“Excellent location and exceptional service”

InterContinental Saigon Hotel
Ranked #6 of 447 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Singapore, Singapore
“Excellent location and exceptional service”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Stayed there in late Jul for business trip and the experience was one of the greatest I have had. Pick up was arranged from airport and upon arrival, I was ushered directly to the room by the service staff. Requested for a change of room due to smoking room given and this request was attended immediately.

Breakfast has nice spread and quality of the food was good.

Hotel was connected via a shopping mall with good range of restaurants nearby.

Gym is small but well equipped. Gym staffs were very friendly and provide assistance readily.

Overall, one of the best experience i have had and will stay there for future travels.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Michaela S, Director of Sales & Marketing at InterContinental Saigon Hotel, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Thank you very much for your lovely feedback and I am very glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us here at InterContinental Asiana Saigon.

As you are planning to come back, it would be lovely meeting you in person. If you could drop me a line before your next visit, I would be very grateful. My e-mail address is Michaela.Smith@ihg.com.

Thank you once again and we are looking forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Best regards to Singapore,

Michaela

Michaela Smith
Director of Sales & Marketing

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (527)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Reviewed 25 August 2014

I recently enjoyed a 4 day weekender with friends in HCMC. This was my first visit and I could not have picked a better place to stay. Located in District 1, the hotel is walking distance to several of the key classical heritage sights (opera house, cathedral, post office), luxury and local boutique shopping, and the most trendy food and drinking establishments.

We stayed in an IHG club twin room on level 18. Stunning east-facing room with views of the city skyline and river. The room itself was a study in elegance and understated luxury.

The hotel staff were appropriately attentive and provided an excellent level of service. We made use of the bar (excellent cocktails), spa (indulgent treatments and spa room) and the concierge (booking tours).

Highly recommend.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you very much for staying with us here at InterContinental Asiana Saigon and I am very happy to read that you enjoyed the stay.

From the points you put down, I would highlight the Spa InterContinental. I really believe that we offer the best massages in the city, the girls are true professionals.

Thank you once again for taking time and sending us your compliments, we are very grateful.

I wish you a lovey day and we hope to welcome you back very soon.

Best regards,

Michaela

Michaela Smith
Director of Sales & Marketing
Reviewed 24 August 2014

As a regular traveller both for leasiure and business, I have stayed at many top class hotels and InterContinental in Saigon is always on my list of favourites.
- The location is just fantastic, closely located in the heart of Q1 with easy access Dong Khoi st, the Opare house, Shopping centres,restaurants and more.
- The food here is great with a selection of delicious Vietnamese noodles (Pho, Hu Tieu Nam Vang, Mi) prepared on the spot. I'm half Vietnamese and I have to admit the food here is just something to desire for.
- The Club Lounge represents top service and friendly staff, I and my family often stay here with access to the Lounge, my wife and kid love the welcoming atmosphere, the friendly staff who are very attentive and passionate to Small Children (which is very important to us when choosing hotels to stay). We have been to many hotels in Japan (where hospitality is well-known worldwide but when it comes to caring and catering for Children, they fall short).
Thank you for giving us such a wonderful place to relax and enjoy our holiday, we will come back again definitely.

Room Tip: Book a suite and you won't regret.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank JamesTuanHo
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Overall, I'd have to say the Intercontinental Asiana Saigon was fabulous! As part of my 1st international business travel experience, it lived up to the reputation IHG has become known for. Great people, very nice facilities, and right in the heart of everything. Unfortunately, I did not have the opportunity to venture out to see all that Saigon has to offer - so that will be another trip. I can say, however, I will be staying at this hotel. If I had one issue it was the speed and consistency of the internet service at the hotel that was a little less than I would have expected. Otherwise, this is the place to stay when in Saigon.

Room Tip: Join the IHG rewards program and get upgraded to the corner rooms if possible.......great view of th...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Had a Deluxe Suite on the top floor - and wow... it was fantastic.

The room was large, great comfortable bed and fantastic bathroom and products.

The staff were amazingly helpful and friendly.

Breakfast was substantial and a lot of choice.

I'd definitely stay at this hotel again - when back in HCMC.

Room Tip: Club Floor is expensive compared to other hotels in HCMC - but if you can afford it - go for it.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

This hotel is a decent one in HCM. It's got good facilities, comfortable rooms and is situated in a great area. I would have probably given it four stars had it not been for the super service we received from the front desk staff. I made an error and we accidently turned up at the hotel on the wrong dates. Even though the hotel was almost at capacity, the front house manager not only got us a superior room because our room was unavailable, he even gave us the same rate and refunded me for the days that I had booked in error and missed. This is really beyond the call of duty because it was my fault and there was no reason whatsoever why they should have to refund my money or upgrade my room.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Stayed here for two nights on business. This was my first time staying at this hotel and I was pleasantly surprised as have not been too impressed with Intercontinental Hotels in the past.

My plane was 2 hours late but the car was still waiting for me.

Apart from the staff on the desk when I checked in at midnight who were not as competent - the others I came into contact with were excellent and could not do enough to help.

Room very clean, good wifi and TV.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business