“Average for the price you pay”
Review of Le Prince Hotel

Le Prince Hotel
Ranked #437 of 913 Ho Chi Minh City B&B and Inns
Singapore, Singapore
“Average for the price you pay”
Reviewed 16 August 2012

Got myself a deluxe room, comes with in room computer & jacuzzi bathtub.
Room is small, lots of dirt coming out of the jacuzzi pump, and I left it running for an hour to clear all the rubbish out. Upon return, the floor were filled with HUGE amount of sand and dirt! Probably came from under the bathtub!

Everything else was good, but it is definitely more pricey. Unless you need a computer/jacuzzi in the room, you can probably get a similar quality hotel for half the price.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank cx_1234

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Ho Chi Minh City
Reviewed 30 July 2012

We booked the deluxe, bigger room and, on arrival, another guest had extended, so they could not give us what we paid for: already not a good start. We did not kick up a fuss when we were told we could have the smaller room but did kick up a fuss when they refused to rebate us the difference between the cost of the two rooms. We were told, we had booked through Agoda. They just refused to rebate. Never been downgraded in a hotel before without,at least, the difference being refunded. Worse service ever! This place is the pits.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Mark L

Travellers are raving about these Ho Chi Minh City hotels

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 20 July 2012

Good hotel with great location. Its very near to the Ben Thanh market, approx 5 minutes walk. Along the streets, you can find lots of things to shop and eat. Very friendly and helpful staffs. Breakfast was good. Reasonable price for the food (if you order room service). Overall, good experience and definitely I will come back here if I visit HCMC.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 19 July 2012

Cannot recommend this hotel. The room was clean but very very small. That aside, the main problem was that the place advertised restaurant & a bar. In fact, there was a small dining room set up and it appeared that both food and drinks had to be brought in from elsewhere. We decided to have dinner in the hotel our first night. Drinks were ordered - my tonic arrived in about 30 mins but the gin par did not arrive until much later. My rice arrived first and it was another 45 mins before the gristly chicken curry arrived. My friends experienced similar issues with their food and drink. I know it was raining but..... The location was good.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 14 July 2012

The hotel is located very centrally.

Unfortunately when I checked in with my two young kids, they allocated us a room which was evidently recently vacated by a chain smoker. Indeed, by the smell of the whole floor, it would seem there had been a tobacco convention hosted there immediately prior to our arrival.

They then moved us to a room that looked straight on to a dirty wall opposite.

Then to a room on the top floor - only a drama in that there is only 1 lift for a hotel with at least 60 rooms...

Finally we were settled in a room, the safe wasn't working but a bit of judicious jiggling of the batteries sorted that, and we were away.

Unfortunately it had by then started raining, but the hotel receptionists (unwillingly) lent us a shoddy umbrella and gave us (wrong) directions to a place to eat.

We ended up getting wet and cranky and finally got a taxi to where the restaurant was - and the restaurant was actually excellent - but on the way the umbrella broke.

the next morning, despite the debacle of the day before, and the fact that the shoddy umbrella was so shoddy that it broke, the self-same receptionist insisted on being paid for it.

HOWEVER: all that aside, I have to say that it was one of the most comfortable hotel beds I've ever slept in!

So, if you can ignore the really revolting chintzy decorations (think some demented combination of Louis XVI and Victorian era gilt and gold) and the poor service, you will find a place with excellent beds that is close to everything, and doesn't cost terribly much in the broader scheme of things.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Spiceoflives
Oxenford, Australia
Reviewed 10 July 2012

I'll start with the good things. The hotel is central and the rooms, although quite small, are well-appointed. However, our dining experience was an absolute disaster. We arrived too late to go out, and were assured by reception that they had a restaurant and we could get drinks. We went into a large room behind reception, but no doorways into a kitchen or cooking equipment. We placed our drink and food orders and were told it would take 20 minutes. It was only after a considerable wait that we learned that the food and drinks were coming from another of their hotels, and were delayed because "it was raining". In the end, the order came in four lots, with two of the drinks coming after we had finished. The food was very average and not helped by the fact it was cold. Also, in the middle of the wait, the power went off for a considerable period of time - no advice on the problem or candle/torch was forthcoming.

The same room was used for breakfast, from 6.30am. We had an early start and were down there by 6.45am, but the breakfast wasn't fully set out until after 7am.

Another problem was our laundry. We handed it in with plenty of time to get it back by the 3pm promised. As we were due to leave the next day, I called at 4.15pm and was told it would be back at 3pm - even they realised that was impossible! It was then promised for three further times, before coming back very late indeed. This sort of thing is very important for travellers on short stays.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
Malaysia
Reviewed 7 June 2012

Actually my first trip to Saigon was in September 2010 with 5 friends. Since none of us have ever traveled to Saigon, I was in charge with everything. After looking at the photos from TripAdvisor and the room rate from their website, I decided to put us up all here. All of us were very happy with this property. We had Superior Double at USD45 nett per night breakfast. The room although quite small but was very comfortable. There was TV and PC with super fast internet connection at no extra charge. My room had a standing shower but my friends' room at the corner was bigger in size and had a bathtub.

What I loved the most about my room (and still does) was that it had a small window so if you are up early in the morning, you could see and soak in the real life in Saigon. It was lovely, really. Although my room was opposite a road, I didn't have trouble sleeping (or maybe I was too tired to even bother).

The room was cleaned everyday. although the decor a bit kitschy, but it's better than those normal backpackers inns that I saw. The service was superb - they helped us with our luggage and hailed cabs for us. Breakfast was limited but don't let that deter you!

Ben Thanh market is on the right - just one minute walk away from this hotel. If you go to left, there is a small cafe that has good Vietnamese coffee.

Room Tip: Although corner room is larger & has a bathtub, it lacks view of the city. You can only see some...