“Cheap and cheerfull”

Nhat Thao Guesthouse
Ranked #203 of 961 Ho Chi Minh City B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

We got two single beds and a double bed for very cheap for 2 nights. Very clean and the staff also drove a tuk tuk . Took us to see major sights and waited around for us. Staff were very friendly and helped us with bus times to continue to Vietnam . I'd stay here again. Breakfast was a standard big white roll and coffee

Stayed: November 2013

Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

This little guesthouse is really good. It also provides you with a simple breakfast which is just great.

While reading others reviews about staff being bit difficult or their English being not up to mark. I would like to say that because it's not their first language they would be bit awkward but as I felt that once you try to communicate the staffs are happy, friendly and ready to help.

The rooms are basic very clean which is so important and they have a fridge and a television .

I felt the guesthouse is very secure and safe.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Great free breakfast included with the room! Very helpful staff, and we didn't feel the need to use the pillow cases we brought from home. Very central to an area where many other tourists stay, but the guesthouse itself has a relatively low occupancy so it feels secluded.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 December 2013 via mobile

nice place to stay in a great area of Saigon! I had a pretty clean room,
good functioning airco and wifi. there is helpful staf willing to help out arranging the rest of the trip. In the morning they serve basic but fine breakfast. All for a very decent price!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I just returned from my third visit to this place, the first in 2008 then in 2009. After the first visit, I was in love with this place and the staff and vowed to never stay anywhere else while in Vietnam and reguarly reccommended this place to people. But during my third visit last month, I was so so so disappointed... it has gone down hill... My beloved Eric and Ruby who worked the reception have been replaced with less helpful/non-English speaking staff. The staff before were so friendly and helpful which made the stay nice. There was one guy there who spoke ok English and was actually pretty nice and as helpful as he could be but there were 2 girls who spoke next to zero Engish and didn't help at all! In fact were quite difficult and rude.

Staff aside, the overall up-keep of this place has gone down. The room was filthy with foot and boot prints all over the walls next to the bed. I remember this place being spotless once upon a time. In addition to the grubby walls, the bathrooms were filled with mould.

It pains me to give this place a bad review given my previous love affair with it but honestly, I would never return again. The location is of course fantastic but there are many better/cheaper places in the same street. Every second building on this street has rooms available so there's no shortage.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 August 2013 via mobile

Very friendly and handsome staff :). I stayed at Nhat Thao Guesthouse in sum for 4 days. I enjoyed my stay there really a lot. In Saigon really a good place to stay. Next to buy vien street and the backpackerarea.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 21 March 2013 via mobile

Nhat Thao is a very nice guesthouse from where you can discover Ho Chi Minh City,
- located in the heart of the exciting backpackersarea
- including breakfast
- close to the citycenter, restaurants and streetfoodplaces
- in the evening it's fantastic to drink very cheap beers at the little terraces just 100 m further on the Bui Vien
- very very friendly staff
- quite exceptional: we stayed at this guesthouse at the beginning of our vacation and paid in advance for our last nigt in vietnam 5 weeks later. We didn't really expect they will remember us and this appointment. But when we came back after 5 weeks the staff directly recoignized us, showed us our room and we didn't have to pay anything. Good service!

• Stayed: February 2013