Vissai Saigon Hotel
Caravelle Saigon(Ho Chi Minh City)
US$165
US$155
  • Pool
Hotel Nikko Saigon(Ho Chi Minh City)
US$146
US$139
Nikko Hotels
US$95
US$75
Silverland Yen Hotel(Ho Chi Minh City)
US$113
  • Breakfast included
US$97
  • Breakfast included
US$87
US$59
  • Pool
Villa Song Saigon(Ho Chi Minh City)
US$175
US$171
US$114
US$87
US$153
US$94
Hotels.com
The Reverie Saigon(Ho Chi Minh City)
US$366
US$265
Agoda.com
All reviewsclose to the airportairport hotelgreat hotelan early flightstar hotelroom was largepool and gymthe hotel managerlovely roomshuttle busbuffet breakfastwould highly recommend this hotelshort staycityvietnamsaigondistrict
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Having stayed at the Movenpick and Parkroyal on previous occasions, thought it might be a good idea to experience a local property.

Enter with an open mind and you will leave with even feelings.

Was met at the airport and whisked to the hotel within 5 minutes. Saw a lot of cyclos.

Behind the hotel is Big C supermarket with highland coffee, small cafes and a token KFC. next door is a burger king. there were more eating options around the parkroyal, which is just a stone throw away.

Room clean. toilet was ok. bathing option might be a tad dangerous as the shower was placed within the bathtub which was a deep sink in.

view from the 12th floor, the highest floor in this hotel, was good expanse of the city.

Vietnamese staff are ready to please, although the lady who took my in room dining order attitude left a bitter aftertaste.

That in short is saigon.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Mei H
VissaiSaigon, Executive Assistant Manager, Food & Beverage at Vissai Saigon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2013

Dear Mei H,

I am sorry to hear that your stayed with us did not meet your expectations; please accept my sincerely apologies for this. Base to your positive comment, I will take strong action adjust and follow up with our renovation plan in the near future.

Once again thank you very much and we hope that you will give us another chance on your next stay in Saigon.

Reviewed 17 September 2013

We booked this hotel as it was reasonably priced and had a pool. This hotel exceeded our expectations. The staffs were excellent.
One of our party was sick and the staff members came and checked on him several times during the day while we were out exploring Ho Chi Minh, they even gave us access to a phone to call the day tour company to let them know we couldn't make the tour.
My partner's birthday fell on one of the days we were here and they provided him with a beautiful handmade birthday cake
All of the staff went above and beyond what was required of them. We will be recommending this hotel to all of our friends.
I would especially like to thank the staff of reception desk and the 2 ladies Duty Managers for fantastic service.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Rose J

Dear Rose J,

Thank you for having chosen StarCity Saigon Hotel and for your great review here on Trip Advisor.

We are pleased to see that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and that our facilities and service were up to your expectations.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 14 September 2013

That is for the room value, I didn't have breakfast as well as the pool and spa service, I had no time for that so probably I'll just review on the room only.
I didn't have so much options since I had to get to the airport early in the morning so I chose hotels that near Tan Son Nhat Intl Airport. And just randomly, I picked out StarCity and I have to confess, the hotel delivered more than I could imagine.
For the room, the room was so nice and large and tidy. My room was on 12th floor (top floor) with the city view. I was surprised since my reservation was just 6 hours before my arrival at the hotel but I still had a room with a great view like that. The decor was modern, bed was awesome and comfortable, delivered a great sleep, and one hell of a large bath room, which I enjoyed most in the time I spent there. It was a pity since I didn't have much time to enjoy the breakfast buffet and the pool and spa service, but I'll try those on my return to the hotel.
Staff was nice, polite but not so helpful in the evening, probably I arrived a bit late, but very gentle in the morning.
For the cost of less than a hundred bucks, I really didn't ask for more than this. For further visits to HCMC, I'd love to stay here again, probably, in my opinion, best 4 star hotel in the city.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hoangunited
VissaiSaigon, Executive Assistant Manager Food & Beverage at Vissai Saigon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2013

Dear Hoangunited,

We are pleased to see that you thoroughly enjoyed your stayed with us including that our facilities and service were up to your expectations.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 13 September 2013

We was upgraded to a more superior room as we was on our honeymoon. We used a voucher so the hotel was not our first choice.

It was a bit out of the centre but we expected that and the taxi cost to and from was very cheap and only took 10 minutes including traffic. In addition watching the mopeds was entertaining anyway.

The concierge was really helpful and also the tour desk. I think the doormans could improve their english a little but they never gave up when trying to find out where we wanted to go and telling the taxi driver.

I didn`t rate this as "Excellent" because the Spa was very very poor. I booked a 3 hour massage only to be given 2 hours because they were closing. I did question why I was allowed to book an 8pm appointmen for a 3 hour massage when they closed at 10pm. Their lack of english tested my tolerance and I gave up as didn`t want to ruin my holiday.

I would not try the spa as I also though it was poor service because she had no strength in her to massage anyway.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Karen C

Dear Karen C,

Thank you for choosing StarCity Saigon Hotel for your stay in Saigon. We are pleased to see that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us including that our facilities and service team were up to your expectations.

We have noted your comment relating to our Doorman and Spa staff. We will address it through our on goings for sure English course training programs for improvement.

Again thank you very much and we hope that you will give us another chance on your next stay in Saigon.

Reviewed 10 September 2013

Modern, well presented hotel, equipped with all expected 4-star services available, but varying degree of professionalism.
Front desk staff excellent. Money exchange if required, at comparable bank rates.
Rooms were top notch. Housekeeping could not be better. Spacious, well appointed, with attractive decor.
Restaurant provided an excellent breakfast included in cost, with an extensive range to suit all tastes. For those needing an early start on sight-seeing, it did take staff up to 30 mins after opening in the morning to have everything out. Cooked food was not hot, only warm, and some not even warmed through, as they were chilled from overnight refrigeration.
With an expensive seafood buffet each evening (which we did not have) it was not apparent that a la carte was available. This menu was well priced, and our selections enjoyed.
Pool and surrounding area is very small and you have to go into the gym to get the towels.
What I really want to bring to other travelers attention is the spa!
The tour company that selected this hotel for us had also arranged a complimentary foot massage, which both my wife and I took advantage of the afternoon we arrived. We went to the spa to make the booking for this, and a pedicure & manicure for the wife, while we wander around to look at the other facilities on the same floor.
The spa treatments were amateurish, and not of a professional standard expected from a quality hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
VissaiSaigon, Executive Assistant Manager - Food&Beverage at Vissai Saigon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2013

Dear 4Wolf,

Thank you for having chosen StarCity Saigon Hotel as preferred stayed during your last visit to Ho Chi Minh City. It is great to know that you have good experience with our facilities and service team. Your comment will help us for adjust ourselves in offering a high level of service.

Yours sincerely,