“excellent services. good location, friendly staff”

Bizu Boutique Hotel Phu My Hung
Ranked #128 of 468 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Reviewed 30 August 2014

excellent services. good location, friendly staff. especially Ms Nhu. She gave helpful & informative advices and assistance to us. we are business travelers and every time we go to ITE HCMC we stay at this hotel. We will return when there is the show.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 14 August 2014

I have stayed at the Bizu three times, most recently for three weeks on business. The rooms are lovely and clean. The location is near Phu My Hung cafes and restaurants, yet on a quiet side street that makes for restful nights. But what really makes this hotel a standout is the staff. I am a vegetarian and had plentiful options at the morning breakfast buffet. The staff went above and beyond, however, by frequently surprising me with special vegetarian breakfasts or snacks. I felt very well cared for and knew that I could turn to them for help if needed. For those looking to stay closer to the city center, this would not be a good choice. But for those with family, friends, or business in Phu My Hung or who desire a retreat from the bustle of downtown, I strongly recommend the Bizu Hotel. I look forward to my next stay there.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Bostontraveler470
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We took this hotel on the return trip to Ho Chi Minh from Dalat. Having stayed near Binh Thanh the previous time, we thought we should stay in another area to explore more of HCM. Didn't turn out to be that good an idea.

Location:
The neighbourhood is a definitely more upper class then the area near Binh Thanh. It seems to be inhabited by mainly Korean expats, so it's less shady and safer at night. Downside is, it's close to absolutely nothing. Not much to see or explore around the area except restaurants and classy bars. Had to take a long cab ride out of the area to get to the touristy areas

Service:
The staff are nice and polite. Room service is slow though.

Decor:
This place is clean and tries to look modern. Upon arrival we were told that we had been upgraded to the penthouse which was nice, but it honestly looked normal. Room was clean and well furbished.

Was more expensive then the previous hotel we were at in city centre and in a boring location. Otherwise nice place to stay

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Tawny12
Reviewed 4 August 2014

The hotel was clean and convenient to good restaurants. The staff was very professional and always willing to assist our needs. We were visiting a friend that lived nearby so the hotel was very convenient.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank blease2
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Bizu Hotel itself is small hotel and can see it just renovated. My room is ok, just ok cannot ask for more on the price paid. Its in a quiet location in Phu My Hung, District 7 so if your looking for something in the centre of things this isn’t it. From district one it takes about twenty-five minutes to get here. The hotel is in a nice area with many restaurants.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I stayed 3 nights there. I stayed in 4th floors. In my room, i can see the street. the feeling are more comfortable when you seat in balcony, listening the wind breath, waooooo... that's interesting.
nice service, breakfast are available with the buffet, they can choose anythings they like.
if i have a trip go to Phu My Hung, i will stay again in Bizu hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Jazz972
Reviewed 16 July 2014

This hotel was the last stop of our holiday in Vietnam. I specifically chose it because firstly of its positive ratings online and secondly, we were after a place to stay which would be accessible to shopping amenities and dining, yet away from the noise and activity of busier areas. The hotel is actually comprised of two buildings, separated by a vacant lot used for parking motorbikes. We were initially assigned to a room on the first floor above the reception and lobby, but after complaining of noise made by other guests, we were upgraded for free to the penthouse suite in the adjacent building - Heaven sent! The suite is much more spacious and comes with a kitchen, with basic utensils and crockery (plates, bowls, saucers and cups). Bathroom was okay, although I did find some difficulty accessing the handheld spray shower because it was located high up on the wall. Best of all is that there is a balcony with chairs and tables and a swing, where one can sit and sip drinks and watch activities going on along the street.

Breakfast can be ordered in the room or you can dine in the dinner room of the second (and newer) building. It is very basic, consisting of bread, cornflakes, fruit, orange juice, coffee, with fried rice, stir fried noodles, congee and soup for mains. Eggs can be ordered optionally and cooked according to one's preference. I only wish that some sort of meat would be served as well, like bacon or ham or sausages, as it can be monotonous just to have eggs and toast and nothing else. But for the price paid, I suppose there is no cause for complaint. There's no shortage of places to eat along the street and beyond. There's Scott and Binh's in the first building if one yearns for Western food, a homey Vietnamese eatery further down on the right side of the street, and on the end of Cao Trieu Phat street (where Bizu Premier, the sister hotel is located), are more restaurants, mainly Korean as the district is home to many expats of that country. We had a most divine Korean bbq dinner on the restaurant on the corner. There are also pizza joints and fast foods. Don't hesitate to ask for the yellow hotel golf buggy to take you if you wish to go down anywhere within the immediate vicinity.

The staff are all friendly and helpful, services are generally excellent.Yumi the general manager speaks good English and is quite accommodating. She even let us stay on in our room past the standard checkout time for no extra cost, since our flight wasn't till 7:30pm, and arranged for transport to airport (US$20).

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay, many thanks to all the staff, and look forward to booking with the hotel again in the near future.

Room Tip: If budget allows, select the penthouse suite or a back room away from the lobby.