“They have a shop in Hanoi too”
Review of Mekong Plus

Mekong Plus
Ranked #42 of 239 Shopping in Ho Chi Minh City
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The Mekong+ shop is on the first floor. The largest variety of products: quilts, bamboo, water hyacinth... with a special and attractive which you will find nowhere else.This is a social enterprise: all products are hand made within a community development project. All profits support the same villages. Half of what you pay is going straight back to the villages.
Port Fairy, Australia
50 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“They have a shop in Hanoi too”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

its great to support an organisation that has a social perspective. My quilts were made after my order and arrived safely in about 2 months. Emails kept me informed about the progress of my order. Great quality product as well.

Visited April 2014
5 Thank Steve D

65 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 82 helpful votes
“Don't miss it (and check the outlet, too!)”
Reviewed 15 May 2014

It's always great to stop by Mekong Quilts.
As a tourist, you might be a little stressed out by the experience - so many beautiful quilts... and so little place in the luggage! But you can also buy smaller items. All of them are fantastic, especially those for babies / kids.
If you happen to be around D7, you might want to check their store there. At the 1st floor, there is an outlet. Not many things, but you can find a good bargain. I got our queen-size silk quilt there - it just had a little, tiny scratch that nobody could detect, and I got a nice discount because of that.

Visited November 2013
3 Thank DanielaKLI
York, United Kingdom
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Thieves - avoid!”
Reviewed 9 January 2014

We visited the shop and bought a king size quilt for VND6m and paid by visa. Once home I discovered they took payment twice and not accidentally, once pin entered, then again 20 minutes later after I had left shop as a cardholder not present transaction. One month later and lengthy phone call and email traffic later they refuse to refund monies. I know this is a not for profit organisation but blatant theft is ridiculous. Overall a very bad experience. I would not recommend it.

Visited December 2013
11 Thank Graham G
Mekong C, Manager at Mekong Plus, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
We apologize for the inconvenience that you've encountered at our shop due to a technical problem beyond our control. The refund has been made and confirmed by you on 23 Jan. 2014.
What happened: one out of the two credit card machines (2 different banks) stopped unexpectedly with an "error" notice. Our staff eventually made a new transaction with the other machine which unfortunately led to a double payment without us knowing. You informed us on 27/12, we contacted our bank immediately and emailed you about our action with the bank on 27/12, the very same day. The bank took action not before 4/1. The banking system in Vietnam is such that is takes 2 weeks to complete the cancellation, and we informed you again about this.
No "blatant theft", but local bureaucracy. I hope this will correct your perception about Mekong Quilts.

Bernard KERVYN,
Regional Director
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Hand-made souvenir from Vietnam is here”
Reviewed 15 December 2013

I have been looking for a quilt for my bed and I finally found one here. Staffs there are very helpful and nice.

Visited December 2013
2 Thank kittichate
Melbourne, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Lovely Quilts ”
Reviewed 12 December 2013 via mobile

I dragged my husband to the outlet store today, which is a bit out of town. It was well worth the visit. We didn't buy anything from the outlet part of the store, however purchased 3 baby quilts from the main store. They are all lovely! I could have purchased them all! The lovely sakes staff vacuum sealed them for us so they are compact to travel home with. Lovely quilts and products.

2 Thank Briza13