant with eight cooking stations was exceptionally good at all sessions. Wife forgot her prescription tablets and concierge found a stocking pharmacy just five minutes from the Hotel

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback. We are really glad to hear that our colleagues helped to make your stay a pleasant one.

Thank you also for the positive comment on our Buffet. Especially our Sunday Brunch is considered to one of the best ones in Ho Chi Minh City as it offers a huge selection of food, including sea food and of course, free flow of Champagne.

Thank you once more and please come back again.

Best regards from InterContinental Asiana Saigon

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Convenient location, nice suite, excellent service, nice lounge with VERY attentive/proactive staff, reliable concierge team, great sense of service and lovely smiles everywhere.
Nice Ambassador recognition as well
absolutely perfect from airport pickup to drop off
thumbs up to the team

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you very much for your lovely review.

I will definitely pass your compliments to our team on the Club Lounge, they will be delighted to hear your feedback.

Our Club Lounge is an extremely popular feature of InterContinental Asiana Saigon as it offers a tranquility and exclusivity to our clients. We try to make it an exceptional experience for all our guests as we realize that we all need to relax after a long day at work or after exploring the busy Ho Chi Minh City during the holidays.

Thank you once again and we hope to see you in Saigon soon again.

Best regards,

Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 26 November 2013

This is a nice hotel, however people need to take a WARNING about the Intercontinental IHG Points system. It really AWFUL. They try to promote Ambassador memberships and they try to get people to sign up for point bonus offers, however if your not careful then your going to get screwed. Some key things to know:

1 - You will only get 2000 points per STAY. So if you stay one night, or seven nights in a row, then you still only get 2000 points. So make your short stay bookings here, but if you want points, then make your long-stay bookings somewhere else.

2 - If you book two rooms at the same time then you will only get credit for one room. Even if it is your kids staying in the other room. I just found this out the hard way when I signed up for a "special" they had advertised for an additional 1000 points per night. We spent 3 nights there and I was told by their website reservations people that I would get 10,000 points, but then the points people rejected this due to some fine print and I only got 5000 points. Needless to say, I am pretty pissed off about this.

It typically takes about 25,000 points for a free night. So that means that you have to travel 13 separate times to ever get a free room. It does not matter if you stayed in a room two or three days per each visit.

Plus, to rub salt in the wound....I paid for the Ambassador membership because I travel a lot and they promise a room upgrade for each stay. I travel enough so that I know the room layouts and I can tell you that their are no room upgrades. I'm staying in the same rooms that I stayed in back before i upgraded to Ambassador level.

Come on Intercontinental, get your act together or you will lose my business for good.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
5 Thank Chuck L
Thank you for your taking time and sending us the feedback in regards to the points.

Could I please ask you to send me your contact details to my e-mail: Michaela.Smith@ihg.com

We would like to get in touch with you and follow up on your comments.

Thank you in advance and best regards from Saigon,

Townsville, Australia
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Great standard hotel in an easy location. The deluxe room is kitted out as you would expect, clean lines, functional and very clean.

Big bathroom that opens up to the main sleeping area via a moveable wall. View over the city and the hecticness of the roads below.

Buffet breakfast was as good as any I have had worldwide. Friendly staff and great location.

Would stay again.

Room Tip: Get a room higher up the building for a good view.
1 Thank Robwg
Thank you very much for taking time and sending us your feedback. We very much appreciate it.

Thank you for the compliments on the Buffet breakfast, we try to cater for all the nationalities as the hotel welcomes guests from all over the world.

Our hotel is the newest one in the city center and as you mentioned, our rooms are modern and most spacious in Ho Chi Minh City.

Thank you once again for staying with us, we hope to see you soon again and I am sending the best regards to Australia.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

True to the Intercon chain of hotels, this one is nothing short of great. Had a great stay here and the buffets are a must try. Conveniently located in district one and close to all the shopping areas and amenities. However, please take care in crossing the roads here as it can be quite chaotic, and haggle, haggle when you visit streets stalls.

Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank HARRISer
Thank you very much for your feedback. We are truly grateful that we made your stay a pleasant one.

As you mentioned, we are located very close to all the major attractions of Ho Chi Minh City. Saigon Opera House, Notre-Dam Cathedral and Post Office are all a walking distance from us.

We hope we will have the chance to welcome you back very soon.

Best regards from the whole team of InterContinental Asiana Saigon,