“Luxury hotel downtown”

InterContinental Saigon Hotel
Ranked #8 of 475 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Reviewed 1 December 2013

We stayed one night. We chose an Intercontinental Club Room on the 18th floor and the room was great with a nice corner view. Swimming pool was very nice. Spa, where we had a session of massages, was amazing and very well managed. This brand gives you everything in every part of the world.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Michaela S, Director of Sales & Marketing at InterContinental Saigon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Thank you so much for your review. It means a lot to us.

I can confirm that the massages in our InterContinental Spa are amazing. The girls are true professionals. The specialty is four hands massage, definitely wroth trying out.

We very much hope we will have the chance to see you very soon.

Thank you once again for staying with us and I wish you a lovely day.

Director of Sales & Marketing

Write a ReviewReviews (2,632)

Reviewed 1 December 2013

Stayed there for 2 nights for business.

I initially was allocated a room but I didn't like the noise coming from the neighbouring room's TV and asked to change. I was pleasantly upgraded to a corner room which was much bigger! The room amenities are new, and each came with a huge LED flat screen TV. The bathroom was huge and comes with a standing bathtub which was nice, with separate shower.

The breakfast was gorgeous, and the spread was amazing. I was rushing to have breakfast on Friday for my meetings so I didn't pay attention if they offered sugar cane drink or fresh coconut. I certainly didn't hesitate to order those for my Saturday's breakfast! The Pho was also absolutely fantastic.

Normally you would find sausages left in serving trays for you to pick, but at this hotel, the sausages are freshly panfried at the station!

Hotel is ideally located, with the famous shopping belt just minutes walk away, and Ben Thanh market is just a few minutes taxi ride away.

The only issue I had was the reception gave me wrong info that breakfast was included in my room rate. However I don't mind paying the US22 for such a good spread especially I have more time to eat on a Saturday morning :)

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Michaela S, Director of Sales & Marketing at InterContinental Saigon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Thank you very much for your feedback. It really is very satisfying to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

As you said, we are located right in the center of Ho Chi Minh City, walking distance from Notre-Dam Cathedral, Post Office, Saigon Opera House and the shopping Malls. Ben Tanh market is approximately 7-10 minutes taxi ride, and it certainly is a must see while staying in Saigon.

Thank you for the compliments on the breakfast Buffet. We are glad to say that our guests really enjoy the spread as we try to keep it very diverse.

As Singapore is only 2 hours flight, we very much hope we will have the chance to welcome you back very soon.

Best regards from the whole team of InterContinental Asiana Saigon.

Reviewed 1 December 2013

Although not the cheapest hotel in HCMC, the price is well worth it. The hotel staff are all very helpful and friendly. When I sent in a comment about a minor issue during my stay, I immediately got a response from the staff. I love the food, from the breakfast buffet to in-room dining, everything tasted sumptuous!

It was also quite a treat that they gave me free laundry for 2 pieces of clothing for each night of stay in the hotel.

The room is quite relaxing, making you want to go back staight to your room after a hard day's work.

It is also conveniently located beside a lot of very good restaurants around. Hard Rock Cafe is also just around the corner.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Thank you very much for your kind words.

I will pass the compliments to our colleagues across the hotel, thank you once again.

I am very glad you enjoyed the food in our hotel. If you are planning to come back for Christmas or New Year, we will also add special treats (lunches and dinners) and entertainment to make sure that our guests who decide to spend the festive season with us really enjoy their time.

As you said, Hard Rock Cafe is in our building. It is the only Hard Rock Cafe in Chi Minh City and is in deed very popular.

I wish you a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year and we sincerely hope to see you again.

Best regards from all of us,

Reviewed 29 November 2013

Excellent 5 star quality hotel; very conveniently located within walking distance to my work as well as leisure. Quite close to old quarter and its restaurants. Great team of staff - we were well looked after.

Room Tip: Pay extra to enjoy the Club facilities - enjoy the evening views over a glass of wine.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Michaela S, Director of Sales & Marketing at InterContinental Saigon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2013

Thank you very much for your feedback Michael B.

I am glad that you enjoyed our Club Lounge facilities, it is a very peaceful place with spectacular views of Ho Chi Minh City.

We look forward to welcoming you back, please do not hesitate to contact me on my e-mail address: Michaela.Smith@ihg.com before your next arrival. I will be very happy to help with your reservation and say hello in person once you are in the hotel.

Thank you again and I am sending the best regards from all of us.

Reviewed 28 November 2013

Good quality Hotel with helpful and friendly staff. Rooms were what you expected. Buffet restaurant with eight cooking stations was exceptionally good at all sessions. Wife forgot her prescription tablets and concierge found a stocking pharmacy just five minutes from the Hotel

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback. We are really glad to hear that our colleagues helped to make your stay a pleasant one.

Thank you also for the positive comment on our Buffet. Especially our Sunday Brunch is considered to one of the best ones in Ho Chi Minh City as it offers a huge selection of food, including sea food and of course, free flow of Champagne.

Thank you once more and please come back again.

Best regards from InterContinental Asiana Saigon

Reviewed 26 November 2013

Convenient location, nice suite, excellent service, nice lounge with VERY attentive/proactive staff, reliable concierge team, great sense of service and lovely smiles everywhere.
Nice Ambassador recognition as well
absolutely perfect from airport pickup to drop off
thumbs up to the team

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for your lovely review.

I will definitely pass your compliments to our team on the Club Lounge, they will be delighted to hear your feedback.

Our Club Lounge is an extremely popular feature of InterContinental Asiana Saigon as it offers a tranquility and exclusivity to our clients. We try to make it an exceptional experience for all our guests as we realize that we all need to relax after a long day at work or after exploring the busy Ho Chi Minh City during the holidays.

Thank you once again and we hope to see you in Saigon soon again.

Best regards,

Reviewed 26 November 2013

This is a nice hotel, however people need to take a WARNING about the Intercontinental IHG Points system. It really AWFUL. They try to promote Ambassador memberships and they try to get people to sign up for point bonus offers, however if your not careful then your going to get screwed. Some key things to know:

1 - You will only get 2000 points per STAY. So if you stay one night, or seven nights in a row, then you still only get 2000 points. So make your short stay bookings here, but if you want points, then make your long-stay bookings somewhere else.

2 - If you book two rooms at the same time then you will only get credit for one room. Even if it is your kids staying in the other room. I just found this out the hard way when I signed up for a "special" they had advertised for an additional 1000 points per night. We spent 3 nights there and I was told by their website reservations people that I would get 10,000 points, but then the points people rejected this due to some fine print and I only got 5000 points. Needless to say, I am pretty pissed off about this.

It typically takes about 25,000 points for a free night. So that means that you have to travel 13 separate times to ever get a free room. It does not matter if you stayed in a room two or three days per each visit.

Plus, to rub salt in the wound....I paid for the Ambassador membership because I travel a lot and they promise a room upgrade for each stay. I travel enough so that I know the room layouts and I can tell you that their are no room upgrades. I'm staying in the same rooms that I stayed in back before i upgraded to Ambassador level.

Come on Intercontinental, get your act together or you will lose my business for good.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
5  Thank Chuck L

Thank you for your taking time and sending us the feedback in regards to the points.

Could I please ask you to send me your contact details to my e-mail: Michaela.Smith@ihg.com

We would like to get in touch with you and follow up on your comments.

Thank you in advance and best regards from Saigon,