Traveled all over central and southern Vietnam in April. During my stay in Ho Chi Minh (formerly known as Saigon), I was lucky to find this little gem in the middle of the city. I found the rooms to be very inexpensive for the location. The rooms offer plentiful storage space for your luggage as well as a safe for your valuables. Every room has a nice size bathroom with a great tub for soaking. The air conditioning works really well especially when you need a break from the extreme heat of the city. They also serve complimentary breakfast every morning, so make sure to get their early since seating is very limited.
Tips when staying there:
1. You are located around some really nice restaurants and shopping centers so it is easily to walk and explore. I walked almost everywhere.
2. If you do opt to take public transportation, look for cabs that are VINASUN. They are the most trusted taxi service in the area and very cheap too!
3. They do have dry cleaning service and that was also very inexpensive. It literally cost me under $10 for a huge bag of clothes.
4. I found myself hanging out a lot at the Grand Saigon hotel which is two blocks away. That hotel has a little casino, great roof top bar and restaurant and also a nice spa (which gives 40% off treatments before 3pm). So I got the perks of an expensive hotel without staying at one.
5. There is a restaurant around the corner called Pho 24 which is great for people on a budget. You can get their basic Pho for just 29,000 Viet dongs which equals to $1.37 USD! I ate there a couple of times during my stay.
6. When traveling through Vietnam you must leave your passport at the front desk at most hotels. I don't know about you, but I don't feel comfortable leaving that with some stranger. So it's important to make photo copies since most hotels including this one will accept them.
The two most important things for me when staying at any hotel: The cleanliness of the hotel and the comfort of the bed. Both were perfectly fine for me, but I do like my beds a little harder then plush. I grew very familiar with Ho Chi Minh city and would gladly stay here again!
Thanks for reading and make sure to follow me on twitter at @travelfooddude
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel is at great location and offering pretty good values. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Tan Hoang Long Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.