“Good Location”

Bong Sen Hotel Saigon
Ranked #120 of 462 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Stayed there for 4 nights. A good business hotel with basic amenities. Air conditioning was not upto the mark in such a humid and hot weather of ho chi minh otherwise a very good location. All major restaurants, stores in surrounding area. All put together, a value for money.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with balcony otherwise you end up with no window room.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Traveller8137

Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

After my wife and I had an bad start to our trip to HMC, we check into this place. It was really good for their star rating. The staff were friendly and efficient. I enjoyed their breakfast as it had a good mix of east and west. The location is great. Putting us near everything. I would stay here again. If you want better in Vietnam you will need to go for a 4 star.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gerald H
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Weird vibe in this place - low lighting, quiet corridors, dust, muted tones. Nevertheless, everything functioned (and when it didn't, they sent someone up) and everything that you need is on your doorstep. Good breakfast.
I found they were pretty flexible on the price so do feel free to negotiate. They even ended up upgrading me unprompted - score!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Jessica r
Reviewed 22 April 2014

We stayed a couple of nights either side of a trip to the Delta. We had a spacious room with everything you would need but a very slow Wi-Fi. Breakfast was fine but on the first night we arrived late and decided to eat in the restaurant up stairs. This was a big mistake and the only really poor meal we had in three weeks of travelling in Vietnam apart from a short of time desperation KFC in Hanoi!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Abbotsham
Reviewed 27 March 2014

The room i had was good, spacious, good lighting, nice and very clean bathroom. Good location. Just some minor comments on the wifi which is slow specially if you are travelling for business but i can better at late night. The elevator is not very convenient if you have a heavy luggage because you need to take a short stairs, but of course they always help during check in but don't expect on check unless you ask. The TV has some english channels somewhere but you will need search all the channels as there is no channel guides. Hotel staff needs to be a bit more friendlier, i am not sure if this is a cultural thing. But generally it's ok. I wouldn't mind coming back.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Travelling_Engr
Reviewed 25 March 2014

I really felt I'd struck lucky with this choice of hotel. A very good establishment at a reasonable price. The room was clean, spacious and comfortable. I couldn't fault the staff - attentive and friendly. I had a minor problem with the air conditioning leaking but it was sorted very quickly. The location in Dong Khoi is ideal for everything worth seeing in the city and I was lucky enough to be there during the Tet celebrations so the whole area was lively and exciting for the whole five days of the festival. I commend this hotel and will use it again on my next visit.

Room Tip: Try for a high floor.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Great place to stay, we were looking for something not 200 a night but still feeling luxury and safe with security etc.

Location is great, I highly recommend dong khoi its very central but not right in the madness like the backpacker area. dong khoi is such a nice area at night the way everything lights up at night. 9/10 things you will want to do are walkable !

you can walk to markets (6-7 mins) or taxi is only 2 dollars. Balconies are good but dont have table or chair (you can steal the chair from inside for balcony) view is nice as its on a T section opposite Trung Nguyen coffee.

Breakfast/Room service menu is GREAT probably the highlight, really good choices and the Garlic bread is only $2 or something delivered to your room and its an awesome snack highly recommend :)

street noise was a NON issue even only on level 1 (directly on the street) the curtains are very thick!!

only reason I didnt give 5 stars is our balcony (room 201) had 2 air conditions on it, both facing in wards so when you were on the balcony you were getting smashed by hot air from two sides, and one of them wasnt for our room so even if we switched our air con off the other one would keep kicking in and out (I think it was for ground floor). at night I would like to have a couple tigers and watch the world go by but it was abit annoying to have the hot air pumping on me. we could have probably swapped rooms I looked at the other balconies and they only had one air con thing and it was facing outwards, but we didnt worry about it.

Room Tip: if they give you 201 maybe ask for another room due to the dual aircons
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple