“Great place to stay!”

Ranked #45 of 454 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Newcastle-upon-Tyne, United Kingdom
“Great place to stay!”
Reviewed 12 November 2013

This hotel is situated in a really good spot on a busy street. It was our first stop in Vietnam so you either love or hate the traffic! I loved it as it gave the place its character. Once inside the hotel the lobby is very calm and you are always welcomed into the hotel by the attentive friendly staff. Our room was perfect, very clean with a spacious bathroom. We headed to the spa early in our visit and had a fantastic massage. We opted for the double side by side version and two young girls spoke good English and chatted about Vietnam life. The actual massage was superb, walking up and down my back using ceiling rails above was a first for me! This was a great start to our time in Saigon. Local markets, Notre Dame Cathedral, the Opera House and many other attractions are easily reached from the hotel. Staff are helpful directing you to other places. The internet is easily accessed from all parts of the hotel.
The breakfast was brilliant with a great choice for our English tastes and I assume for other cultures too. We were able to vary our choices over the three days of our stay. Whilst it was busy each day we were always able to find a table.
The rooftop pool is another excellent feature, relaxing, reasonably quiet (for Saigon) and provides great views of the city.
All in all a great place to stay and explore Saigon.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BarryD974

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (311)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Cairns
Reviewed 9 November 2013 via mobile

He: loved it! The room was superb, the bath looked small but was deceptively large (I'm 188cm), the service is above expected, (even for Vietnam) and using a pool on the roof is a wonderful place to get away from the bustle of Saigon. The breakfast bar alone is worth staying in this hotel. Despite obvious chronic myopia, old mate at the egg station whipped up an aweshine omelette on the go! I'd happily never leave!
She: A nice touch of luxury and a sanctuary after busy days sightseeing. Bed somewhat softer than what we'd encountered on our travels and very happy about that! Loved the extra touches on the Executive floor including cocktails and snacks every night. Would stay again.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 November 2013 via mobile

stay there during business trip sometime in 2011. great location as its near e market n amenities. rooms r clean n staff r friendy. in e morning u can walk abt e market n at night it turns into a night market. it is also located near e back packers area where u can find gd. cheap food n drinks

• Stayed December 2012
Reviewed 2 November 2013 via mobile

I am here for 5 nights arrived 30/10

staff are very friendly & are always wanting to please you

my room was very nice, comfortable & clean I am on the 6th floor

I had my hair cut on the 12th floor the day I arrived I was happy with the cut and again the lady who cut it was very friendly and made me feel welcome

breakfast well what can I say about breakfast some of the choices are pancakes, a variety of cereal, a variety of juice, fruit, crepes, scrambled eggs, boiled eggs, toast & bacon and there is more

breakfast was fantastic hot foods were always hot, juices were always cold.

room service one night I had fish & chips & seasonal fruit again fish & chips were hot & very nice the fruit was fantastic. the appearance of the plate was very appealing

this motel is close to everything

the pool on the top floor was very nice there were seats to sit or lounges to lay on

the gym I have not used as yet but I did have a look inside and the equipment is all new and clean

I can not find a fault with the staff or any part of this motel I will stay here again

Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
australia
Reviewed 27 October 2013

This was our 2nd stay here, this time we booked 5 rooms for our entire family. The rooms are compact but beautifully laid out, our bathroom had a double shower. Our daughter had an infant with her and the hotel upgraded them to a junior suite for the cot. All our rooms were new, the beds magnificant and although the size of the shower/bath varied everyone was happy with their rooms.

As we all arrived together, staff were friendly and efficient with our check in,, our bags were stored for the few hours we had to wait as we arrived at 10am and quickly bought up to our rooms. The rooftop pool is an oasis and the buffet breakfast is varied, catering to all tastes.

Again, we were extremely happy with our stay here and will come back again

Room Tip: ask for the double shower
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 October 2013

I am trying to sleep in room 3102 but I can't because of the noise of the lift dinging every time it arrives and because of the pouring rain landing on the corrugated iron roof which is just under my window. The view is none existent as we are stuck at the back of the hotel with a view of bins walls and aircon units and a half built half collapsed building right outside the window. The room is spotless and basically comfortable but I am really glad not to be here for more than one night. Good location and helpful service so it's a satisfactory review but the room is poor because of the noise and the crummy location at the very unattractive rear of the building.

Room Tip: Don't choose 3102. Ask for a room at the front.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Sally W
Reviewed 25 October 2013 via mobile

Our arrival was late (around 9am)and we were warmly welcomed, settled into room of which was very nice, quite clean and as it was our first night wanted to wander around, the staff provided a map and general idea of where to go, night market close by fantastic location, great for staying in city, close to ferry and building is easy to find.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple