I stayed here for 2 nights in July 2013. I was disappointed. I expected more from a 4 star hotel in light of other 4 star hotels I have stayed in in Ho Chi Minh city.
- The hotel is in a great central location for the main city sights.
- The 16th and 17th floor resteraunts have great views over the city.
- The bed was comfortable. In fact the room itself was comfortable, if on the small side. It was clean. There were no issues with external traffic noise (the city is noisy) or from other rooms.
- The food was awful. I had 2 breakfasts in the hotel during my stay, both of which were pretty much inedible. One lunch was adequate. One dinner was horrendous!
- The reception staff were unhelpful. They weren't rude, but they certainly weren't helpful!
- The bathroom had the strangest/most useless shower/bath combo in it! It was a bath/spa bath/shower all in one unit which came complete with lights/multiple spray jets/jacuzzi bath jets/lights to turn the water different colours/in shower radio and cd unit/2 separate key pads to operate all the different settings together with multiple dials/taps. All of which were completely unnecessary. Oh, and no instructions on how to use the thing so trying to work out how to get a basic shower in the thing was a nightmare! A waste of money and time and incongrous given the style of the rest of the hotel and room.
I don't think the hotel deserves its 4 star rating. And don't eat there!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Golden Central Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.