“Really great spot in Saigon”

Nhat Thao Guesthouse
Ranked #171 of 927 Ho Chi Minh City B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 August 2011

We turned up at 8pm inSaigon not knowing where we were going to stay. Luckily after half an hour of wandering, we stumbled upon this little charm down a side street, right in the heart of the bars and restaurants - butsecluded enough to escape the city noise. It was a great rate for a double with air con,tv and private bathroom, and included breakfast. Best of all was the service. Outstandingly friendly and very welcoming, if we go back to Ho Chi Minh we will stay here again

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank Drhares
There are newer reviews for Nhat Thao Guesthouse

Reviewed 2 May 2011

I arrived in Ho Chi Minh very early morning by a sleeping bus. When I made my booking over telephone, I mentioned that I would be arriving at around 6a.m.. The booking receiver said no problems at all.
When I found this guest house, the door was closed but obviously unlocked and receptionist was sleeping in cauch, so I went into the guest house being sorry to wake her up.

1st word came out of her mouth was WHAT? YOU CHECKING THIS EARLY? YOU SHOULD KNOCK THE DOOR FIRST! very annoyingly.
Also she told me to pay half night charge if I want to check in at 8:00 am because the cleaner needed to clean up the room.

I have never heard that I need to pay half charge to get a room just a bit earlier.

She was just upset because I woke her up.

I was so disappointed to be very unwelcomed, so I canceld my booking right away, found another guest house which was very welcoming in early morning.

Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank jvnp
Reviewed 2 May 2011

It is a wonderful inexpensive guesthouse in the center of District 1. The staff was extremely nice and helpful. It is located in the main tourist/backpacker area like numerous other places of the same price range but Nhat Thao stands apart with its quiet situation at the end of an alley, great staff, and very clean rooms. Free wi-fi and breakfast as well. I will definitely stay there again when back in Saigon!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 December 2010

The room was much better then expected. And with 3 small kids the 2 queen size beds worked well.
The breakfast was OK. I would like something different, but to get breakfast when only paying $30, who can complain?
You got Cable TV, a fridge (need with small kids), and a place to put your luggage. It worked for us.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 November 2010

This is a great place and I would stay here again.

I arrived at the hotel after a very long flight. The taxi driver (arranged by the hotel) had phones ahead and the receptionist came and met me at the taxi, helping me with my luggage. However, my luggage had been lost in transit.

The breakfast was fine and the staff were very helpful, pleasant and friendly. They even gave me a new t-shirt when they realised by luggage wasn't arriving any time soon.

The Wifi worked well, the air con worked (once I'd figured out how to use it and you do get what you pay for. The room was functional but basic, the bathroom was a wet room (meaning that the shower just emptied into the room).

I would stay here again if I visited Saigon. This hotel is not one of the top recommended on hostelbookers for no reason!!!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 October 2010

Rooms : SMELL BAD !!!! DIRTY !!!! SHEETS NOT CLEANED !! BUGS !!! VERY NOISY !!!
Service : TERRIBLE ! NOT WELCOMING ! NOT HELPFUL AT ALL !! TERRIBLE ENGLISH !!!
Food : NOTHING except A DISGUSTING BREAKFAST (the food wasn't the worst...the worst was the lady from the staff eating a white cheese with her opened mouse in our direction !!!!!) Nice !!!
Location : Backpackers area : not very safe ! A LOT OF HUDGE COCKROACH EVERYWHERE !
Pick Up Service : Maybe the only goodthing about this hotel !

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 October 2010

I stayed here in May last year and Eric was very helpful with a lot of my questions. So I came back again this year in October and spent the last two or three days here. Ho Chi Minh certainly grows on you in time, and this guesthouse is very quiet and good value for money. As mentioned, there is only one person on at a time, but they are very helpful and friendly staff. If I come back to Vietnam again one day, I would like to stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo