“good place with lovely staff”

Nhat Thao Guesthouse
Ranked #212 of 986 Ho Chi Minh City B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 October 2011

So wonderful place in good location and lovely staff. They were so friendly and helpful .They showed us everything. One again thanks Eric, Cherry and Jen for your help.The room was clean but bit small. A basic breakfast with break and egg, butter, jam. Some drinks were coffee and tea. However it's ok. If I go back to HCM i will stay here again

many thanks
Don

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends

Reviewed 10 October 2011

For $17 USD/night, this was a great deal. My room didn't have a window, but it was large and clean, and in good condition. The guesthouse was very quiet at all hours, and it was tucked away down a quiet, clean, dead end alley. The inner courtyard was pretty, the breakfast was minimal but good, and the staff friendly and helpful. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a good, basic place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 September 2011

A very basic place to stay, however it was clean, central and the staff there were so helpful. They helped us organize bits and recommended places. They were great! Brekky is included, but not the best but none the less was a pleasant experience.

• Stayed: December 2010
Reviewed 19 September 2011

Turned up in HMC at 2am as a group of 5 looking for somewhere cheap to stay and found this. Very nice place in good location and good value. If I go back to HMC i will stay hear again.

Thanks

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank BenV13
Reviewed 17 August 2011

We turned up at 8pm inSaigon not knowing where we were going to stay. Luckily after half an hour of wandering, we stumbled upon this little charm down a side street, right in the heart of the bars and restaurants - butsecluded enough to escape the city noise. It was a great rate for a double with air con,tv and private bathroom, and included breakfast. Best of all was the service. Outstandingly friendly and very welcoming, if we go back to Ho Chi Minh we will stay here again

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank Drhares
Reviewed 2 May 2011

I arrived in Ho Chi Minh very early morning by a sleeping bus. When I made my booking over telephone, I mentioned that I would be arriving at around 6a.m.. The booking receiver said no problems at all.
When I found this guest house, the door was closed but obviously unlocked and receptionist was sleeping in cauch, so I went into the guest house being sorry to wake her up.

1st word came out of her mouth was WHAT? YOU CHECKING THIS EARLY? YOU SHOULD KNOCK THE DOOR FIRST! very annoyingly.
Also she told me to pay half night charge if I want to check in at 8:00 am because the cleaner needed to clean up the room.

I have never heard that I need to pay half charge to get a room just a bit earlier.

She was just upset because I woke her up.

I was so disappointed to be very unwelcomed, so I canceld my booking right away, found another guest house which was very welcoming in early morning.

Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank jvnp
Reviewed 2 May 2011

It is a wonderful inexpensive guesthouse in the center of District 1. The staff was extremely nice and helpful. It is located in the main tourist/backpacker area like numerous other places of the same price range but Nhat Thao stands apart with its quiet situation at the end of an alley, great staff, and very clean rooms. Free wi-fi and breakfast as well. I will definitely stay there again when back in Saigon!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo