“wonderful surprise”
Review of Villa Song Saigon

Villa Song Saigon
Ranked #2 of 467 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Reviewed 16 May 2014

We weren't quite sure what to expect but what a wonderful surprise. The hotel is pristine & the setting on the river is just wonderful. We were greeted by the manager as we were checking in & were made to feel very welcome. The staff were extremely polite & helpful, making restaurant reservations for us.
The fact that the hotel offers a complimentary boat service to/from district 1 is superb. No need for taxis or the worry on how to get to/from the downtown area.
Also extremely useful was a list recommending attractions, restaurants, museums etc with opening hrs. This was in the room & we found it invaluable.
We asked for a quiet room & that is what we got. It was extremely well appointed & couldn't fault it.
Would we stay here again...absolutely, & would not hesitate to recommend it to all our friends.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank DottyCazza

Reviewed 15 May 2014

I can not imagine a better place to stay in Ho Chi Minh City. The location is gorgeous, the building is lovely and the staff are very nice. We loved having breakfast next to the river in the morning and enjoyed the peace and tranquility of the Villa after visiting the hectic city of HCM. It is a great way to discover the city to get to the center on the shuttle boat. I am happy we found this lovely place and I will for sure come back on my next visit to HCM.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mpperez_2001
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Went on a weekend escapade with friends and were delighted from beginning to end. Personally, I have been to HCMC a few times and usually stayed in apartments/hotels in District 1. If not for my friends, I would not have discovered this gem of a boutique hotel in District 2! From airport pickup (spanking new limo provided by hotel at a reasonable rate), to our arrival at the hotel, we were literally wowed. We were tired from the flight but the moment we stepped out into the hotel porch, we lightened up with sheer happiness! It is such a beautiful hotel - photos do not do justice at all! Not only that the staff, the service, the food quality, the details of the room decor...everything was tastefully done.

As a foodie, I can't help but talk about how amazing the food were at the hotel's Bistro Song Vie which is flanked by the lovely river view. Breakfast was our favorite part (all day!!) although we also had dinner there and it was so good I wish we had more evenings dining at the Bistro! The breakfast menu was so yum we literally ordered everything listed on the menu! The chicken pho were so delicious I can't get enough of it (drooling as I recall the taste!!), the Eggs Benedict were super bomb!!!! So were the pancakes with fresh in-house berries sauce which were complemented with fresh vanilla cream - they were to die for!! The viet rolls call Banh Cuons sent me to paradise many times and the vietnamese coffee was brewed to perfection. And there's this fresh croissant that begs to be eaten every time I'm at the breakfast table. If only I have 2 stomachs!!! The wait staff at the Bistro Song Vie were generally smiley and obliging I felt like some VVIP! Did I say the GMs Jega and Clara were the friendliest people I've ever met!!! This hotel made me feel like I was in a home setting.

I found myself not wanting to leave the hotel at all - I could chillax all day, all week because everything I need is there. Too bad I can't swim but the salt-water pool (look mom, no chlorine!) was big enough for many laps! I didn't try the gym but I was impressed with the equipment they procured. The Spa Villa service was as impeccable with good masseuse and facial therapists (her name is "My" and she is very professional). If there's something I could think of in terms of improvement it would be the water flow in the gorgeous bathrooms. I found myself taking longer time to shower because the water current was weak and adjusting the hot/cold temperature was quite like a burglar trying to figure the passcode to a safebox! Nonetheless, a small issue which I believe the hotel can resolve.

Given that I went in mid April which is the hottest season of the year, it did not feel at all humid sitting at the al fresco area where the bistro is located. I can't imagine how lovely it would be to visit and stay at Villa Song at a cooler climate! It's definitely in my plan!

If anyone has concerns about getting to District 1 for shopping therapy etc, not to worry. Hotel can always help to arrange reliable local taxi's or, if you are adventurous for free ride, you can take the hotel's speedboat service which can be easily arranged by the friendly front desk.

So many more great things to talk about...the bed, the pillows ( O M G !!!!). I've never slept so good. The next time I stay at Villa Song, Im so going to eat everything all over again (ie. if they don't change their menu!). I may regret posting this review because it'll be harder to book a room next time at the rate the positive reviews are pouring in!!!!

Thanks Villa Song Saigon for your warm hospitality, for going all out to pamper us, and for making my short stay so memorable and wonderful. xoxo

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank towkayneo
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Really excellent - beautiful location, lovely building and absolutely fantastic staff. We arrived late afternoon frazzled from the slightly unfortunate journey and decided we did not like the room we booked - so we were shown another five rooms before we picked the room we liked. Service is faultless - everyone at the reception and the restaurant is efficient and accommodating but a very special mention goes to brilliant Thom who moved our luggage around without a blink and made sure we had everything we needed at any point.
The hotel organised our boat trip to Cu Chi tunnels which was fantastic and the free shuttle to and from District 1 is a great bonus - easy to organise and definitely the best way to travel.
The pool is wonderful - an oasis of cool calm in the sweltering city and the food is competent and well priced - there is also a decent wine list that doesn't blow the budget.
It is worth mentioning that the official opening is still some months away - the overall impression is that they are doing really well already.
Vill Song Saigon is a great base for exploring HCMC - peace and calm with all the amenities away from the bustling D1 yet only a 15 minutes boat ride away.
We loved our stay and will definitely come again.

Room Tip: First floor seems a best bet and rooms with balconies/French doors have most light. Pool view is go...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SashaK66
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Gorgeous property set on the Saigon River with modern yet comfortable and Vietnamese style inspired rooms featuring all modern conveniences (they even had an Apple TV and Nespresso machine). We splurged and stayed in one if their suites which we upgraded for at check in and had our own private balcony overlooking the river where we enjoyed chilled morning leisurely breakfast watching the slow pace of the traditional boats and barges passing by. Combined with the great service, free mini bar and fun boat shuttle to the city center, and the residential/private exclusive feel that the hotel had this was a wonderful stay. They also have a small spa with good treatments and a very good restaurant serving Asian and international specialties. Loved the Tom Yam soup for light snack and the steamed Vietnamese rolls for breakfast.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Dededu
Reviewed 8 May 2014

This hotel is not in the centre of Ho Chi Minh, but in the quiet upmarket suburb of district 2. It is a fairly short and cheap taxi ride to the centre or you can take the even quicker and cheaper trip to the centre if you use the hotel’s complimentary speed boat transfer

I stayed at this hotel on 3 separate occasions in three different suites. All were very roomy, light, well appointed and clean.

The hotel has a small gym and a large very private swimming pool. Meals are taken mainly outside in a garden facing the river.
I ate mainly breakfast and only occasionally lunch. All meals and food were very good.

The manager and all the staff we met were very personable, friendly and professional. I would particularly like to thank Tuyet on Reception who was so helpful, in every one of our various requests and queries.

I definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Stayed in a 3 different suites - all were different, all were very good.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rjm50
Reviewed 8 May 2014

It's been 3 weeks and images of Villa Song kept flashing in my head, so much so that I feel compelled to share the mesmerising experience I spent in a lovely villa nestled amongst slender palm trees alongside the Saigon river. I remember when I first set eyes on the place. It was love at first sight, the arresting river view, the exquisite décor with tasteful furnishing from the elegant lampshades to the sofas and the original paintings. It feels like very single item has been individually handpicked and yet the whole ensemble seem so well harmonised.
If you love the exterior, wait till you walk into the guestrooms. The four poster bed with the delicate translucent nettings, the paintings that make you gaze at it for the longest time, huge bathrooms with aromatic toiletries, and the coolest looking bathmat that massages your feet so addictively you don't wanna step out of the shower.
And breakfast is simply divine. You can choose any a la carte item from the menu from eggs benedict and pancakes to local beef pho, they're cooked to perfection with the freshest ingredients and local herbs. The breads and croissants are all freshly baked and I have to mention the jams, they're so good that I overheard some guests requesting if these can be purchased to bring home !
In the evenings sipping a glass of wine or martini by the river, watching the boats go by, away from the hustle and bustle of city living, it not only feels like paradise, it actually is !
And when the skyline darkens one can enjoy the lovely moon and countless stars on the horizon whilst dining alfresco, and here again I enjoyed every savoury bite of the meals.
For activities one can soak for hours or swim in the fairly large-sized salt water pool which is unique unlike the chlorine-tainted ones in most hotel pools. I was also surprised to find a well-equipped gym which is a rare find in a villa setting.
To top it all I was overwhelmed by the service staff. They are warm and attentive yet not intrusive, striking the right balance to make you feel at home. On the day of my departure I can't help feeling a strong reluctance to leave, perhaps my stay was too short. The only consolation is my plan to return for a longer visit in a few months' time.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family